Serie A 2016/17

Discussion in 'European Football' started by Nikola, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Depends on point of view, just don't rotate it to the left! lol

Zoran likes this.
  2. Nikola

Napoli are tearing Bologna apart with some of the best football you'll see nowadays, they are leading 6:1 away, playing majority of the match with then men (that said, Callejon got sent off at 0:2, with Reina saving the penalty). Hamšik and Mertens are running the show, always end up scoring belters. It's a shame that this side won't win the title as they play probably the most attractive football this season but defensive lapses have and will cost them.

Limiescouse likes this.
  3. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

They have the best attack around and I believe they will beat Madrid.

Callejon Mertens Insigne Hamsik

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Saving that penalty isn't the only good that came from Reina, I just watched the game and did you see the second goal from Napoli? Reina long throw out wide, the winger placed the ball on the run, first time pass to Insigne and goal. Now that's what we're missing with Mignolet! Brilliant pass from keeper to start the counter attack.

Nikola likes this.
  5. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

Milan struggling badly at home to Sampdoria.

They started excellently but last 5 games or so they've fallen...they've done a Liverpool.

6. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

He made another fantastic save just before Bologna scored their goal too.

I'd be all for resigning our Pepe.

7. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

No, not if we don't change goalkeeping coach.

8. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

High quality game between Juve and Inter, Juve ahead through a piledriver from Cuadrado...fully 35 yards out.

Both teams have had 3 or 4 good chances each.

9. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I love this story. Pescara bottom of Serie A. They have the worst record in the top flight of the major European leagues and have not won a game all season, their one "win" coming as a result of a forfeited match the first week of the season. Last week they brought in the crazy Czech, Zdenek Zeman to manage them, a guy who rivals maybe only Sampaoli for the biggest gulf between reputation and honours in world football. What could it hurt, right? Last weekend, in his first game, Pescara won 5-0. Who know if he can maintain anything like that sort of impact, but it's going to be an interest story to keep an eye on over the next couple of months.

norwegian wood likes this.
  10. Bino the Original

Bino the Original Member

Unfortunately for Pescara they reappointed him 3 months too late, the bottom 3 in serie a are destined to go down..the point gap is significant.

11. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

He got an 18-month deal, so maybe he gets the chance to try and get them back up straight away like he did previously with Pescara, having players like Verratti, Insigne and Immobile.

12. Limiescouse

After 2 years and 2 postponements because of missed payments, the deal for Milan to be sold the the Chinese has finally gone through.

redfanman likes this.
  13. Nikola

So, Berlusconi era finally ends. Not that I expect much from new regime but I hope they can restore Milan to their former heights. Montella could do with some financial backing, especially now that he has a lot of young talents at his disposal who need guidance. Did Galliani also leave the club?

14. Limiescouse

It's an amazing deal. A fairly absurd valuation, especially considered they also bought (and seemingly) paid off the club's debt, and gave Berlusconi a lump sum payment for the cost of running the club over the past 2 years that the deal was in limbo.

15. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The fact that it did not close on schedule due to financial reasons suggests this will not end well.

16. Limiescouse

The hold up was something to do with changes to Chinese policy that prevented them getting their money out of the country. They had to go to a US vulture fund to get the funds to close out the deal. Those terms, as is typical, are pretty horrible, and so while it now looks like Silvio is free and clear, if the Chinese group cannot sort out their liquidity issue there is the very real possibility of the US fund absolutely gutting the club to get back their money.

redfanman likes this.
  17. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

While I agree on that, call me selfish, is ther someone we can sell to Milan this summer. We have been cheated in a bit of italian deals (aqua and balo) and now it's time for someone from italy to pay us some big bugs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  18. Nikola

While I agree on that, call me selfish, is ther someone we can sell to Milan this summer. We have been cheated in a bit of italian deals (aqua and balo) and now it's time for someone from italy to pay us some big bugs.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I hope we pay them back by beating them in successive Champions League finals. ;-)

Meanwhile, Milan derby starts soon and choreographies are insane. These guys never fail to deliver in derbies.

Edit: already started, sorry.

redfanman likes this.
  19. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Insane last kick of the game goal @Nikola

20. Nikola

Haha, I stopped watching after the first half, it seems that I've missed a brilliant end. :-) Kudos for goal tech, I remember perfectly legitimate late winner from Suarez getting chalked off by referees!