Theo Hernandez (LB) Atletico Madrid (on-loan at Alaves)

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Red&War, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Red&War

Red&War Well-Known Member

And he has one of the top10 left backs in the world to compete with in Filipe to compete with.

2. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Well, according to the twitter thread our interest is Sess to compete with Milner, and no contact has been made with Atletico. It's quite absurd how disappointed that has made me for a player I have never actually watched. I need an intervention...I'm not going to make it through to Sept 1st

3. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Comes from both Joyce and Reddy and that makes perfect sense really whats the point buying a 19 year old who would be your LB for the next 10 years and buy a 17 year old with similar potential at the same time. The good thing is it frees up more cash for CB, CM and AM

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

One has played against the likes of Messi and co, while the other has to worry about the likes of Shelvey.... You moaned about not having a capable player in that position, and now you saying buying a kid who isn't going to start for at least another 2 years make sense?

Red&War and redfanman like this.
  5. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

If we sign him I am sure he will get games next season and like TAA will be fast tracked, also the great thing about this deal is we only have to deal with the player and his agent, obviously have to pay compensation.

6. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

If Théo were to move to England my money would be on him joining City (who have a spanish manager) as Kolarov (31) and Clichy's (31) replacement.

City will also be looking for a LB given that Clichy's contract expires this summer and Kolarov's in 2018, so it would be a good scenario for City to have the younger guy replacing Clichy outright and being an understudy for Kolarov next season while gradually replacing him by the time Kolarov's contract runs out in summer 2018.

Mind, it would be a pretty ideal scenario to have Clyne - Théo as RB/LB with Milner offering cover on both sides. Seems that the eggs are firmly in the Sessegnon basket though.

7. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Who? Never heard of him, although... maybe, as he's Lucas' brother but that's it. Not bothered to watch a bunch of clips, saw maybe 20 seconds of one. Height, pace, likes to cut inside or outside... the rest I'll judge one day, here or somewhere else if he's good enough.