Summer transfer window 2017

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Zinedine Biscan, May 16, 2017.

1. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Apologies if there already is one for this, I couldn't see anything.

Just noticed that Arsenal seem to have confirmed the signing of Sead Kolasinac. When did that happen?

Oh well, another one crossed off the list for us, although we've not been linked to him recently (for now obvious reasons).

2. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Sanchez will run away from that place as soon as possible.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

It was rumoured to be the case a couple of weeks ago by a reliable German source on twitter John Merro was then going around on twitter saying Everton had beaten Inter to the signing. Then I think Sunday another news source reported the Arsenal move.

4. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Musacchio having a medical at Milan, will join them for €18m + bonuses from Villarreal.

Zinedine Biscan likes this.
  5. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Sky reported it last week I think.

Should be an interesting transfer window. Important players for clubs like Lukaku, De Gea and Sanchez could very well be on the way out (as with every season I suppose). Here's hoping they all go. City, Chelski, us, the scum, and possibly Arsenal are all gonna spend a shit ton from the sounds of it. To be expected from City/Chelski and the scum. Little surprised but pleased that we seem likely to. Very surprised and not entirely sure Arsenal will. The quality of the teams in the league should improve even more next season. Hopefully we do the right business and stay on track next time round.

Spurs will be an interesting one to watch this window. They have good players on low deals because of their wage structure. Will be interesting to see how many they keep hold of and which replacements get brought in.

SBYM, Livvy, FGred and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Some key dates for everyone:

The domestic transfer window is now open. This applies to all transfers between clubs in the Premier League regardless of a player's nationality. If the registration is held by a PL club it can be transferred as from midnight last night without the need for an International Transfer Certificate (ITC).

The registration period for international transfers opens on 9 June 2017 and will close at 11pm on 31 August 2017. This is for players being transferred IN to the Premier League. All dates of transfer windows apply to inward transfers. Players can still be transferred out of the PL outside of these dates providing the transfer window of the league they are joining is open for inward transfers.

Some dates of certain transfer windows that are likely to be relevant or of interest (not only to players that we are transferring out but also in relation to competitors and the windows that they operate in):

China - 19 June to 14 July (their 'winter' window)
    France - 9 June to 31 August
    Germany - 1 July to 31 August
    Italy - 1 July to 31 August
    Netherlands - 9 June to 31 August
    Portugal - 3 July to 22 September
    Scotland - 9 June to 31 August
    Spain - 1 July to 1 September

It's also worth remembering that if a player was unattached as at the end of a registration period that player can be registered by another club at any time (ie, outside of the normal registration periods).

[Domestic] Players who are free agents and under the age of 24 - if they have been offered a contract by their previous club (on at least equivalent terms to their previous contract) compensation must be paid to the former club. If not agreed that compensation is assessed by the Professional Footballers Compensation Committee (PFCC) for Contract Players or by way of a set criteria under the Elite Player Performance Plan for Academy/Professional Development Players. We need not be concerned with the latter given that we have a transfer ban on domestic signings of players for the academy. It also will not relate to Ryan Sessegnon as he would be signed as a Contract Player (as per the regulations) and if we could not reach agreement with Fulham on the compensation payable it would be assessed by the PFCC. The way compensation is assessed for out of contract players under the age of 24 is unlawful but nobody seems to have an appetite to challenge it. For out of contract players under the age of 24 signed from abroad then compensation is payable as per the FIFA regs that sets compensation as up to €90,000 per season a player spent at a particular club's academy.

Most transfers will happen between 1 July and 31 August because the majority of professional footballers' contracts run to 30 June and, therefore, performance related bonuses, unpaid instalments of signing on fees etc may be missed if a player transfers prior to that date.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Limiescouse, Mada, SBYM and 9 others like this.
  7. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Griezemann's been on French telly and rated the chance of him joining Utd as 6 out of 10. If those are Utd's chances I reckon as a team that plays good football and isn't managed by a bellend our chances must at least 8 out of 10

SBYM, Krimson and FGred like this.
  8. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

How much would he cost us in terms of wages though? I am not too concerned about transfer fees since we had surpluses from last summer and huge tele money. It's wages that I am more concerned about since our club has a habit of asking players to come and prove their worth. Players like Griezmann won't go for £150K a week while his compatriot is banking in £2-300K cheques every week in Manchester.

9. Krimson

Krimson • Supermané •

Pogba earns around 290k a week. Ibrahimovic earns somewhere around 220k so I expect Griezmann would get somewhere between the two. Couple his wages with the £89m buy out clause and that's quite an amount! Although with a forward of his quality you're almost guaranteed for it to pay off with 25-30 goals per season.

10. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I think Griezmann actually said that his move to Man United was about 60% done. Great player, though, he'd fit this Klopp side well.

SBYM likes this.
  11. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Fair point. Wasn't really suggesting we go for him (great player, just don't think it'd happen), more just using it to be sarky about Maureen and Utd

SBYM likes this.
  12. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

No, the interviewer asks him out of 10, what are the chances, with 10 being done. Griezmann says '6', the interview shortly later says 6 chances out of 10, Griezmann confirms.

https://www.balls.ie/football/watch-antoine-griezmann-man-utd-365610

13. lfc.eddie

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to football, and I don't think he will be a hit for Mourinho's side either, unless he is being deployed as a supporting striker or wide forward. I don't see him fit into Mourinho's side if he is expected to lead the attack. Mourinho would play him as wide forward, just like Hazard and Robben when he was in Chelsea. So for me, I don't think he is a guaranteed 25-30 goals per season player if he is in England.

redfanman and eng.amohd like this.
  14. redfanman

The fact he gave it a 6 makes me think he is trolling!

SBYM and Arminius like this.
  15. redfanman

Utd's lack of goals this season isn't due to a lack of attacking talent.

kingoftown and RaoulDuke like this.
  16. lfc.eddie

And we have this...
    I guess no Arsenal for him then..... and I doubt he would be swayed by sweet nothing words from Mourinho. PSG maybe?

17. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Indeed.
    The reason might be found in the upper echelon.

I've read a few days ago united's plan B is to go for Harry Kane if they can't get Griezmann.
    That sounds absurd. I'm pretty sure that would be even more difficult to almost impssosible to pull off this summer.

18. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

If Utd win the EL that'll be their 3rd "title" this year. I'd rather he went PSG because I don't want Utd wasting another good player with their shit tactics but the combination of his bessie (Pogba), money (and much of it), CL football, and Utd still showing that they can win trophies would be enough for him.

If Griezmann does go and Atletico fail to replace him properly I'd be interested to see if Simeone stays long

19. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Really?
    I'm pretty sure Mourinho considers himself to be "Silver Tongue" Jose.

But we know it's more like "Acid Tongue" Jose.

20. Kopstar

His replacement is supposed to be Lacazette isn't it?

21. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

The name I've seen mentioned most is Costa returning to them, but he seems to like the idea of China. Atletico have done well replacing strikers(Torres to Aguero to Falcao [who was astonshing there] to Costa to Griezmann) recently but their luck will run out soon and I think when it does Simeone will go. Atletico are in a weird liminal position as bigger than most but not big enough to hold to who they want to.

22. Zinedine Biscan

Saw a report that the team in China he was rumoured to have agreed a deal with in Jan have now come out and said they're not signing him and have had no contact with him since the new year - apparently they want to rein in their spending a bit.

23. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

Hadn't seen that. Will make for an interesting summer. Griezmann leaving might spark quite the chain reaction. If Costa does go Chelsea will need to buy two strikers. They're already in the market for one to cope with the added games and Costa going will get Chelsea spending. Thinking about it, if Costa does go, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea get both Lacazette and Lukaku. Them having the ability to rotate between Lukaku/Lacazette/Batshuayi would be scary, especially seeing as Batshuayi seems to have found his shooting boots in recent weeks

24. Kopstar

I think Morata is more likely than Lacazette for Chelsea and I would be surprised if they went for Lukaku - doesn't strike me as a Conte-type.

Anfield rd Dreamer and redfanman like this.
  25. shankly96

shankly96 Gif King

I thought that deal died in the Jan window?

26. Kopstar

No idea mate - it's hard to keep up!

SBYM, shankly96 and redfanman like this.
  27. Nikola

28. Zinedine Biscan

redfanman and SBYM like this.
  29. Nikola

I think that Madrid are known to pay big fees for South America-based players (Higuain, Gago, Robinho, Marcelo) but nowhere near this big. I've heard of this kid but never seen him play, he has to be the real deal and with mental strength of a Buddhist monk in order to not succumb to pressure of expectations.

30. Kopstar

His release clause was reported to be €30m that apparently we also triggered (along with Barcelona and Bayern). The funny thing is that Real offered similar inducements that led to our domestic transfer ban on academy signings and might even be in breach of FIFA rules. No idea how good the guy is.

redfanman likes this.