Ryan Sessegnon (LB) Fulham

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Depending on midfielders coming into the club it is entirely possible that Hendo could be utilised as a RB if necessary.

legalalien likes this.
  2. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

Yeah I wouldn't be counting on Flanagan here next season I very much doubt he'll be here. He'll be lucky to find a championship club going forward.
    Another massively overrated player by our fans.

3. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

the bit in bold is really unfair

4. Makati Red

if we play 3 at the back sometime next season id expect Hendo and Milner to be the wingbacks

5. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

Nah it's just the truth

6. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Henderson's maybe our best midfielder? We struggle a bit when he isn't at the base of the three. Let's not make him the RB just yet.

7. redfanman

We dont know who is coming in this summer. With all the talk around Paredes last year and in January, it could be that Hendo no longer has the starting birth in midfield. Therefore, flagging up a possible role in midfield highlights what value he has to the squad if he isnt taking up his starting place.

legalalien likes this.
  8. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Was parades ever linked by anyone reliable?

9. redfanman

I thought he had but cant remember who from the top of my head. Didnt their manager or Chairman publically comment that we would have to offer more to sign him?

10. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Maybe mate, just asking. I just don't remember Barrett, Pearce etc linking us

redfanman likes this.
  11. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Would like us to be after him!

redfanman likes this.
  12. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

You obviously weren't paying attention to the job he did for us during that title run. It was him or Cissokho at LB, as we still had Johnson playing RB. Flanno did a bang-up job for us whenever he was called upon.

Damned shame he had knee problems because he has the heart of a lion and is our last scouser in the senior squad. I hope they keep him on the books another season as he is still young. Gives everything he had every game. Still remember his debut vs the Mancs, and will never forget that half-volley into the top corner on a rainy night at WHL.

Joshua179 likes this.
  13. redfanman

Thought his debut was against Arsenal under Kenny?

14. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

redfanman likes this.
  15. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Maybe thinking about Robinson? Made his debut against Arsenal (aged 16 I think), if I recall?

redfanman likes this.
  16. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Robinson was against hull mate

redfanman likes this.
  17. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Ah bugger. Forgot about Rafa's last season. Played against Arsenal for his second appearance almost 12 months after Rafa gave him his debut.

redfanman likes this.
  18. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Flanagan popped back into the side out of nowhere against Arsenal. Not his debut but a head scratcher at the time. Kept his place rest of season.

*I think

Limiescouse and redfanman like this.
  19. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Robinson, Kelly and Flanno all have had awful injury problems, particularly the latter two. Otherwise they'd be Liverpool squad players now. They were all very good at youth level and looked solid in the first team but none of them had the luck required.

It'd be fantastic to see Flanagan back here even if it's only 10-15 games a season, highly doubt it though. Real shame, exactly the kind of character we could do with. Trent is the best fullback/defender the academy has had since Carragher, let's hope he can fulfill his promise.

Edit: Don't even know if the above is relevant. Will read again in the morning.

Anfield rd Dreamer and redfanman like this.
  20. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I don't know how good Flannagan could have ended up being if not for his injuries, but you know what, the kid has some balls and when we've had games where we played like a bunch of cream puffs we could have used him on the pitch showing his tenacity.

Alright Now likes this.
  21. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Could we have overplayed them before their body fully develop. Depending on a 18-19 year old as a fullback of all position is a high injury risk.

22. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

Tbf they were all just injury prone, Robinson was in all the youth age groups. Kelly suffered injuries whilst on loan at Huddersfield, Flanno's could be due to the way he played

23. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

They really could and should have been our Wes Brown, John O'Shea and Phil Neville type options in the squad. Players like that allow you to funnel all your resources into around 15 top class outfield players (bought or club developed) backed up by a small handful of these squad player types and the current best from your academy. Unfortunately we've been buying our squad players (Klavan, Toure, Coates, Alberto, Aspas, Lambert and so on). When you do that you have less resources for your main batch of players. It's why I really couldn't care for selling Flanagan and Wisdom this summer till we have academy kids to take over them. They use places within the squad lists we can't buy foreign players to fill anyway. They're especially useful in Europe were you have 4 spots only club developed players can fill and you either use those slots or have a smaller senior squad list to choose from.

24. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

Unless it's the England national team you're talking about... (though at least Hodgson and Allardyce aren't the managers anymore)

25. rickardinho1

Flanagan hasn't made a mark at Burnley, nor does he have the athletic attributes Klopp looks for in a fullback, so I'd be mightily surprised if he plays for Liverpool again.

26. rickardinho1

Agree. A healthy squad will be one where the fringe players are youngsters and players developed from your academy, which at least appears to be happening gradually under Klopp with Trent and Woodburn as prime examples.

RobLFC and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  27. rickardinho1

No way that will happen. It's more likely we see Trent or Milner at RB, and if the rumours about Oxlade-Chamberlain being signed he would also be an emergency RB option.

28. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I would personally shoot Klopp and our recruitment team if that is the reason behind them wanting Ox-Chamberlain. How many times did we see him play as right back?

redfanman likes this.
  29. redfanman

Hendo has stepped in as an emergency RB previously, will be familiar with our defensive set up and has the attacking attibutes required to play it in a Klopp system. My post raised it as a possibility based on incoming players and Klopps willingness to re-position players to keep them in the team. OX has never played RB, and i cant see him being brought into the side to cover that area.

30. Makati Red

Just scored again and has an outside chance of being in the PL with Fulham next season