The Unreliable Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Jun 30, 2015.

1. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Or all African? My concern is more of his definition of First Choice target.

redfanman likes this.
  2. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Still works with my in-depth "a" theory...

Klopptinho, redfanman and lfc.eddie like this.
  3. EdWood

EdWood TIA Youth Team

I don't exactly know what the function of this thread is, because it doesn't seem to be about transfer rumours at all. It seems more like a platform to merely shoot the breeze on.

4. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

See Everton are in for Keane and Southampton in for Gibson and Chelsea for Koulibaly not sure who that leaves us with if Southampton dont change their mind in selling us VVD

5. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Nature abhors a vacuum, and apparently so do footy fans. There isn't much going on other than the Salah rumours, and this is among the least moderated threads.

Alright Now and redfanman like this.
  6. lfc.eddie

There are only 3 centre halves in the world that we are allowed to buy? Is that how it works these days?

treboeth, redfanman, rab and 3 others like this.
  7. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

Gelson Martins has entered the match against Mexico, if anyone is interested.

8. nonodoll

nonodoll Member

Not impressed by Gelson Martins so far. It is an off season international tournament, but Martins often looks lost when he gets the ball.

9. nonodoll

nonodoll Member

Martins has been growing into the game a bit, kept his head up, leading to being involved in Portugal's 2nd goal.

FGred likes this.
  10. Etipafilaf

Etipafilaf "If we want, this can be a real special day."

From what I've seen of Lemar, he's quick with a nice left foot. Not nearly as pacy as Salah but not slow either. Can also take quality set pieces. Young, a ways from the finished article. However, I've only seen a few CL and French games, so tough to really judge how he'd fit at LFC.

Worth exploring for us, probably not the best move for him (because I don't know that he'd get the time and patience to develop).

redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  11. bdee

bdee New Member

12. lfc.eddie

13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

treboeth, Chewbazza and redfanman like this.
  14. NIDINGR

NIDINGR Death by heavy metal.

Pierre-Emerick Aubamayang?

More like FSG announce the signings of transfer committee assistant regional managers Peter, Emma, Rick, Obama and a yank.

indianscouser likes this.
  15. FGred

FGred Well-Known Member

I thought he ended the game very strongly, he is quick whether he is worth 44M I don't think so...

16. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

He wouldn't be the only one.

redfanman likes this.
  17. MerahRed73

MerahRed73 New Member

Given a choice between PEA and Salah..i would go for PEA everytime. I would prefer instead of LFC to spend money for Salah..better in the long term for us to go for Lemar. At least then we will have our youngster such as Wilson or Kent as backup for the first team

18. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

ww.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/18/report-liverpool-looking-to-hijack-tottenham-move-for-monacos-le/

Probably just a shot across Roma's bows warning them not to push it too far. Although if Salah doesn't show up tomorrow as it's claimed he will there might then be something to this. But it's a Monaco player so there'll probably be an auction and we don't seem to be all that good at auctions.

redfanman likes this.
  19. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

From a fan's perspective, the lack of transfer action or semi-credible links is depressing. Not because of pessimism about the window, but because I've literally run out of things to say. The only real discussion I've taken place in for days revolved around child stars of the mid 1980s to early 90s.

I guess I'll go back to lurking and waiting for something worth commenting on to happen.

20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

It's no con-incidence since Virgil Gate all local journo's have had zero information.

21. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

I suppose every cloud has its silver lining....

FGred, Alright Now, Kopstar and 4 others like this.
  22. Zinedine Biscan

lol

Oh, you!

23. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

He loves ya really!! lol

redfanman, Zinedine Biscan and redbj like this.
  24. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

So it now seems that unless Virgil and Naby both kick up a fuss and threaten to go on striker JK will miss his first two priority signings which is always a possibility when you try to buy from clubs who dont want to sell and your not prepared to pay the premium for those players to be released from those clubs.

To be fair Rangnick has been very clear that none of his players will leave this season and he has just reinforced that even more strongly that along the lines we did with Suarez. They may come to an agreement that they will let Naby go the following season and that was always what Southampton wanted with VVD to have one more season out of him.

My personal hunch is if both players went on strike Southampton would sell VVD but Rangnick would still make Naby stay.

This leads me to the issue for LFC is why do we make players teams dont want to sell our major targets when were not prepared to pay the 25% premium to get them released like Utd and Chelsea would.

More worrying is how long do we hang on in vain for to try and get our number one targets before option 2 or 3 is already taken from the market

Last Summer our two best buys were players that clubs were willing to sell at the right price, unfortunately this summer the clubs dont intend to sell the players we want for market value.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

25. lfc.eddie

Utter nonsense rambling up there....

26. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Well, considering that Naby was rumoured to be 25m+ and VVD 40m + before the end of the season and the values now being talked about us being willing to pay being much more than 25% above those figures I don't see that being an issue here.

Wyld@Heart, rab, Chewbazza and 2 others like this.
  27. rab

rab Well-Known Member

If £50m for VVD wasn't considered a premium then I don't know what does.

Also, there's ten weeks of the window left. At this point no one can be ruling that we've missed out on these targets.

redfanman likes this.
  28. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

Modern footy culture really has made us bipolar. Club screws up the VVD situation by being too public with status information, we are all howling about the need to do all our business as quietly as possible. Club goes into lockdown, not even providing hints on negotiations that are seemingly public knowledge like Salah, and we are all desperate for information, checking obscure twitter accounts and dodgy journos knowing full well that if LFC is mentioned, it is probably an agent pumping his client.

I for one am just going to wait the next eleven days until the window opens

29. Zinedine Biscan

It's true. I'm happy that the club has closed shop, but at the same time there's not a lot else to talk about so from that perspective it's a little frustrating (while, again, being something I am appreciative for).

30. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

The window is like crack, you don't want to admit it but you crave logging on to see if we've a sniff of a signing.

LaurazRed and redfanman like this.