The Owners

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by liveforthereds, Nov 12, 2012.

1. liveforthereds

liveforthereds asp67 twitter

All talk about the owners and their motives should be kept in here.

First thing is are they here to make a profit or is it as some say they just want to own sports club to win ?

I think it's a bit of both, In the long term they will want some of the profit if there is any to be had and yes they want a club that is winning the big prizes. In the short to medium term I don't see them taking anything out of the club, the club for me is possably a few years away from being in a postion to win the title and they will do what it takes to hopefully achive that and they know that they will need to reinvest any profit back into the club to achive that. As for putting their own money in they have said it won't happen the club must be self financing thats what FFP is about and possably any new rules that the Prem bring in to come into line with the Football League and UFEA.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  2. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

If someone comes in and offers them much more than they value the club themselves (let's say the double), they'll sell up.

That makes me feel uneasy about the long term of the club...

TommySmith likes this.
  3. DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory Fortune Favours the Brave

Kenny back in, FSG out to ruin us, sack Ayre tomorrow, give us 50 Million next window.

Lock this thread.

redfanman likes this.
  4. darren kelly

darren kelly "Luisito Estamos Con Vos"

I was wondering this as I was having a poo this morning actually.Some of my best ideas are found in the bathroom.
    I would like to see a local LFC supporter who is a millionaire or billionaire to take over the club.Somebody that will straight away bring us up to the top 4 again and a serious challenger for the title.Surely there is as billionaire in Liverpool surely somebody with the cash and a genuine love of the club.Why do we always have to get in owners from abroad.?Are there no rich people in the UK any more?

Change that to 200 million transfer money and 200 million for a new stand.That would be my Santa list

5. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

I think this can remain open, as we don't have any other dedicated thread for fsg as far as I'm aware. If there is already one, let me know though.

liveforthereds likes this.
  6. liveforthereds

Kelly some wishes will never happen as I have said in other threads, spending money like there is no tomorrow is coming to an end. Clubs will have to live within there own means, The rules that have now come into force by UEFA will stop clubs like Man City from spending large amounts. The Premier League are looking to bring in new rules over spending and is backed by the likes of City Chelsea, Man U us and most other teams in the league. The only club thats has said they don't want the new rules is Fulham as the owner is worried he won't be able to sell the club in the future.

What we are seeing from FSG is a new reality and all fans of this club will have to get use to it.

7. D.hughes

D.hughes TIA Youth Team

When was the last time they were at anfield? Fair play to randy lerner, hes there all the time. Not enough commitment to me, not enough knowledege and the wrong owners.

8. liveforthereds

Can't remember when the where last here and you maybe right but it seems to work for Utd, You don't need them to be here 24/7 but what they do need is a better CEO than Ayre, Ayre is good at developing markets to bring in money and should go back to doing that, We need a CEO like Gill who knows football and can run the club for the Owners.

9. darren kelly

darren kelly "Luisito Estamos Con Vos"

I read City's owners have told Mancini he has to sell before he can buy.Now I know papers lie but it would be great if it was true and Chelsea and City could not throw money around.

10. liveforthereds

Currently City spend more in wages than the whole clubs get's in in revenue and have been warned by UEFA (according to press reports) they are doing something about and one thing is this I fully expect the fans of City to be paying far more for their Season and match day tickets than the currently do now, I think I read somewhere they are one of the cheapest in the Prem at the moment, I don't see that carring on for too much longer.Chelsea are getting their house in order but it remains to be seen if they will meet the rules in the comming years. Maybe there is a possabilty of picking up players from them on the cheep as they maybe forced to sell to live within the means.

11. SoueysTash

SoueysTash Moderate Mentality

I think the Owners are making the right noises, not interfering with the club and letting BR & Ayre do the work. Personally I can't see why a company would buy a club then run it into the ground, they've now got a stable platform - the news about the re-development etc. All positive stuff.

January will be interesting, it should give us a good indication of how the next couple of years will pan out. Particularly interested to see whether FSG will stump up the cash for an experienced striker or continue with the small fee policy.

kylel39 likes this.
  12. liveforthereds

Souey I think this window will be very intresting, Do we spend or do we stick and the use the Summer Window to get it right. I do think the next two windows will be very important and will give us an indecation on how much time they will give Rogers.

Rogers I feel at the moment has low expectaions placed on him, but I do think next season he will be expected to qualify for the CL.

13. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Personally I am happy with the owners.

Yes they made a couple of errors at the start such as hiring Comolli and letting him and Kenny spend a bucket load of cash on players like Downing and Carrol.

Letting Kenny go for a long term manager was a good move too, although it was a sore one as I adore the King. I think BR will come good and it's about the long term future now.

Obviously their most recent failing is not brining a stirker in, but Suarez has scored pretty much a goal a game this season. I think the loss of Lucas has been massive.

Come the end of Jan I am hoping for Lucas to be fit, us to have a new striker and hopefully Borini getting some goals, Sahin to be fully settled, Johnson and Reina to be fully fit, and Enriques form to have improved. If these things happen then the 2nd half of the season will give us a more accurate picture of the way things are going.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither was Man Utds dominance or Man City's title winning side.

I am not going to sit here and slag the owners off one bit. They have done more for the club that is good than bad and things are on track for a bright future.

Short term pain for long term gain.

zooz, Rambler, TFC and 3 others like this.
  14. FreakLFC

FreakLFC Member

I have lots to write and ask and discuss but will refrain from doing so until January. My thought may change depending on what happens then.

At the moment all I can say is I am not too happy with them and their contribution.

15. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

I don't trust them, not yet anyway.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they want to turn us into the new Arsenal. They've expressed their admiration for that model many times in the past and they seem intent to implement it. They seem to disregard though that the Arsenal model, although profitable, is not succesful on the pitch.

I can't help but feel that their number one priority is making the club profitable, with winning titles coming as a distant second. I am not fully convinced that that's where we're headed but there are signs pointing towards that direction.

Dane likes this.
  16. liveforthereds

The main reason as to why it's not working on the pitch maynot all be down to the owners at Arsenal, What they say and what is truth is hard to really know, the manager embarked on a set plan because he knew he was not going to have shed loads of money once they started work on the new stadium, yes we have heard the manager has money to spend if he wants to but is that the reality, the manager has worked wonders at keeping them there in the top four many years now, but as the stadium nears the end of it's morgage then I see them moving ahead. There is a fine line between winning and loosing, they had walk that line right down the middle and when you least expect it the will make that step up. I think FSG have looked at the off-field side and said thats what we want, by not going for a new stadium and re-developing what we have will possably mean a short cut to sucess we all crave.

17. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

I personally have deep concerns regarding FSG. Whilst I really appreciate them ridding us of D & D, I suspect that they will only here in the relatively short term and are at present engaged in plugging fiscal holes in the club in order to make us a more attractive asset to be marketed to a potential buyer, the sooner the better. Imv, planned stadium redevelopement is merely a smoke screen to appease anxious fans as to why they have moved experienced players out (I admit that some have left of their own volition) and not been replaced, with the result that BR has had to lean heavily on his very inexperienced reserve pool, to the detrement of team performance. What the fail to comprehend is that we fans have been down the 'spade in the ground' route before. They are clearly numbers-fixated and, again imv, want to spend as little money as possible before they sell us on.

I will remain a sceptic until either:
    • Actual work on stadium redevelopement is seen to have begun
    • They support the manager in the transfer market so that he can implement his vision of playing football the way it should be played and not having to comprimise team performance by being forced to play players consistently out of position through a lack of options

18. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

JWH and FSG seem quite plugged-in to the mindset of supporters. My hope is that come January they'll be looking to allay some of our fears by investing what's needed to fill out the problem positions in the team and help us push on in the second half of the season.

19. liveforthereds

I believe we will see action on both points over the next 12 months.

rupzzz likes this.
  20. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

If that's the case it would be wise for them to stop coming out with outlandish statements of the type "we can compete with anyone" especially when they proceed to handicap the manager by providing him with the thinnest squad in recent memory.

For what it's worth until they actually start implementing what they've proclaimed i.e. stadium redevelopment and long term support of the manager i won't be fully convinced by them.

21. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

The only way we are going to know this is after this season and next I am afraid, in both accounts. Toby may argue that the stadium redevelopment plan is already underway, and the full support of the manager, their man, is also can be argued by many. However, I am with you on this. This does not mean if they buy a player or two for Rodgers this January it will change my mind, they still have a lot to do.

Like in the expectations thread, I don't usually expect a whole lot other than making sure Liverpool FC is where it belongs - top end of the table. With that, the owners would be the key to make that happen. The manager can only do so much with the resources provided, and the players can only do so much with the training given. The owners on the other hand can provide the best man to train the players, and the manager will get the resources he needs to excel.

22. lillypad_33

lillypad_33 TIA New Signing

Forgetting about the stadium, the real test of the new owners is the transfer window in January.
    How much money is the minimum that Liverpool fans will require in order to keep their patience?
    After watching much of this season, my take is that the only real difference between Liverpool and ManUre is 2 or 3 high class strikers.
    The thing that FSG just don't get is that the gap is getting bigger with every window that passes. The more times you cheap out in the transfer window, the worse things are.
    Imagine if Liverpool had one more high class striker who has scored 3 goals... You're looking at 6 more points right now, and being 2 points out of a top 4 spot.
    To me, if they don't go out and spend atleast 35 million on a very high class striker this windows coming up, they'll lose alot of support.

23. jayrrardno8

jayrrardno8 TIA Reserve Team

Well who was willing to come in and buy our beloved club we were only hours away from being a Glasgow Rangers leeds such like.
    yeah they have made mistakes but i think they are going in the right direction they are still learning im not that bothered they are not at many games and dont think its a major issue.

As for Transfer funds all this 30 - 40 - 50 million in january you,s are all going to be very dissapointed its not going to happen.
    i think they have learned there lessons from big money transfers.
    I dont think we can afford to just throw money at our problem it hasnt worked (Carroll , Downing , Cole , Henderson).
    Im sure we do not have the funds anymore.

24. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

I would feel uneasy about their long term ambitions if they were willing to sell if someone offered them 50-100mp more than they valued the club.

I'm pretty sure that any owner would sell their club if they were offered double what they believed the club was worth.

25. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

Well I feel that the best way to increase revenues is to win, so hopefully what they want with coincide with what we want.

I think they are going to follow the Arsenal model, and for me personally I want to see what they do once we do get back into the upper tier. If they continue to follow the Arsenal model I'll be completely disappointed with them, whereas if they splash the extra CL cash and allow the manager to make that push to be competitive for the league I'll be extremely happy.

With the money being spent we'll get back to the top 4 eventually, I'm more concerned about the approach they take once we're there.

Red Armada likes this.
  26. LFC-Orlando

LFC-Orlando TIA First Team

Naive statement.

Of course they are interfering. They realized they let Kenny/Damien spend too much, in their attempt to get back in top 4 and get a good return of their investment.

Then they said to BR, come in and recover as much of the cash we wasted last year as hmmmm things are not going so well for us, financially. "Even my investement company is going bust", thought John.

Oh, and because they don't want to trust a CEO like figure, they are running the club much closer than we think. Or they don't want to pay the CEO salary.

Bad signs all around

So yes, they are taking control of their investment. Now Brendan has to become our Rafa to protect the interest of us!

Rafa was fighting a good cause against the nasty.

Now Brendan needs to fight the same cause against the nice.

Show us you believe Brendan and you are not just a hired gun.

And only then, will you be added to that flag with our 4 legendary leaders.

27. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

Orlando, your paranoid conspiracy theories are entertaining but rather unfounded.

rupzzz likes this.
  28. LFC-Orlando

Been around American CEO's way too long TFC....

29. LFC-Orlando

Short term aim is the name of the game.

They talk a lot about long term. But what matters is what can I get today, and if not today, maybe tomorrow. But certainly not 2 years out.

Ruthless in how they manage expenditures too. They'll cut their way to prosperity.

Expert PR masters.

And certainly they know when "to fish and when to cut bait" to use the expression.

They fired a legend for not finishing in the top 4, which is clearly their aim. Do you think they'll stay long term if this does not change by end of this year? I don't think so. They'll dump us like John's failed investment company.

30. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "┬┐Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

All CEOs are the same, unless they are the founder and running companies that is a product of their own blood, sweat and tears. If not, all corporate figures are the same.

rupzzz and TFC like this.