Sack Race

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by lfc.eddie, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Karanka sacked! Who's next? (As of 16th of March)

1. Walter Mazzarri (Watford)

2. Mark Hughes (Stoke)

3. Slaven Bilic (West Ham United)

4. David Moyes (Sunderland)

5. Sean Dyche (Burnley)

6. Sam Allardyce (C. Palace)

7. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Your wish was granted....

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Bottom of the league, trigger-happy owners, unpopular with fans, looking generally clueless.

Has to be Moyes really.

3. Zinedine Biscan

Mirror is running with the line that the players complained about Ranieri to the board. Looks like he did lose the players after all.

So I guess we're left hoping their relief at him going doesn't counteract their general incompetence this season.

4. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I suspect the players were the bigger problem than Ranieri. Their scapegoat has now departed but I doubt that improves their performance much. Relegation beckons for Leicester I suspect.

Livvy and Scott Jones like this.
  5. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Yeah, experience shows that this kind of inconsiderate sacking during the season doesn't help much, unless there is a clear plan how to change things. But here, it smacks plain panic, so it will rather weaken them than anything else. Hopefully though they don't show a short-term reaction, which can happen. If that happens, we could be on the bad end of it.

It would be interesting for us to know if that interim coach loves deep defending or not, Allardyce- or Pulis-style......

6. Zinedine Biscan

Word on the street seems to be the owners are going after Mancini.

7. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

That's the news and odds on in the bookies this morning. Because Mancini is an ex-Leicester player it may be skewing those odds, but still. He IS out of work right now.

I personally found it shocking that they sacked Ranieri - the man that bought them the title and Champions League football. There were rumours the players had a hand in it, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

I reckon Moyes will be safe, Matarazzi is my pick to go next.

8. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Oh, do they? But I meant this with a view on the coming Monday... surely Mancini won't be in place until then?

9. Zinedine Biscan

Oh, no. Looks like the assistant Craig Shakespeare is taking change of Monday's game.

10. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Much ado about nothing.

11. Zinedine Biscan

As long as Migs doesn't (Ham)let in a few, we should be ok.

12. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

The comedy of errors.

El Dorado and rupzzz like this.
  13. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Shouldn’t that be word from the gutter ‘cos that is where Leicester FC is right now.

14. Fester

Because the Mirror says so ...... ????? :think::?:

15. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Ranieri left them when they're still in the CL, and they are not in the relegation zone. A total shit show!

El Dorado and Scott Jones like this.
  16. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

Just shows nervous owners. The fans were still with Ranieri, not one of them I'm aware of has called for his head. But there have been stories about the players being unhappy going back months. Stories like Ranieri has changed the post match meals from chicken burgers to pasta and various other crap like that. If the players did go to the board and the result of that was Ranieri's release, then the board just showed how weak they are.

17. Zinedine Biscan

I saw it there, but others appear to be carrying it too, including the Guardian.

18. Kanonkop

Claudio Claudio, where forth art though Claudio.

19. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Player power stinks. Ranieri have one big problem, he is to nice. It isn't the first time the players used that weakness against him. If you want to stay at the top then you must be ruthless every year.

The manager must do what Klopp did against players like Balotelli and Sakho and the club must back him all the way. He must show that he is the boss week in week out or else he will lose the dressing room as soon as the results isn't good enough and the club don't back him 100%.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  20. Elessar

Manager after manager get sacked because the owner(s) don't kick out the problem players.

21. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

It is not an owner's role to get rid of players, that is even worse than an owner deciding which players to acquire. Failing to get rid of problem players is down to a manager in any coherent sporting organization - even if there is a DoF who has to execute, the manager is the one who has to identify which players cannot be made to fit.

22. Fester

Wherefore ...... where ........ freakin' ........ fore!!!!!

Another one to add to classic misquotes from Shakespeare! :tongue:

23. Fester

How the hell can the players justifiably be unhappy with Ranieri? He led them to EPL winners medals that they had no right to expect when they joined the club.

Leicester City are nothing to do with me and yet I feel really pissed off at the way that Ranieri has been treated. What arrogant, ungrateful, short-sighted bastards the Leicester Board are.

I just want to thank Ranieri for giving English football one of those great underdog triumphs and truly special achievements. He deserves much, much more respect and much, much more appreciation from the greatest beneficiaries of his efforts - the people who stabbed him in the back and sacked him. I wish him well for the future, I really do!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    LaurazRed, Maria, eng.amohd and 2 others like this.
  24. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah fans are distraught.... maybe an odd atmosphere on Monday.

Hope our fans can be their excellent best.

25. Elessar

It is not an owner's role to get rid of players but they must allow the manager/CEO/DoF to do it even if they lose a lot of money.

26. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

If the move is justified, the manager or the director of football will be given free hand to do so. But if moving a player on does not justify the benefit of the club then no. If a player is in his twilight of his career, commanding huge wages and disruptive in the dressing room, the manager proposed to let the players go, the owners will grant and should grant his wishes even if they lose money on the deal. But if the player is young, has a lot of potential and possibly be worth 30-40 times the current market value in the next couple of years, if the manager is playing him in the wrong position, bench him for personal differences, then no, the owners should not allow the manager to sell the player at a loss.

I would not want the owners to meddle into footballing affairs too damn much. QPR is the best example of this.

eng.amohd likes this.
  27. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I am so upset about what happened to Ranieri, if it was 'player power' that started this coup to oust Ranieri, then they should hang their head in shame going behind the manager's back to the club owners. Ranieri made them superstars, influended the club to increase their wages by 40% and a lot of the players like Vardy wouldn't get a look in the England national team if they hadn't been in the limelight last year.

When we were going through a rough period under Hodgeson, I know we supporters were complaining about him, our players didn't once stage a mutiny to oust Hodgeson. At least our players have semblance of decency.

I hope our fans as well as our boys give the Leicester players hell on the pitch on Monday night and their contracts are null and void.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  28. Fester

You're right Maria and Leicester would have received a hell of a lot of money from TV rights, winning the EPL and a season in the ECL money that would not have come into the club if it had not been for Ranieri. This latest episode has brought great shame on Leicester City and risks overshadowing that wonderful EPL triumph.

Shameful, disgraceful, appaling. I could go on.

Scott Jones, LaurazRed and Maria like this.
  29. Elessar

IMO both Hodgson and Rodgers lost the dressing room. So, no, some of players back then didn't give a shit about the club. Big egos exist at every club, including Liverpool FC. The manager that can't lose the dressing room don't exist. It happens a lot of times every season.

30. Kanonkop

That's not what Maria said. What she said is that our players didn't actively turn against the manager and try to get him removed...unlike the Leicester mob.

Maria and Scott Jones like this.