The Owners

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by liveforthereds, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

You're only like two years too late. Also, Rodgers didn't see Alli as a first teamer and the wage offer was probably in line with that belief. Also, as pointed out, Gerrard being asleep didn't help either. Monumental fuck up all round but for me Rodgers takes the better part of it. Had he seen Alli for the talent that he is its likely that the Club would have pushed the boat out in order to convince him. He didn't and it was halfassed as a result.

In any case, why bring this up with such vitriol now?? Pointless, really.

Born_red, Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  2. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

Because it infuriates me how this club has only won 1 single league cup since FSG have taken over & the fact we haven't improved since they have taken the helm is pathetic. The fact we have the sixth worse squad out of the current top 6 , the fact Tottenham Hotspur are now a bigger pull than the mighty Liverpool , the list is endless. The fact there to tight to spend on a new 60,000 seater stadium & would rather upgrade one stand (anfield road won't get done) and charge ridiculous prices for the new stand (which most co operate seats are empty during cat B / cat C games anyway)

Once Chelsea / Spurs and Everton get there new stadiums we will be 7th in the league for stadium size.

The only people to blame for this seasons catastrophe is the owners . End of

3. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Sixth best squad but in third place in the league... Spurs in the process of building theirs yes but Chelsea and especially Everton aren't getting their stadiums built and occupied anytime soon. ARE will probably get sorted, admittedly that is a hope, long before those two have passed 60k.

I wouldn't say Spurs are a bigger draw than us. Yeah they're well run and are having a good few years but what have they won in the same time frame as us? Also, I'd like to know how the owners are responsible for the 'catastrophe' of a season we're having. Did they tell Klopp not to sign more? Did they tell him to pull out of the Draxler deal or not to target anyone?

FSG are not perfect and I have stated they could have done better but your ranting is scattergunned and ill-timed.

redfanman likes this.
  4. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

its pretty clear we could have better owners but were stuck with this lot until their is a mutiny and that will only start to happen if we dont make CL this season and the following season. The sad thing is there is no way we can keep Klopp and get rid of the owners as its only failure on the ptich that could see these owners go and if your a true LFC fan you dont want that. You want us to win every game

James H likes this.
  5. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

No its not. There is little evidence that there are 'better' owners out there wanting to take over the club right now.

6. Makati Red

Hahaha that is of course one point of view not one that i think is shared by the majority of LFC fans or even posters on this Forum

THere not the worse but we could do a lot bettet

7. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

I am confused as to how the squad at the minute is the owners fault. I understand they hired rodgers but they have been wiling to back Klopp, he decided not to spend, if your going to blame anyone blame him, but I would personally rather he didn't spend pointlessly in January if he doesn't see the right deal. As for the stand, I think most fans would rather be in a redeveloped Anfield than a brand new stadium, Clubs can lose their way with a new stadium, look at Arsenal in the Emirates and West Ham at the olympic stadium, and not many clubs have the same level of emotional attachment liverpool have to Anfield

Chewbazza, SBYM, inaiq and 2 others like this.
  8. redfanman

Well then, where are their offers for the club?

for that matter, where are the offers from anyone who wants to own the club?

9. Makati Red

I see you just threw a curve ball in there which has nothing to do with your original point that the owners are the best we could possibly have.

I would strongly suggest that there are conversations behind closed doors but if the owners dont want to sell or their price is too high then obviously you can only buy from a willing seller.

Even if there were no buyers for the club it still wouldnt make the current owners the best owners we could have.

10. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

Clubs can loose there way with a new stadium? We've lost our way at anfield pal. Take a look at last Wednesday

11. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Spooky,you think the new stand has somewhat jinxed our squad so now we have more injuries,never thought of that,interesting.

Alright Now, SBYM, inaiq and 3 others like this.
  12. redfanman

It wasnt a curve ball, and my original point wasnt that they were the best we could have (i.e aspire to) but that there is no evidence that anyone else, who can afford the club, wants to own us at this time. Where as your post, and many of those who you share views with seem to think there are people just itching to buy the club and that it's the current owners pushing them away.

Many fans, especially on here, appear to regard "better owners" to be one who is willing to pay for a new stadium, or stands out of their own pocket while also splashing out huge sums of money on transfers. There are few potential buyers who could afford to do any of that, and those that can would be unlikely to be put off the asking price of the club.

Conversations may be going on behind the doors, but Tony Evans particularly has previously talked of the owners wanting to sell the club outright nothing has ever come out of that, I think Simon hughes and others may have also said the same at some point. Given we cant keep our transfers a secret, i find it difficult to believe that potential buyers approaching the club would be completely secret either.

If FSG say no deal to a prospective owner, i'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult for the news to get out somehow and an accompanying story that the potential buyer would be willing to invest £100s of millions into the playing squad and see where that leads to, after all look what happened last year when the rumours of Everbright emerged without any other details.

13. basil1492

basil1492 TIA Squad Member

On the bolded bit, can't you see why one can upset the other? If they can't fill the new stand then rushing into getting the ARE upgraded may seem a waste of money to them.

We may have only won one cup but been to more finals, it's not like we're going out first round or anything. I would like to have won loads of cups but i dont think the reason we havent is in any way down to FSG.

The 6th worst squad, really? We have a team that are in 3rd after losing half out 1st team and ALL of our most creative players. No team can cope with that. We actually have some decent backups, just not half a team full as has been explained to you on other occasions by other posters. Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal all would look a shadow of themselves with that amount of players missing especially their best players. We've lost Mane (our best attacking player), Hendo (best midfielder), Lallana (the man who links mid to forwards), Matip (benched because not fit enough for 3 games in a week after injury but best defender) and Cou (our most creative player was vomiting half time) all for our last game, the one you seem to have the most problem with. Thats 5 of our best players in each position. Take out Chelseas best 5 and see how they manage.

Spurs are not the bigger pull, where did you get that from? How many players have we lost to them over the years? As for the stand i voted we stayed at Anfield, in fact i think the poll here showed that most of us did. Just because things dont go the way YOU want them to doesn't make FSG bad owners. They have invested, they've got us the best manager we could want so i'd happily see them continue as they are.

@Makati Red why i'm bothering with this i dont know because you'll have changed your stance in a few hours if we win the next game but i'll reply anyway. What better owners do you mean? Richer ones? Money is there for Klopp, he didn't want to spend it. Ones that'll buy us a league? Most here have stated before that we'd rather earn it.

As for there being a mutiny if we don't get CL this year or only being able to get rid of the owners if we get rid of Klopp as well, get a grip for Christs sake. Maybe if everyone is as impatient as you it may happen but the majority (thankfully) can see we're heading in the right direction and are happy to wait. If we miss out this year then i'm 100% sure next year we'll have a better squad. Btw, please dont say things like "point of view not one that i think is shared by the majority of LFC fans or even posters on this Forum", i'm pretty sure in your mind (one of them anyway) that you think this is true but i'd guess in this instance, as in most others, it's total BS.

14. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

Eh? What the fuck you going onabout ya thick cunt? I said anfield isn't a fortress basically and I approved a new stadium.

15. Makati Red

Always best to think before hitting the post reply button.

and Scott followed suit

Seriously there is no need for personal insults, saracism can be much more effective.

We got a great game in 90 minutes time

16. MarcusBerglund

MarcusBerglund Well-Known Member

Post of the year, from one of the most balanced posters around :shocked::celebrating::wave:

17. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Spurs is a bigger pull because of London. Almost every player would pick them ahead of us if both offered the same wages.

London is a big advantage for Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham. Man U and Man C must for example offer over the top wages to get a player to move to them. Manchester isn't more attractive for a player than Liverpool.

18. Scott Jones

They are babysitting these players for a bigger team,hopefully they don't win the league.

Born_red, inaiq and James H like this.
  19. Elessar

They are still more attrative than us because of London.

20. Scott Jones

Others in London are also in front of them too and seemingly the manc teams as well,but i do get your point though.

James H likes this.
  21. Elessar

FSG can either splash the cash big time on wages and signings or trying to do what they do now, hoping that our young talents and Klopp is good enough. Splash the cash means £100m net on new players every season plus a few players on £250k a week in wages.

22. James H

James H "I dunno, I just work here"

One game? how has our home form been generally?Played 16, won 11, drawn 4, lost only 1 in the prem. We have done well at home over the course of the season bar January so lost our way at Anfield is ridiculous pal.

23. redfanman

I see what you did there lol

Scott Jones likes this.
  24. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

The irony..... goodness me.

Alright Now and redfanman like this.
  25. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Moderator

This has earned @LFC_5 a two day ban.

For the rest of you, please remember unacceptable behaviour from a poster are not Carte Blanche for you to launch in with similar - 'he started it' is not a defence.

I've hidden the posts and taken the Lee Mason approach of just ignoring it, but in future I won't.

Lowton_Red, ptt, Chewbazza and 2 others like this.
  26. Scott Jones

I bit and i apologise.

Born_red, Lowton_Red, James H and 2 others like this.
  27. redfanman

6 month ban and off to Barca with you lol

28. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I wonder if we can have like a FAQ-type section for this thread? you're babbling about the exact same thing that LFC_Orlando, Redforever and others have whined about endlessly to the point they might as well just copy/paste their posts since they say the same thing. So in the "Q" part of the section we have this type of ramble, and in the "A" part we have the sensible responses that so many have tried to provide but that conveniently go ignored.

29. ptt

ptt Mane I'm excited for this season

30. GCormskirk

GCormskirk New Member

The negative constant moaning about FSG is so unrealistic.

I have been a supporter of Liverpool Football Club since attending matches in the 1950s as a schoolboy with my dad. In my early teens I had the joy of seeing my team win the then 2nd Division in 1961/62 and promotion to the then 1st Division. We won the League in 1963/64, The FA Cup in 1964/65 for our first time ever, and then the League again in 1965/66. This was the start of the LFC Story under the Great Bill Shankly. The dream we were living continued under Bob Paisley, with it's peak for me was being in Rome May 1977.

I have witnessed the complete rise of LFC to Legend Status of today. LFC have never ever been the biggest spenders in English Football. Even at the peak of our trophy winning years of the 1980s the big spenders were usually Arsenal and MUFC. We did spend according to our means, but could never compete with Arsenal and MUFC at that time. We certainly out competed them both on the pitch with trophies.

Even going back to the very early 60s with Shankly, LFC were the 2nd highest spenders in the City of Liverpool. The Moores Family (Great ambassadors for the City of Liverpool) did bankroll Everton as their priority at that time, but they did supply the huge sums for LFC to buy Ian St John and Ron Yeats, the start of the LFC revolution.

I value the fact that FSG, then known as NESV saved LFC from administration and bankruptcy under the disaster of Hicks and Gillette. They have never ever claimed to be "sugar daddies" with bottomless pockets like Abramovich at Chelsea, or Dubai at Manchester City.

Some supporters need to take a reality check of our glory years for late 70s / 80s. We were never the biggest spenders then. With our magnificent new Main Stand and the possibility of generating serious extra income. and a manager who seems the perfect fit for LFC after his history at Dortmund in Germany "out competing" Munich for the League, LFC are now the most promising position as a club since the glorious 80s.