Sack Race

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by lfc.eddie, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Karanka sacked! Who's next? (As of 16th of March)

1. Walter Mazzarri (Watford)

2. Mark Hughes (Stoke)

3. Slaven Bilic (West Ham United)

4. David Moyes (Sunderland)

5. Sean Dyche (Burnley)

6. Sam Allardyce (C. Palace)

7. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

There are an alarming of underperforming clubs this season. I can understand why Villa struggled after losing their two best players, but the rest are quite shocking. Sunderland added some players, but struggling to keep their head above water. Mourinho's side unchanged, added a couple of players, they are also struggling to keep a lead with such expensive ensemble. Rodgers still looking clueless in most games Liverpool FC played so far and Newcastle after putting McClaren in charge, bought a few players, struggled to also keep up the pace with only 3 points out of 24.

So who is your pick to go first in the list above? Mine.... Mourinho will be the first to go.

2. liveforthereds

liveforthereds asp67 twitter

Still think Rodgers will go this week Monday is the best bet, I just don't see him getting a result against Everton. The Special One should be quite safe he seems to have a better relationship this the real boss of Chelsea if things carry on then maybe around Christmas or the end of the league stages of the Champions League but he should be safe for now, the only other one that might go and he will resign rather than be sacked will be Dick Advocaat

3. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

Expect it to be Mourinho but who would replace him. Ancelotti won't go back, would Klopp want the job or would they go interim til the end of the season and see how things have gone.

Would prefer it to be Rodgers but don't think that thought is at the forefront of FSG's mind sadly.

Villa I think really needed Adebayor as Benteke replacement but that fell through.

Didn't expect Newcastle to be where they are but Pardew must be wetting himself laughing at them now.

4. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

advocaat will go first I think.... Closely followed by Rodgers!!!

mattyhurst likes this.
  5. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Expectation: Advocaat, though I think he will resign. Mourinho is on borrowed time at this point.#

Hope: Rodgers, at about 4pm tomorrow.

6. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

My money is on McClaren. That man is probably the manager most out of his depth I've ever seen in the PL... the Toon army aren't reknown for their patience, and Ashley likes to sack his gaffers. Everything in place to see him removed first I think.

Others could swiftly follow suit though: Advocaat is nailed on I think, and maybe Rodgers if we lose tomorrow... Mourinho should still have some time on his side to adress his problems, and the others will also be granted some more time I feel...

7. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Well, I have voted Rodgers out by Monday morning, if we lose or draw against Everton. I still think Mourinho is still safe for now, then maybe Sherwood, followed by McClaren.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Well if Rodgers becomes available that really will make it uncomfortable for Mourinho.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  9. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

I read over the summer that Sunderland ownership sent Dick Advocaat's wife flowers for many days to get him to change his mind and manage again this year. No doubt he is ruing his own decision. Then today NBC were reporting that he will resign tomorrow (this was before the game). If Sunderland escape again this year, that's three great escapes in a row!

For me it's Mourinho. He's acting as if the meds have stopped working. Firing doctors. Switching line ups. Abramoivich won't watch this for long methinks.

Timmy should be safe for a few more weeks. After all, who else will they get right now? Timmy pulled a shift at Tottenham, and he should be given more time to make his new signings come good.

I hope we win the derby tomorrow.

10. Zinedine Biscan

Rumour doing the rounds is that Advocaat has resigned. BBC trying to confirm.

11. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I have just seen the metro.co.uk on my twitter feed, that Klopp has signed a three year deal with LFC and will take over once the derby is over, not sure whether to take it with a pinch of salt. I am not getting my hopes up until it's from a reliable source.

At least Advocaat did the decent thing, rather than being forced out.

12. Zinedine Biscan

I would imagine they're quoting a similar source to the one in the Twitter thread, which I would say is unreliable (however much I would love it to be true). It's fairly safe to say that whoever gets the news first, it will be 100% not the Metro.

13. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

If you hear it from a reliable source ZB, please post ASAP. I think you guys are more well connected than we gals are.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  14. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

advocaat has gone / won the race !

15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

But who will come second though?

16. ShadesOfRed

ShadesOfRed TIA Youth Team

Well, Advocaat technically didn't get sacked so the race is still on. Rodgers and McClaren the most likely of those left imo.

Nick_LFC and liveforthereds like this.
  17. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

DA walked, the sack race is still on.
    There could be a couple of managerial changes happening with the international break.

18. lfc.eddie

And FSG showed signs of life by letting Rodgers go!!!

liveforthereds likes this.
  19. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

You got it right on the day, just an hour late. Well predicted ZB.

20. Zinedine Biscan

z
    Is it the right time to bring up again the dream I had the other night about Klopp taking over?

Maria likes this.
  21. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Yes, Can't we have both Carlo and Jurgen together, or am I being too greedy?

22. Zinedine Biscan

We're going to be gutted when they unveil Eddie Howe tomorrow, aren't we?

Dave-D likes this.
  23. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Finally, Rodgers has won something.

Nick_LFC likes this.
  24. lfc.eddie

He didn't mate.... Advocaat won the race, he again came in second. Very close second again....

cynicaloldgit likes this.
  25. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Dick resigned....so technically Rodgers did win though not sure how Labrokes and the like judge it, that decision may have pissed off a few.

Spot on.

I think Cashley will keep hold of McClaren for some time yet, after all his advert for a block buster sale has been running on loop on sky today, those Lee Cooper t shirts don't discount themselves.

26. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Neil Redfearn's regular employment is up again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34570202

Bet he is gutted he took the Rotherham job......Leeds really need to get rid of that charlatan of an owner and put someone in who can get them back.

27. Zinedine Biscan

It's Leeds, though, so lol

28. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

True, the fact is the fans seem to be more obsessed with the football league as opposing such a shoddy owner, I guess it's ignoring the obvious for something that's not achievable.

Reminds me of that Blackpool fan who told me to stop blaming Oyston for their issues, I wonder how he feels nowadays.

29. RichLFC

RichLFC TIA First Team

I think after a succession of losers in charge of running that place they had just about given up

Trapped in a vortex of permanent underachievement

30. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

With Newcastle's 6 goal performance, all the sack race vultures focus on Timmy S. Here's a tip of the cap to Timmy. Go, baby. Love your press comments. Oliver Twist all grown up and managing a football club.