Who would you buy?

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Zinedine Biscan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

It's a known fact that the more you post that you want the club to sign him the more likely it is to happen. I reckon another thousand ought to do it.

I'm already looking forward to you slating him as a waste of money this time next year.

2. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

Thomas Lemar (age 21) of Monaco would be a fantastic alternative to Naby Keita in the Lallana/Wijnaldum position, and can also play LW which would suit us nicely.

12 goals and 10 assists this season in all competitions; including 2 goals + 4 assists in the CL.

He's a bit more under the radar than the other Monaco players (Bernardo Silva, Mbappe, Mendy, Bakayoko, etc), but would be a great addition.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/thomas-lemar/profil/spieler/205562

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/132962/Show/Thomas-Lemar

Steve_LFC and okocha10 like this.
  3. Bambii

Bambii TIA Reserve Team

I would like to sign Tah , Robertson , Allan , Neves , Chamberlain and Lacazette. Allan is the closest I seen to a player like Kante. So he'd be the first player I would like to sign

Mig
    Clyne Matip Tah Robertson
    Hendo Allan
    Lallana
    Mane Lacazette Cou

Karius
    Trent Lovren Gomez Milner
    Can Neves Wijnaldum
    Firminho Origi Ox.

Also would have the likes of Woodburn , Lucas , Grujic and Ings available. So we'd always have back up.

4. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

This is definitely the calibre of signing needed. Players of this quality should be dying to come to Liverpool if there's any justice in the world.

Flobs, Kopstar and redfanman like this.
  5. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

There were rumours at the end of last season that we were interested in him only one player worth buying at Monaco though

6. rickardinho1

rickardinho1 Active Member

One? Presumably you mean Mbappé? Meaning that you don't think it's worth signing Bernardo Silva, Bakayoko, Lemar, Mendy, etc? Is that correct?

7. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

CL semi finalists only have one player worth buying for a side who have barely won a game (1 win is it?) in the champions league in the last 9 years.

Makati logic.

Flobs, redfanman and Scott Jones like this.
  8. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

He became one of my favourite non-LFC players because of this season's exploits with Monaco but I can't help the feeling that he will be on his way to Chelsea or Juventus for no less than 50 million pounds... He'd be ideal for Klopp but he'd also be ideal for almost any top side I can think of. I think that French press reported Liverpool's alleged interest last summer that concluded with him signing a new contract.

inaiq likes this.
  9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

That was Mbappe, we offered him a contract.

redfanman likes this.
  10. Nikola

11. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

So if you believe klopp himself & the reliable Joyce , next season we will STILL have Mignolet in goal, Clyne RB, Milner LB & firmino as a ST.

So basically we are only after 2 new staters. A CB and a CM.

We only 2 players short are we from the title ? lol

redfanman likes this.
  12. NJLFCJake

NJLFCJake Active Member

I think we should get Acheampong from Anderlecht ... feel like he could be a similar replacement to Mane and would be cheap

13. Makati Red

Makati Red Well-Known Member

I am so happy to have you on this site please do not get yourself banned!

14. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

redfanman and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  15. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

Why Monaco defenders, they are terrible defensively, their team is like our 13/14 team - all guns blazing and outscore the opponent. Their attack on the other hand is brilliant, not sure if it's true, but read somewhere that they have more than 50 games in a row where they score at least a goal. Just watch their games with ManC and Dortmund, very nice games to watch with teams that are quite bad at defending and very good/brilliant in attack.

16. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Never understood some people's obsession with a starting 11. At the very least you need 2 goalkeepers good enough to start each week and 15 outfield players who, when for and in form, you have trouble imagining them not starting.

redfanman likes this.
  17. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

Worked for Shankly. And Paisley. And Fagan. And Dalglish...

Steve_LFC and LFC_5 like this.
  18. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Miggers since Jan has been excellent, as good as a keeper I'd expect for our club.. Klopp himself has said Ward is doing well so it could be all 3 fighting for a place next season etc.

As you say starter is so subjective, buying Brandt for example. On paper he doesn't get in ahead of Coutinho/Firmino/Mane, yet in a 60 game season he starts 20-30 games and is a sub in others. I'd call that a starter, so we are realistically after 4-5 starters - CB, CM, FW, WF, LB.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  19. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

While I agree with you that Lemar is fantastic, in no way I can agree with him being alternative to Naby Keita, in my book it's similar to saying that Hazard is alternative to Matic, they might be able to play the same position (the Lallana/Gini position), but totally different players with different strengths. Also he's far from being under the radar, he will probably be the most desired asset of Monaco (him and Bernardo Silva) after Mbappe.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  20. Anfield rd Dreamer

So recently then.....

21. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

OK, will check them out, everyone on the radio are praising them to high heaven, I definitely like the Juventus defensive unit more. How they managed to prevent the Messi, Neymar and Suare from scoring I will never know.

redfanman likes this.
  22. cynicaloldgit

cynicaloldgit Well-Known Member

The game hasn't changed at all; true class on the pitch is still defined by minimal effort. The only reason why players need to run about so much is because they are athletes rather than footballers.

23. Anfield rd Dreamer

As someone who has tried to play football against young, fit, trained guys (who were still a long way off professional footballers) whilst having, at best, 1970s fitness I can testify that minimal effort does diddly squat when your blowing air trying to chase shadows no matter what skill levels you and the opponents are at.

redfanman likes this.
  24. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Lemar is interesting, caught my eye last season in their CL qualifier against Sporting, but I do wonder what's his best position going forward. Central midfield in a 3, more offensive minded of course? Left side? Not a lot of top clubs play with a left footer like him on the left. Converted to a right sided player? A number of different qualities, but his delivery is probably his special tool so far.

Scott Jones and redfanman like this.
  25. LFC_5

LFC_5 Member

Chelsea will
    Win the league with basically the same xl all season. Not the 4 or 5 subs they've used once in a while . If you think Mignolet & karius are the answers to our GK situation even though Mignolet has done better last few games (he's always been a decent shot stopper btw) then I think your in for a shock. Compare either of them to Cech , Lloris , de gea , courtouis ... they don't even come close . We don't need to improve our squad (been doing that for years-hence the no title since 1990) we need to improve the xl.

Mignolet, Milner - especially at the back need replacing. Firmino isn't the 20 goal a season striker we need that all other top clubs have.

26. Nikola

We're still the unluckiest bastards in the world when it comes to getting the deals over the line! There were plenty but I can't get over losing out for Mkhitaryan, Alli and Sanchez. OK, the former two might have been mutually exclusive due to their best positions but... Dembele and Zielinski are bossing it, too. Not sure how well they'd fare in Premier League, at least in their first season, but they are having great seasons, too.

27. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Balague has just confirmed we did bid 50mil Euros for Asensio! Jesus we really are going for it.

28. Nikola

I wouldn't trust Balague when it comes to transfer news if you ask me.

Anfield rd Dreamer and redfanman like this.
  29. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

That's not much less than what Real want for James... that's life for us I guess, James rejects us immediately, we offer the same amount for Asensio and then Real reject us.

:J

Iluvatar likes this.
  30. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

If we're willing to throw that kind of coin around, it will surely allow us to buy some really nice players. If Asensio didn't work go knock on BVB's door, or Monaco's, or Ajax's, etc