Travelling to see games at Anfield

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by BikerJoe, Sep 10, 2015.

1. BikerJoe

BikerJoe I don't own 90min.com!

Hey all,

Just wondering do many people head over to anfield to catch the odd game?

I've been over 3 times, once in the kop (which I think should be reserved for supporters, not tourists) and twice iin the Main stand.

Usually I get the tickets, flights, accom. seperate. Is that the cheapest way to go about it? I see a lot about packages to go see game but then are you stuck with rubbish seats?

They seem very expensive those packages deals too.

2. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

It's always going to be cheaper to book it all separately than get one of those packages. Ryanair, buy tickets with a membership and get a place off airbnb is the best way to do it I imagine.

BikerJoe likes this.
  3. SF Red

SF Red TIA Regular

I would think that most tourists on the kop (and in Anfield in general) are also supporters.

4. BikerJoe

Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed in that.

What I meant was anfield regulars, "real" supporters.

I've been to a few games, I've an official membership to the supporters club, I try to catch every game on tv, I've an LFC TV membership (dunno why cos I rarely use it).

But I don't think that justifies me being in the kop, don't get me wrong I live, eat and breath Liverpool, probably just as much if not more than my dad who is tyhe reason why I started suppoerting Liverpool.

It's kind of strange, just the way I think, I'd think of myself as a tourist when I go to anfield, I can't explain it but that how I feel, maybe I'm wrong, it's just my opinion.

Anyway back on topic...

Yea @ILLOK I have to agree with you, with the price of airline tickets these days being so cheap, and finding cheap accom. what you just said there is prob what I'm gonna end up doing, it's the price of the tickets that cost the most!

spizfromoz likes this.
  5. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

Everytime i go to Liverpool i feel like i've come home,the city has a welcoming feel to it.I get the same feeling when i get to anfield.It must be the people,maybe you should mingle more.

6. BikerJoe

If I could I would! usually its just a quick trip over and back!

Arrive on a friday/saturday night. Go see the game around midday the next day and go home that evening!

I should really go over by myself for a weekend or something, usually go with the parents.

RedSeven likes this.