Sadio Mane (RW) Southampton

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Zoran, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

I'm an armchair fan. I've been to Anfield about 4 times in my life. I have no subscription to Sky, i don't bank with Standard Chartered, I don't eat Dunkin Donuts, i'm not arsed! ;-)

OLDIE likes this.
  2. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Bet you love firstrowsports then :-)

NIDINGR likes this.
  3. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I am hoping this deal falls through. Crazy money to Southampton again. Our club is becoming a joke.

4. nevermind

nevermind Do not trust Atoms they make up everything

No our club is not becoming a joke, just some fans :-)

Prolix, spooky, Vic_Vinegar and 9 others like this.
  5. Dortmund fan

Dortmund fan It's fishing time!

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Resident Realist

Not sure how I feel about this - could we have got better for the money??

Unfortunately I'm leaning towards how I felt when we signed Benteke, I only hope this guy doesn't go the same way......

Clive and Flobs like this.
  7. Flobs

Flobs FADA

I wonder who will be laughing if Southampton finish above us again.

8. treboeth

treboeth Well-Known Member

Is thiswhat Jurgen told you?

9. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Instead of all this bickering should we move on to the songs, I do believe his first name Sadio is far more rhyme able. That's all I got:wave:

10. AYBGerrardo

AYBGerrardo Well-Known Member

We've got Sadio
    Now fuck off Mario

?

11. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Brock34 likes this.
  12. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Oh Christ,now we are talking 38m for him,how he is worth that has got me fucked.
    Low 30's tops I'd have thought!
    He'd better be good otherwise it won't take long for the honeymoon to turn to shit.

Flobs likes this.
  13. dxb_red

dxb_red Well-Known Member

Hi all. I havent posted on here in a while, but i'm actually pleased with this signing. Everytime i've seen him play he's looked impressive - he's quick, skillfull and he seems to have a suarez style attitude about him. Now I'm not suggesting for one second that he's anywhere near that standard, but he does strike me as a fighter, which is something I love in players. He also scores goals - 25 in the last 2 seasons for a guy who isnt an out and out striker is a very decent return. On top of all that, he's still young - the guy is only 2 months older than Coutinho and 6 months younger than Firminho. When you consider all that, and the fact that Southampton paid 12 million for him 2 seasons ago, during which time he's been a standout player for them, i dont think 30 million is an outrageous fee. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Also, if and when he does sign, any song surely has to involve Sadio Gaga...

northjet, Livvy and Chewbazza like this.
  14. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Carragher is saying it's 30, Southampton have been asking for 30m for ages, that then suddenly became 38m, I'm going say that's with add ons though actually if you look at the currency rate with Euros you get roughly to 36.2m so maybe someone converted it.

15. i_still_miss_fowler

i_still_miss_fowler Well-Known Member Moderator

Very smart from Southampton demanding the fee in Euros.

By the end of the week he will cost £50M.....and his fee wont even have changed.

redfanman likes this.
  16. leopoldfrank

leopoldfrank TIA Reserve Team

If you think about him as a Sterling replacement, then it's a huge upgrade and a £10m profit. gg

Livvy and Left For Red like this.
  17. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

Is the difference between 30 and 34 the money for Salzburg, I wonder?

Here's link to video of Mane doing the rounds on Twitter. Now I know most of his goals came in the latter part of the season and that he was disappointing early on, but if Klopp can get him to play like this most of the time then it would seem to be money well spent. Particularly in view of what Leicester have offered for Troy Deeney and what Palace are supposedly paying for Batshuayi (32 mil for a 22 year old with no PL experience).
    https://twitter.com/loubieloups/status/747458223238746112

18. Brock34

Brock34 TIA Squad Member

That pace, direct running, dribbling, strength, and finishing reminded me of Sturridge from two years ago.

No doubt he will make us much more dangerous. Looking forward to seeing him chasing down and finishing Coutinho through balls.

Happy with Club for quickly adjusting after the reported Gotze rejection.

redfanman likes this.
  19. Diallo

Diallo New Member

image.jpeg Mane to wear 29 for LFC next season

20. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Scored two headers, one against us and one against sorry Villa lol

21. syyeung

syyeung Member

I wish that he would take over the number 45 shirt!

Crystal Palace is spending 39mil euro on a player. I guess we need to start adapting to the modern world!

22. nikz200

nikz200 Active Member

So what is the problem here? by all accounts his form has been good and he fits the mold of what we have all wanted which is a pacy agile and yet strong and doesnt fold under physical contact. You all have a problem with us spending 30 mil on him why? Because somehow your convinced we could buy a better player with that money? Please do tell , who can we get exactly with this kind of form and pace on the open market? Right now isn't the time to criticize the club, Southampton replaced Mane with Redmond without a second thought and their transfers usually work out for them. United know that with Mourinho in charge they are going to splash mega cash and do anything to revive that shit house of a club. Other clubs are getting stronger too all around us and i feel Mane could help us in terms of his quality. If you all want to sit here and mope about Goetze and how the club isnt going for more higher profile targets then i would remind you that we got fucked over by that German midget twat (no offence to germans) in more ways than one. Don't care if he is from Southampton or fucking Nottingham. Is he a good player? You dont perform in the premier league for 2 seasons in a row without being good. Does he fit the squad, yes because he is pacy and strong and skillful, all things we have been crying out for. Most importantly of all, im very sure Klopp green lit this transfer. Should that not be enough to get behind the lad? Heck some of you wanted Pedro and having watched Mane in the prem, i think he is better than Pedro at the moment.

23. Vidocq

Vidocq from doubter to believer

maybe we fucked up a lot of times in transfer market paying a lot of money, but we also got some bargains (Coutinho, Sturridge, Karius, Sakho, Origi, or even Clyne imo) ...

we can't get bargains all the time, we are not Juventus

nikz200 and redfanman like this.
  24. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

Klopp balked at paying for Alex Tex in January for roughly the same amount ( £35m) that we now bought Mane. (Texiera had impressive stats)
    Question is.... Is Mane a better player than Alex Texeira?..

25. syyeung

syyeung Member

I just don't think Alex Texeira has the right mindset in a top league. Besides Chinese food and girls, money is the only motivation for him to move to China at such a young age.

26. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

But who is a better player? More talented?

27. Dr. Greenwhite

Dr. Greenwhite New Member

spot on!!!

28. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone has a problem paying 40m to 44m for Karius, Matip, Grujic and Mane, just how its been distributed

However 40m for 4 quality players is pretty good value in my book, were likely to get 50m in for Benteke, Skrtel, Mario, Alberto, Sinclair, Canos and Allen. and maybe a few more

spooky likes this.
  29. SGM

SGM TIA Legend

Just a reminder to people that inside the club transfers are seen as an entire package meaning fee + wages (over the entire contract). Big fee but probably much lower wages than other "marquee" signings. We will see if his wage comes out but it's not just the big fee behind the number.

30. Mrmi

Mrmi New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.