Ryan Sessegnon (LB) Fulham

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Kopstar, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Will we get him?

1. Yep

2. No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

The one thing I learn about the Alli and Bale incident is that, if we have a chance to sign a 16 year old who can score for fun as a full back, let's not worry too damn much. Buy him now. Not like after we buy him the owners are going to tell Klopp to play him.

schmee and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  2. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Why? He has been fantastic. Luke Shaw was playing premier league football at 17. If he finds the championship this easy he will be able to make the step up.

Dele Alli was only doing it in league 1, went to the premier league and took to it like a duck to water immediately. This lad could easily do the same.

schmee, Limiescouse and inaiq like this.
  3. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Well, can't argue with that... :-)

4. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Also the plan is for Clyne to switch sides and TAA play (who is more than ready based on this season.)

5. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I hope that isn't the plan for us going for Sessegnon. If it is, I think Klopp needs his head examine.

6. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Pretty brave from us if we're counting on Trent and this fella to be our direct full back backups next season.

Iluvatar, redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  7. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Personally if we had both on the field at same time this whole experiment with a back three would be a whole lot more valid

8. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Ah, but if it works...TAA marauding down one side and this 16 yr old who's been named in Championship team of the year marauding down another in a few years...*

Could be best set of attacking fullbacks in the league for years. This approach is working well at Spurs right now.

I've said before, I wouldn't blink if TAA had to play 5-10 games on the trot next year in place of either fullback. I think he's ready and it would really help him out knowing he's the one for an extended period of time (if Clyne or Milner get injured). I think he's more than ready for that. Both Clyne and Milner have excellent health records, so an extended time period where both are out is unlikely. But Sessegnon has shown he's ready for step up from Championship, even if he is only 16 right now. I'd think a similar run for him in the side, albeit I'd not want a 5-10 game run from him, maybe 3-5 games in row at a time, would be good for him as well. And I'd think he'd be 4th choice fullback- TAA backs up Clyne, and if Milner goes down, Clyne to the left and TAA slots in on the right. But for all the problems we've had keeping first 11 fit, fullback hasn't been an area of concern. I'd hate to miss out on him because our reserve RB is also young.

*this approach may not help stabilize the defense. But will be fun to watch.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  9. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Walker and Rose both had a different path, a couple years of experience elsewhere.

redfanman likes this.
  10. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Yup, looking 3-4 yrs away...looks good. Agree might not be the best approach for next year, but reserve fullbacks are the last thing on my list of where I'd want to see good depth, and so if the reserve fullbacks are both young bright as button prospects...I can live with it.

11. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

12. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Perhaps a key piece from that Echo article is this:
    Liverpool have been linked with a £8million move for Hull City left-back Andy Robertson but Sessegnon is their preferred option.

redfanman likes this.