Sack Race

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by lfc.eddie, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Karanka sacked! Who's next? (As of 16th of March)

1. Walter Mazzarri (Watford)

2. Mark Hughes (Stoke)

3. Slaven Bilic (West Ham United)

4. David Moyes (Sunderland)

5. Sean Dyche (Burnley)

6. Sam Allardyce (C. Palace)

7. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

LaurazRed, eng.amohd and Scott Jones like this.
  2. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

And if it's the manager that brought those players in in the first place, then the blame unfortunately lies squarely at their feet.

3. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

IMO they did that but that is my opinion. They showed that on the pitch.

4. Celtic Dragon

Other sources have said the owners called the meeting with the players, not the other way round. But either way, the result still ended up the same.

5. Elessar

If the results isn't good enough and the most respected players stop believe in the manager then he is finished.

6. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Kanonkop is right, We were going through are thoroughly torrid time under Hodgeson, I think fans were much more vocal that Hodgedon was not the right person for the job and we became frustrated and there was a lot of upheaval at the time with the change of new owners, there was a lot of uncertainty.

With regards to Rodgers, I am not sure if he had lost the dressing room tbh, but our results were quite poor. I don't think it is in LFC's nature to revolt against the manager in the way the Leicester players have done or even Chelsea players a couple of seasons ago. I got the impression that the owners were going to get rid of Rodgers anyway at some point but we're waiting for the right man.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  7. Elessar

We will probably never know if Rodgers/Hodgson lost the dressing room but we could all se what happened on the pitch. Players that didn't give a shit. Players that didn't worked their socks off. Players that didn't care when we let in a goal. No heart, no passion. A bunch of players that IMO wanted the manager out whatever it takes.

8. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

The player revolt is not a new thing in football. We have seen managers "losing" the dressing room. Results and performances then suffer and the manager pays the ultimate price.

Everton suffered badly through the breakdown of player manager relations. Gordon Lee, Billy Bingham and Mike Walker spring to mind.

Both Manchester clubs and sadly even we have lost managers through player power.

It is despicable to see that the Leicester City players have taken this power to the next level.

Whoever instigated the meeting between the owners and players is not relevant. What matters is that the meeting ACTUALLY took place.

Players are well known to be selfish animals and they are well known to divert blame for poor performances, elsewhere.

The last bastion of honour and respect in the beautiful game is now under attack. Leicester City (players & owners) have started the final chapter of the game.

Maria likes this.
  9. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Vardy certainly looks like someone you'd kick a football boot at,I would anyway.:-)

10. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

I am sure those four players will be showing their undying loyalty to Leicester by immediately agitating for moves away should they be relegated.

11. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

What does 'lost the dressing room ' mean to you If it doesn't mean what you go on to explain

Scott Jones likes this.
  12. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Really. I am trying to think back, I can't think of any of our managers who lost the the confidence of the players at LFC, I am only guessing, is it maybe Souness?

13. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

My respect for Vardy has become non-existent. I really hope I don't see in the England shirt once more. Backstabbing the man who actually made those bunch of players world-class is despicable.

Livvy and Scott Jones like this.
  14. Celtic Dragon

Souness, Rodgers, even Houllier to a degree. You could even argue it could have been the same fate for Don Welsh - the last manager to get us relegated in 1954. The fact that we only managed an 11th place finish in 1955 - a season that included a terrible 9-1 humiliation at the hands of eventual champions Birmingham City, really didn't help.

Maria likes this.
  15. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I hope it never happens again at our club in the future. If a manager has to leave the club, the club owners or TPTP should at least give some dignity to the departing manager.

16. Elessar

IMO it will happen again at our club. The money is to big now. If the results isn't good enough then players will risk not getting a bigger contract. Every manager at a big club that miss out on CL football will risk losing the dressing room.

You can't act like a dictator as a manager in todays top class football like for example Ferguson did. The players will never accept that if the results isn't good enough.

17. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

That article said the players were summoned, not that they called (summoned) the meeting. If the owner is doing that then he is in the verge of making that decision anyway, possibly regardless of what the players say.

Scott Jones likes this.
  18. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

19. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

To some extent Roy Evans was the victim of player power. Evans failed to control the players and his authority was underminded time and time again.

Souness lost the experienced players but was loved by the younger players. He made mistakes although to be fair both he and Houllier could point to serious illness as a factor in their eventual demise.

Hodgson - enough said
    Brendan - The way he misrepresnted the Sterling transfer saga and his failure to get a grip of Mario clearly led to him losing the dressing room.

Stoke City 6 Liverpool 1 was the lowest point for me. The side didnt want to know, even though it was Gerrard's last game.

Maria likes this.
  20. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

If Leicester do win Monday night... we'd have single handedly made it the most interesting relegation dog scrap ever.

21. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

According to the BBC (yesterday) vardy wrote this on instagramm:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39093177

eng.amohd likes this.
  22. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Unless I've missed something, the players who have gone public are yet to express any meaningful shock or disappointment at the decision to sack Ranieri simply gratitude for last season and the impact that had on their respective careers. And let's face it they bloody well should be grateful to the man.

I still detect the unmistakable whiff of a rat on the breeze. I suspect its a case of arse covering on the part of the senior players. Either way they have not put in a full shift for the club's or Ranieri's benefit this season which shows most of them up for what they are.

23. RaoulDuke

@Fester

I doubt the players would show shock and disappointment in public, even if they were not behind it.
    Because that would be the same as questioning/criticising a decision the owners/ other leicester executives have made.
    To do something like that in public is a no go for employees.

24. Fester

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall numerous occasions where players have expressed surprise, disappointment even at a manager losing his job. They've even held their hands up and said that they share some responsibility. Nothing like that coming from Leicester's senior players so far which is quite revealing.

25. RaoulDuke

Did you read what vardy wrote?

That sounds like sharing a bit of the responsibilty because it admits ranieri was sacked because the players underachieved.
    But vardy claims they didn't do it on purpose and he wasn't behind the sacking.
    Would be difficult to prove him wrong as an "outsider".

Fester likes this.
  26. Fester

Fair enough. Still hope we stuff the wasters though.

RaoulDuke likes this.
  27. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

28. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

Is moyesey still in a job?

29. El Dorado

El Dorado Well-Known Member

Key question from the article ZB posted: "What should we read into the fact that not one player felt it necessary to offer a clipped tribute to Ranieri within 24 hours of his departure."

As I understand it, Vardy offered nothing until accused of being in a conspiracy and then used part of his "tribute" to deny the same.

30. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Hodgson lost the confidence of the fans and the board, he was also never good enough anyhow, in fact the sacking of Rodgers seemed to talked up once he said he needed "more tools".

Nether of them had ever turned an average team struggling against relegation into Champions of England, in fact none of them have even made it past the group stage in the CL.