Ryan Sessegnon (LB) Fulham

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

He's shit, not good enough for us, not even played in Europe or the EPL yet, didn't want him anyway.

Irishanfield and Livvy like this.
  2. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

"enlightenment and understanding" was brought to the issue... i believe everyone moved on...

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I see you too failed to solve the age old conundrum of "how do I tell this person he isn't worth my time responding to?"

redfanman likes this.
  4. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

touche...
    but the real truth is my work involves a lot of inter-departmental trouble-shooting and conflict resolution and so when i come on here, its like my little sanctuary from everyday work and home bullshit. so the last thing i want to do is get into an argument with faceless and nameless people with whom my only association is a fondness and love for a football club..

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Makes no difference if he is on a pro contract or not If they want 20m for him and we are willing to pay it.

6. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

So did Spurs signed him already or has he come out stating he is definitely going to Spurs?

redfanman likes this.
  7. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Better w e just pretend we didn't even want him in the first place....give up early and give up hard...

8. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

9. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Don't think it's any real surprise Spurs have stolen a march on us. Relocation is a massive factor for players of his age. Would think Spurs would be happy to loan him back straight away given they already have Rose and Davies competing for the LB slot as well.

10. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I wonder which Mod will close this thread first

11. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

Its a big loss but surely this means that we have left back targets elsewhere to look at?

12. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Like when we lost out to Dortmund for Dembele last summer and a week or two later we sign Mané?

13. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

We will close it when he signs - lots of things can change, the LFC news could be strategic to force a decision one way or another, who knows. In the interim, the speculation can stay here.

redfanman likes this.
  14. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

I don't think so.

Sure, he could turn into the Dele Alli of fullbacks. But, he's equally likely to turn into the Alberto Moreno of fullbacks.

Lowton_Red and NYRhockey like this.
  15. Limiescouse

I think that is exactly why it's surprising. LB is possibly Spurs' single strongest position in terms of quality and depth. I know Davies sometimes plays as a CB when they go with 3 (at least he does for Wales) so maybe it's solidifying the left side with that approach in mind. Still, there are a lot of peices that need to fall together for him to get much of a shot next season at Spurs. Or the season after for that matter seeing as Davies and Rose are both quite young themselves (24-26 ish)

16. redfanman

in the Times article that said our interest was over i think was that Spurs wanted Sessengon as Rose is likely to go to Utd. I dont think Davies is seen as an out and out starter at Spurs so he and Sessegnon can then fight for that starting spot.

17. Limiescouse

Hell, I wouldnt be against a devious, water testing bid for Shaw if the above is true.

Iluvatar and pottymonster like this.
  18. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

because we need an overpriced, injury prone LB who lacks dedication and game intelligence?

19. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

From my reading of the Echo article, it is unlikely we were ever really at the races. It's no surprise that Sessignon,just turned 17, London born and bred and still living at home would have reservations about moving away from friends and family to Liverpool. For him, a transfer to Tottenham would be the safe / cosy option.

No point beating ourselves up over losing out on a prospect, no matter how promising. He was never going to move straight into the first team, and how many players have failed to live up to their billing as the next greatest thing?

20. Limiescouse

It's amazing the amount of insight people can have over the character of someone they have never met.

The kid was a world beater. He then broke his leg and when he came back around the biggest prick in world football was his manager.

Dave-D, Livvy and redfanman like this.
  21. hoosierred

Might be worth a shot at a really bargain price, but he did show up to training camp badly out of shape under Van Gaal, who might be as big a prick as Mo, but that is 2 straight managers who questioned his fitness and dedication. He looks more like a fast, talented young player who just hasn't taken the next step - a little like Moreno. Whether that is down to the broken leg or other factors.

22. redfanman

Not saying you are wrong, but Van Gaal and Mourinho can be pretty difficult to work for if your not favoured by them.

23. Limiescouse

The notable thing about the LVG fall out was that 1) it was said not long after he got there and was something he felt that about many of the players he inherited, and 2) the following year Shaw personally came back and was in the form of his life until that awful night in Holland.

redfanman likes this.
  24. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Both two very very twatish man managers. A Klopp hug and the little porka would be ditching the cheeky nandos.

25. hoosierred

Very true - but if they are both criticizing him because he does not train hard enough to stay fit on either side of a serious injury, I would be hesitant about investing in him. He is still very young and could still grow into that player people thought he would be, I'm just very skeptical about that. And given that in 5 years he has not yet scored in the EPL and has only tallied 3 assists, I think his potential may have been over rated.

26. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

He was potentially worldclass at Southampton, no idea now though.

27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

He is supposed to be extremely dense, according to his contemporaries in the Saints set-up. After Enricky and Moreno I'm not sure that's the best type of player to go for.

28. Digger88

Digger88 Member

Tierney or Bertrand I believe would be a big upgrade on what we have at the minute.

29. Limiescouse

That is true. The same was said about Nicol though, and if there is one position that maybe can accommodate a bit of mental insufficiency it is full back, at least when it's combined with athleticism like his.

redfanman likes this.
  30. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

I thought Nicol was OK, I thought it was Rob Jones...with a nickname like trigger....

and Jason McAteer....oh Jason.....

redfanman likes this.