Theo Hernandez (LB) Atletico Madrid (on-loan at Alaves)

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Red&War, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

With the disclaimer that I'd not heard of him until the other day and the clips above are the only time I've seen him in action... then I like what I see. A lot. Strong, seems solid in defence, goes like shit off a shovel even with the ball.

3. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Fucking hell, look at him run.

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Looks good in the clip, very left foot dominant and lots of speed. Saving grace is his size, the guy is quite big, other than that, is he a lot better than Moreno?

kwala likes this.
  5. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Yes, clearly.

Although he might not be I dunno.

6. Zinedine Biscan

Looked ok when defending in the clips, so unless the rest of the time he looks like a chump in his own half, then you'd have to say yes, he is better than Moreno.

That is a very low bar to clear, though, it must be said.

bazza66 and redfanman like this.
  7. Herb

Herb Well-Known Member

Judging by the second video alone I feel it's safe to say that guy is not going to be a full back for much longer.

8. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Never heard of him before now,but he certainly looks the part very quick,big and dominant,very much the type of LB we've been missing for a long time.
    Oh.yeah,I'd have thought he may be a better bet than Moreno,but of course,that is only on the clips.

9. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I heard a comment on TAW that Moreno gets distracted by the dog on the Vitality adverts that are animated on the boarding on his flank.

Hopefully this guy stays switched on or at least is more of a cat person?

As ZB says it's a pretty low bar.

Klopp has almost completely enshewed using Moreno this season, anyone have any observations of whether it's a player thing or does he generally prefer a more stable option at full back?

10. legalalien

legalalien The Tweetherder

He looks the business. Comes out of defence like a turbo-charged Alan Hansen of old. Good to see that he's left-footed too. None of this switching to the other foot before crossing the ball.

This ESPN article on him has something about there being a gentleman's agreement between Atletico and Real regarding movement of players between the two clubs. Does anyone know anything about that?
    http://www.espnfc.com/story/3096658...-real-madrid-meal-boycott-over-theo-hernandez
    Left-back Theo, 19, has impressed on loan at Alaves and Marca reported earlier this week that Real would pay his €24 million release clause, breaking an unwritten gentlemen's agreement preventing such transfers between the clubs.

11. Zinedine Biscan

Don't know about the agreement, but I've read that as well as his brother playing for Atleti, his dad played for them as well and Theo is a massive lifelong Atleti fan as well. I think it's doubtful he would join Real for those reasons.

Of course, I think it also makes it doubtful he'd leave Atleti so soon either, so...

legalalien and redfanman like this.
  12. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

Lets bring him in with his brother Lucas and sort the left side of our defence for years. Massive talents.

legalalien and redfanman like this.
  13. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

I'd buy half the Athletico team if I could, Oblak, Gimenez, Theo, Koke, Griezmann

Oblak

TAA Matip Gimenez Theo

Henderson

Koke Coutinho

Mane Firmino Griezmann
    We'd win the bloody World Cup!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Speckydodge and redfanman like this.
  14. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Koke is a great shout if we could get him Greizmann says he is not joining Manu because its too cold and wet so not sure the will be jumping to the Mersey Riviera

15. football.tiger

football.tiger TIA Squad Member

How strange, considering he grew up in a town that is similar in climate if not colder...

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  16. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

That makes perfect sense then I havent lived in the UK since 2002 its too bloody cold so I understand where he is coming from

17. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

You're nesh mate,lovely over here but not warm enough yet for my mankini but nearly.:eh?:

18. legalalien

Maybe "The Kid" will put in a good word for us.
    What is the brother like? I see he's a CB and has been in and out of the team recently, but he is only 20 so maybe he's slowly being introduced to the first team.

19. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

I think his brother has some sort of off field history that isn't great.

Nothing I am aware of other than clicking on his brothers wiki page, so who knows the details.

legalalien likes this.
  20. Prolix

Prolix Well-Known Member

Atlético Madrid. Atlético.

Athletic Club (Bilbao). Athletic.

football.tiger likes this.
  21. HKReds

HKReds Member

Look fast and strong. Not so sure about positional awareness as from the clip in the game vs. Real Madrid, he is playing in a back 5 and there is a few times which I thought he might be caught out but there is an extra defender covering so I not sure how he will fare defensively in a back 4 which is favored by Klopp.

22. basil1492

basil1492 TIA Squad Member

Never heard of him before this thread either but he looks absolutely ideal for fast counters, exactly what we need. He seems good in defense and his height may well help against set pieces. This one does sound unlikely tho with his attachment to his current club and Reals interest.

Scott Jones likes this.
  23. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

Its very cold in Salford, it's a dirty old town.

Off to City then for Greizmann.

redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  24. eng.amohd

eng.amohd The false nine

He seems a sort of Moreno with some brains from what I've heard? If so, I'd jump on the chance to get him really.

25. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I've just finished watching that clip of his season. I can see why Klopp could be interested in signing him: tall, lean, fast as a shark, likes to attack... I haven't heard of him before, though, but I wonder if he's at least trained for a prolonged period with Simeone and his boys - that crossing ability and defending in one-on-ones with heavy use of his hands is a notable trait of Simeone's Atletico side. Again, it's only a YouTube clip, so I might have been led astray, but I liked what I saw. However, Google says that his contract runs until 2021 and that he's actually Lucas Hernandez' younger brother, so chances of anyone signing him might not be high.

redfanman likes this.
  26. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Not a prolonged one. He has been called up to the first team to cover for injuries, but wasnt used as was sent straight back to the B team as soon as they could. I only watched the first two moves of the second video and know I want us to sign him already. He also has an impressive pedigree, a bit Alonso light.

27. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Whisper it quietly but in that video he also touches the ball with his weaker foot a few times. :indifferent:

The Elusive 19th and redfanman like this.
  28. legalalien

From the BBC gossip page:
    Liverpool have offered 19-year-old Atletico Madrid left-back Theo Hernandez five times his salary to come to Anfield. (Cadena SER, via Metro)

29. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this. We get champions league, offer this guy a decent contract. We really have to be quite a promising proposition. We literally have no left backs for him to compete with. If we think of the other "bigger" clubs that might be interested in him, he will have to compete with established, top quality left backs like Marcelo at RM, Alaba at BM etc.

Scott Jones likes this.
  30. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Yes, but he isn't at a particularly small club now is he?