The Everton Thread

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Shabby Along so, May 8, 2013.

?

Who replaces Bob Martin?

1. Frank De Boer

2. Ronald Koeman

3. Michael Laudrup

4. David Moyes

5. Roberto Di Matteo

6. Manuel Pellegrini

7. Mark Hughes

8. Rafa Benitez

9. Brendan Rodgers

10. One of the Nevilles, likely Phil

11. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Totally fucked up. I am not sure if any international ban gets carried over but regardless, Taylor will be playing and moving on with his career soon enough while he has sidelined Coleman for a year or even potentially ended his career.

2. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Gutted for Coleman, that shouldn't happen to any footballer. He'll be lucky if he can play towards the end of the next season, I sincerely hope he'll get his career back on track. What makes it more gutting is that he is in his prime. What was Talyor thinking there?!

Rambler likes this.
  3. Nikola

I've just seen the teamsheets for derby. I have to say I'm a massive fan of what Koeman is trying to establish at Everton with all these young players of theirs getting the chance to start in such a difficult fixture ahead of some experienced players. A bit like what Klopp did with Alexander-Arnold when he gave him his full league debut at Old Trafford, only Koeman has taken it a few notches up! I mean, four of their U23 players are starting + Barkley who is another academy product of theirs.

4. Wyld@Heart

*Warning: Profanity laden rant*

Koeman's done alright with them and I actually don't mind him at all. Pundits seem to be bigging Everton up as contenders in the sense that they can follow the 'Spurs model' and become contenders blah blah blah. When it comes to this fixture though it doesn't seem to matter who their manager is as the cunts always seems to revert to being thugs. Barkley should never have stayed on the pitch and neither should Williams. Thuggish fucking cunts whose only ambition is to put a dent in our players. I fucking hate this fixture, not because of the fear of losing to that shower but because we always stand the chance of having one of our players sidelined by those monumental pricks. Çan and Lovren could both have suffered serious injury and the fucking nutty bit is that both Barkley and Williams had a chance to get their boot in multiple times because the ref didn't have the balls to make the right calls. That both of them managed to stay on the pitch is a fucking travesty.

Not put this in the post match thread because this sort of behaviour isn't limited to just this one game. The twats seem to have got that mentality about them now regardless of personnel or management and its absolutely fucking disgusting. Small time mentality at its worst.

5. Nikola

No objections here. I actually don't remember any game against Man United that was as aggressive on the whole as anything we see in games against Everton. I admire physical ability when it's paired with skill but not when it can cost a player his season. I can't remember them having a proper go at us since 3:3 at Goodison Park when we really should have lost...

All that said, I hope Koeman does manage to turn them from Man United retirement home into a proper force in English football. Excuse me for repeating myself but I dream of Liverpool being the capital of English and European football and Liverpool and Everton fighting it out for title. I often wonder what would it be like had sheikhs bought Everton instead of Man City... Now, that's a proper scary thought. :-)

6. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Have to be kidding. These twats don't deserve the steam off my piss.

Sat right next to them today listening to them call us wall pushers and murders. I dislike these more than anyone else, I'll gladly taken us smashing them at every opportunity rather than them getting their act together.

geebo and lfc.eddie like this.
  7. Bonus

Bonus TIA New Signing

I know it might not be too relevant to this thread but here goes....

was never really bothered about the Merseyside derby as I never really felt they were on the same level as us,
    to me it felt like it was was the real deal against wannabe's.
    yes I wanted to win the the game, like all games, but to me it was just another game despite the fact they are our neighbours,
    so I never really understood the hatred towards everton (maybe its because I see enough hate on the streets of Glasgow)
    So I never understood why people got over excited about it, too me playing Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal were the bigger games

But that changed in January, when I met an Liverpool born Everton fan in my local,
    (which was really random as where I live, you dont get many people from other towns visiting,
    its a bit off the beaten track tbh)
    any way this guy was a disgrace, an absolute fucking disgrace, who was so full of bitterness, it was embarrassing!

I did post something drunkenly at the time in this thread but didnt go into details. however i did PM another Forum member who asked about my rant,
    here is what I wrote....

"I got talking to a Everton fan in my local on Sat. night (I live just outside Glasgow), he was a guy I had never seen or met before
    but when I told him I supported LFC,

His response was, "your a f@#king murdering B@#stard"!
    whats it like to murder your own at Hillsborough?
    How did it feel to kill all those fans at Heysel?,

I didnt even respond.

So he then starts bangin on about Klopp been useless, Koeman is better
    Manu are now more successful than LFC and that must piss me off,
    Suarez was a disgrace, but we should have got more cash for him (work that 1 out)

whats my opinion on Hillsbourgh?
    How do I feel about Heysel, blah blah blah......

I didnt even bother responding and this seemed to really annoy him,
    So I finished my pint, patted him on the shoulder and told that he really needs to get rid of that bitterness
    as it will cause him problems in his life and left the bar, livid that i didnt give him a slap!

The most annoying thing is his goading of me using Hillsborough,
    I always thought Hillsborough affected the whole of Liverpool, so for a Everton fan from Liverpool to use it against me was low, very low.

So I am surprised to learn that Everton fans use it against LFC fans, or maybe I am a bit naive re the hatred from EFC to LFC."

So here's to you fucking cunt, get that right up you, beaten twice by your neighbours twice in 1 season,
    and long may it continue
    I hope you are hurting right now, and hurting badly!

8. ILLOK

Yep.

Anyone from out of town thinking these are sound need to get a grip. Cunts to a man.

Scott Jones likes this.
  9. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

@Bonus, we don't call them bitter for nothing. This fella you met took it to another level.

10. jaffod

jaffod Well-Known Member

Are you real? I want to see these cunts crushed into obscurity. Vile, deluded, insignificant losers.
    Koeman is a fucking embarrassment with an oversized head. He's resorted to type in no time at all. Happy to see his over-rated dross put in ankle breakers and then have a go at Klopp for having the audacity to complain. You'd think after what happened to Coleman and Origi last season they'd reign it in a bit but they were a fucking disgrace yesterday.
    And you want them to succeed? Bizarre. I can only assume you never come into contact with any of their dickhead fans.

11. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

After the match yesterday I briefly went over to the Grand Old Team forum, in particular to see what they thought about the Barkley challenges. Saw a couple of guys saying the ankle-breaker on Lovren was accidental, nay, unavoidable even, and could well have resulted in Barkley getting injured. I'd perhaps naively assumed they'd have been at least disappointed with such conduct from one of their players, as I like to think we would be (not that we have anyone like that in our team currently), but no. Quite the opposite in fact. Felt so sickened by the comments I saw I didn't hang around much longer.

Deluded and deeply unpleasant.

12. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

I don't have a terrible story about Evertonians as most of the ones I know are just bitter in a funny way.

There is one guy at work who loves saying "Imagine Divock Origi was starting..." (sarcastically to imply Origi is embarrassingly bad) so I'm looking forward to letting him know who the best Belgian striker on Merseyside is!

By the way, anyone looking for a laugh, I've always found the best way to wind up an Evertonian is pretend you've genuinely never heard of any of their players. Instant fume.

13. Zinedine Biscan

I was perilously close to being that for genuine when I saw their team-sheet yesterday...

14. Wyld@Heart

Aye. And the commentator had an orgasm of note when Pennington scored. One of their own etc etc

James H and Scott Jones like this.
  15. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Barkley's evolution as a player really has me rethinking Jack Rodham. At the time, I thought he ruined his career by going to Citeh for the big paycheque, and his slide down to the likes of Sunderland was the inevitable outcome. But watching Barkley completely stagnate - if not regress - makes me think Rodham made the right move after all. Barkley staying at Everton has done nothing but cost him money, and I have little doubt he is worth less to the club than he was two years ago.

James H, inaiq and Limiescouse like this.
  16. Zinedine Biscan

Rodwell?

James H, inaiq and Arminius like this.
  17. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

That's the one....

James H and inaiq like this.
  18. Wyld@Heart

I must admit that I liked Barkley when he came onto the scene. He looked to have a bit about him and I really thought he'd do well. Gotta say that I would not touch him with a barge pole now. Stagnation might be too kind, I'd say he's regressed in his game. I saw that post about what Souness said about him playing like he's still in school and thought 'yeah, sounds about right'

*edit: typo

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    James H, inaiq, LaurazRed and 2 others like this.
  19. ILLOK

20. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Oh dear, what a load of crap.

21. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Isn't that from a fan whose club trot out Sly Stallone for no real reason twice a season.

At least Craig supports Liverpool, I doubt that about Stallone. That there is very typical of the bitterness you see and hear, I was born and lived on Merseyside for 21 years.

To be honest I grew up with class mates who though Everton fans were easy to chat to and get on with, then I met my Brothers girlfreind, the typical Hysel, Hillsborough bullshit just spew out. Strange really as her Dad who was she inherited the Everton love from was pleasant.

redfanman, lfc.eddie and Scott Jones like this.
  22. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Is this satire or for real?

James Bond is a fictional character, Daniel Craig is an actor.
    That guy claims Craig is Bond at the moment and therefore can't be a LFC fan because Fleming didn't write it that way...bla bla.
    And we don't understand him, don't get his point.

Following this logic Roger Moore, Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan etc. could never have been Bond in movies, because Ian Fleming wrote he is half-scottish. And they are not.
    Because of reasons.

James H and inaiq like this.
  23. lfc.eddie

@RaoulDuke we also have Nick Fury in our corner. Like I said in post match thread, get both Bond and Fury together and we will dominate the world .

24. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

ShadesOfRed and eng.amohd like this.
  25. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

26. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Ross Barkley with another shambles of a performance, this time at OT.

He has the first touch of Dirk Kuyt but without the goalscoring... or assists... or positional sense... or work rate... or desire to win...

Everton will have pay someone to take him at this point!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  27. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

I hope he has his dirtiest game yet against manure,go get em Ross ya little fat fucker.:-)

James H and Chewbazza like this.
  28. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

It would be great united spend some 50m to buy Barkley. Hope united are that stupid.

ILLOK and Scott Jones like this.
  29. lfc.eddie

How much do you guys think Ashley Williams make from that handball, surely some bookies may have paid him off for that one.

mattyhurst likes this.
  30. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

Congratulations to Everton. Their trophy cabinet now contains the property portfolio of their majority shareholder.

Whatever makes them happy eh :think:

redfanman likes this.