The Everton Thread

Discussion in 'Pitchside - Football Forum' started by Shabby Along so, May 8, 2013.

?

Who replaces Bob Martin?

1. Frank De Boer

2. Ronald Koeman

3. Michael Laudrup

4. David Moyes

5. Roberto Di Matteo

6. Manuel Pellegrini

7. Mark Hughes

8. Rafa Benitez

9. Brendan Rodgers

10. One of the Nevilles, likely Phil

11. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Not usually an advocate of violence but was quite happy to hear rumours of Ross Barkley being knocked out last night.

After his attempts at assault last weekend I suppose he can file this one under karma.

ShadesOfRed, redalways, Livvy and 4 others like this.
  2. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

The security cam footage shows Barkley on the wrong end of a solid punch. He wont get much sympathy on here of course but it shows how careful players must be when out on the town.

ShadesOfRed, James H and Scott Jones like this.
  3. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Or behave like a thug on the pitch and be seen and treated as such in public,not condoning it but what goes around comes around.

4. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Very true mate. In the video he looks more like a crash test dummy to be honest.

Scott Jones likes this.
  5. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

6. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Mackenzie has always been someone who prefers to be on the extreme side of anything in the news with that ugly little fat fucker john whathisface,pair of hostile dckheads.

fcukManU likes this.
  7. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

That tw*t has been suspended. They just do not get it.
    How the hell did that offensive article get passed the editorial desk, it is shocking. The Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson has also asked Everton FC to ban that scumbag paper. Alot of high profile ex footballer pundits are wading into this storm.

That paper should be shut down, it is not fit for purpose.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Chewbazza, geebo, Lowton_Red and 3 others like this.
  8. Strictly Armchair

Strictly Armchair Perspective and equilibrium

What a coincidence that our favourite journal chooses the eve of the Hillsborough anniversary to make a few sly digs at the city. They just can't stop themselves can they?
    We might have something to thank Barkley for here, in a roundabout way, given that he's on the receiving end of some seriously unpleasant stuff. Old rent-a-gob might have just penned one poisonous little remark too many this time.

9. Arminius

Yeah, it takes a lot for me to sympathize with Barkley, yet that rag has managed it.

10. redaderry

redaderry Well-Known Member

I always find it hard to believe that the rag is consistently the biggest selling paper in the UK. It's truly an embarrassment to all decent British people. I'm normally totally against violence but if any face needed one solid punch, it's McKenzie's.

Chewbazza likes this.
  11. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Unfortunately you'd hardly find any country where a quality newspaper is the highest selling paper.
    To achieve that they have to be rags, because of human nature etc.
    The only question is if the s** is the worst.
    But you still have BILD in germany for example, as paper with the widest circulation.
    I use this example because there books have been written about how horrible BILD was (and in my opinion still is, even if they want to make people believe the opposite), and I've read two of those books.
    In Austria the most successful paper is a rag, too. I'm not sure about books, but movies (documentaries) have been made about it.

Maybe too many of us are guilty of loving sex, crime, dirty laundry sensationalism etc.

If it was up to me a paper like the guardian should be out-selling the s** etc.
    They still seem to feel the need to make digs against the city of liverpool.
    And against anyhing else they despise. Which is a lot.

12. Scorchio

Scorchio Well-Known Member

I used to pick up a few copies of the rag from work and bring them home. They make excellent linings for the cat litter tray. That's what's called, fit for purpose.

redfanman likes this.
  13. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

You have succinctly summed up Rupert Murdoch's approach to "journalism" in its entirety. He is the very epitome of the term "gutter press".

Make no mistake, Mckenzie is just the monkey; Murdoch is the organ grinder.

14. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

15. Lowton_Red

Lowton_Red Well-Known Member

Many, many years ago I came to work with someone who claimed to have done just that. The (alleged) incident (which may or may not have been apocryphal) earned him an instant dismissal from News Group and an equally rapid offer of employment from Cap'n Bob.

redfanman likes this.
  16. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

Well done Everton.:well done:
    The vitriolic attack on a city, a community, regardless whether you are Liverpool supporter or Everton supporter or not into sports at all, is despicable and those so morons, who call themselves journalists, who allowed the article to be published are equally to blame, they have shamed their profession.

Time now to shut that rag down, they are not fit for purpose.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  17. geebo

geebo Bekloppt ! (German for loopy)

Thought Id never say this, but well done Everton !!!!
    I think my world went up in quality the day I stop reading that arse wipe of a paper all those years ago.

Scott Jones likes this.
  18. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

19. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Well they've got a bit faster with their apologies at least. However it pretty much reads 'We're only sorry because it turns out he's black and if he hadn't been then we wouldn't be apologising now. What we mean to say is please don't sue us.'

ShadesOfRed, Scott Jones and ILLOK like this.
  20. Arminius

redfanman, Chewbazza and Scott Jones like this.
  21. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Thoughts with Aaron Lennon. Not even going to start speculating about it; just hope it's something he can work through in time.

Club rivalry out the window on this one.

22. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah I hope the lad is able to get through it and get on the back the pitch.

23. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Hopefully he gets all needed help! This reminds me so much of Robert Enke...you never know whats going on in someones head.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    dazzy b likes this.
  24. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

What happened to him? All I read is he was detained under Mental Health act. Did he try to commit suicide?

25. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Don't know. But you only get detained like that if they think you are a real risk to yourself or others. Very serious.

26. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

I read that he was found wondering around near a motorway, in a confused state, and he was detained for his own safety.

Poor guy. I hope he gets all the help he needs, and I hope all LFC can rise above rivalry to wish him well.

By the way, the Daily Mail and Mirror's coverage of this was appalling and both should be ashamed.

Strictly Armchair and redfanman like this.
  27. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

I didnt read those, primarily as those sites make my browser crash (seriously, the mail at one point had 3 separate video ads going at the same time). What was so bad about them?

redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  28. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Their headlines apparently stated his wages out there..... something along the lines of "£55K a week pro footballer detained under Mental Health act"

Limiescouse and Scott Jones like this.
  29. ubermick

ubermick Willing to drive Moreno to the airport Admin

The Mail basically took the standpoint of "Bloke on £55,000 a week apparently has a problem" - y'know, professional footballer, dirty rich, shags models... how could he POSSIBLY have mental health issues? The Mirror went the other way by almost celebrating his issue by using it as an opportunity to do a timeline over every tabloid snippet that documented any time Lennon was on a night out, or was spotted with a woman.

I rarely would recommend the United love-rag that is Football365, but this more or less outlines it: http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-aaron-lennon-daily-mail-and-daily-mirror

30. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

Yeah, the tone was distinctly 'what has got to be depressed about, being paid 50k to kick a ball about'. The mirror reporting, which actually dropped several hours after the mails coverage had unleashed waves of outrage. Went further hinting that he'd brought it on himself.

The media watch column (which is always excellent) @ubermick posted sets its out.