Who would you buy?

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Zinedine Biscan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

Mbappe?

Id have him before any of the above

2. Elessar

Elessar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me if we already have agreed to sign Dolberg. I still remember Klopp smiling when asked about him.

NickF and redfanman like this.
  3. Elessar

I doubt that we can afford him. He will probably cost more than £100m. I also doubt that we would offer him £200k+ a week in wages. Clubs like City and Chelsea will have no problem offer him that kind of money.

4. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Briefly linked with Morata, and Belotti was someone we are supposed to have been interested in last summer and possibly January. His name is popping up again by twitterati. Azmoun was another guy we bid for in January but he wasnt interested in coming as a back up apparently.

Gini's friend in Russia could play as a striker i think. I suppose more pace options on the flank may allow us the possibility of Mane moving up top for some games if we dont bring anyone else in.

But your right, considering the clear links to other specific players in other positions, we havent had anyone linked all that heavily for our forward line. So, i'm expecting the incoming striker to be a lesser known backup rather than a £60m super signing.

5. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Ideally, both Firmino and Origi would stay fit and continue progressing but thing is, the former is still learning to be a striker and isn't a good finisher and the latter is pretty inconsistent and also isn't a classic striker who you could rely on to score twenty league goals per season. I think that Klopp will be looking for that striker, though it's rare to find one who will be the first line of defence and also a clinical goalscorer. That's why I suggested Dolberg (not an exquisite finisher but he's still so young and with plenty of time to improve on that but he has so many other qualities, a real "Ajax player") and Belotti (if Klopp gets serious financial backing and feels like taking a risk).

If I could choose between player like Van Dijk and player like Belotti, though, I'd take the former. That defence needs shoring up, attack is doing well, although when all are fit.

Limiescouse and redfanman like this.
  6. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Hopefully not a choice we have to make, I'm sure we're making suitable plans to fill all the positions we need to strengthen. Have to say I'd be pretty happy with either Belotti or Dolberg, though feel the latter is a lot more realistic.

Firmino, Origi, Dolberg would be a pretty strong group of strikers. Maybe keep Ings around another season and see if his knees are able to recover. Sturridge is gone, I feel.

7. Zinedine Biscan

Just on Mbappe, reading in the Mirror that Real have broken cover and are trying to deal with Monaco, but the asking price is apparently £85m. Very much doubt that one would be a goer for us.

8. redfanman

I cant see us bringing someone in who would expect to start ahead of Firmino and so i would imagine a young player like Dolberg is more likely to be bought this summer, with the big money being spent on the defensive side of our games.

Etipafilaf and Livvy like this.
  9. Makati Red

Hopefully Mbappe doesnt go to Real for his own careers sake would set him backwards, needs a coach who can help him develop like Pep or Klopp

10. Makati Red

Firmino hasnt been consistent enough this season not to have someone bought in ahead of him

I would suggest only Mane, Coutinho and Lallana can have any degree of safety as being first choice picks from the front 6

Hendo would normally be but with so many injuries its probably time to rely on someone else

11. Elessar

Firmino is probably our most important attacking player. He works his socks off every minute in every game. He open up a lot of space for the other players. He is excellent making runs off the ball that open up space for other players. Probably why he clearly is our first choice attacking player.

12. redfanman

Firmino's role in the team isnt simply to score goals, and given the team currently have the highest number of goals scored in the Premier League this season (which he has often been involved in either directly assisting or by creating space in the build up) i dont see how it is a priority for him to be replaced. Tightening up at the back is the priority.

13. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Are you seeing him as a number nine with this comment,covering your arse somewhat.:-)

redfanman likes this.
  14. Makati Red

My front 3 for next season would be Mbappe, Coutinho and Mane, if we play the same system

However I know there is absolutely no chance of getting Mbappe but this thread is called who would you buy

Hope that helps

Firmino is the number 9 when he plays in the first choice front 3

15. Makati Red

Agree that VVD and Keita are the two priorities now Klopp seems to have settled on those but there have been games where we have failed to score where we might have done so with a real striker out on the pitch 0-0 at Southampton springs to mind

But if we could conceed 10-14 less goals next season I am pretty sure we would win the title as we have drawn 6 more games than Chelsea and only one more defeat. The flipside is if we had scored one goal extra in those 6 draws by having a real striker on the pitch we would already be qualified for the CL

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  16. Scott Jones

He isn't our main striker but we've had to use him there because of injuries and it just seems strange to single him out for that,I'll wait for next week when it will be somebody else you dismiss as shit.

Chewbazza, Scorchio and Livvy like this.
  17. redfanman

Those are the games you have players of capable of stepping in, they dont require full replacement.

18. Makati Red

I am hardly dissmissing him as shit just saying we can do better at CF, but carry on with your agenda

19. Scott Jones

Agenda,you're fucking funny.

Chewbazza and redfanman like this.
  20. Flobs

Flobs FADA

Come on lads calm down we know damn well neither Scott Jones nor Makati Red have agendas.
    Makati Red doesn't even know what day it is. He just wakes up and has a player day depending on his mood!
    Scott Jones just wants everyone to get behind the redmen what ever day it is!

(No offense intended, a bit of fun on my part) :-)

21. Scott Jones

You feeling alright.:eh?:

22. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Well, if we're off in those make believe lands, mine would be Mbappe, Dybala and Darren Huckerby.

Chewbazza, redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  23. Zinedine Biscan

The man, the speedboat, the legend? I just had to go and have a lie down after contemplating that prospect.

jgw_geneseo and redfanman like this.
  24. Limiescouse

You know how we dreamed for years that Fowler would come back, and then he did? That's how my heart still feels about the Speedboat and Benni McCarthy. I think the ship sailed on Taylor Twellman though.

Zinedine Biscan and redfanman like this.
  25. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

GK coach, VVD, Sessegnon, Keita, Brandt, Icardi. Job done.

What we'll end up getting though is Hart, Nastasic, Clyne, Ox-C, Werner and we'll pay over the odds for all of them. Even the free agent Clyne.

The Elusive 19th, redfanman and Flobs like this.
  26. Limiescouse

***Breaking News***

In what appears to be their landmark signing of the summer, Liverpool sign wonderkid from under the nose of Bayern. Yes, it's true, Emre Can has extended his contract until 2022.

27. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Bullard and Huckerby. :well done:

28. redfanman

Just thought of another player. Gabigol. We were rumoured to be interested in him i think before he went to Inter. There was talk that we tried to bring him here on loan in December/January. He might be available now as he hasnt really done much at Inter. Given our good links with the Brazilian set up, and our own dynamic duo, it is feasible that we could try for him this summer and get him.

MarlboroMan likes this.
  29. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement, unfortunately. There is one other disgruntled Brazilian that I'd love to see in a Liverpool shirt, though, and that's Douglas Costa.

MarlboroMan and redfanman like this.
  30. Drubas

Drubas Well-Known Member

He is one of my favorite players in the entire PL, in terms of raw talent. I think Adama has the possession and passing to fit as a possible backup for Lallana. He is more than just speed and dribbling.

While it is easy to draw parallels with Ibe and a 'headless chicken', I think in Adamas case it is more about maturity than ability. When he wants, he has shown that he can control tempo and link up with teammates.