Who would you buy?

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Zinedine Biscan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

nowadays leeds would probably have been propped up by the television revenue - the club tried to buy success and didn't have the money to do so . if i remember correctly they missed out on qualifying for the champions league one season and it all started to unravel .

2. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

Hey,nowt wrong we Yorkshire.:unhappy:

redfanman and Klopptinho like this.
  3. StrongINTheAir

StrongINTheAir The voice of reason

Must've missed something. Where does all this Leeds collapse talkbfit in with who you'd buy?

Klopptinho and Scott Jones like this.
  4. Klopptinho

came from a post about us needing to buy 5 or 6 players and something about the chucklebrothers who owned us not capitalising on the players we used to have . i don't think anyone is proposing that we should buy leeds utd though.. so i guess it is in the wrong thread...

i propose we buy leeds utd.

StrongINTheAir likes this.
  5. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Member

I seriously don't think we are 5 or 6 players short - just need a bit of luck with injuries etc - and yes a couple of players to make the 1st team stronger, and hence stronger bench...

A pacy winger, LB and CB are my priorities - add a CM in and maybe a striker - but the 1st 3 are my priorities.

TFC, ILLOK and Scott Jones like this.
  6. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I also don't think Klopp would buy 5-6 players because he's going to be using the kiddos even more next year so he needs to leave room for them. CB and LB are 2 positions we don't really have quality kids coming so those are a must as well as Salah since Wilson is still too far away.

Red_Jedi and Scott Jones like this.
  7. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Mark my word - 7 new players incoming.

2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 1 winger, 1 striker, 1 backup keeper.

We have one of them over the line in Solanke.

Then again I forgot that we don't know how to close transfer deals.

So maybe Klopps plans won't go according to his original intention. Not his fault, he doesn't do the negotiating.

So at whose feet do we lay the blame if this turns into calamitous crap?

This transfer window so far is a tale full of sound and fury conducted by an idiot and ultimately yielding nothing.

jabu likes this.
  8. Klopptinho

fixed that for you .

spizfromoz and treboeth like this.
  9. NYRhockey

psst, bolding a sentence does not suddenly make it any less stupid

Klopptinho, treboeth and redfanman like this.
  10. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Active Member

Psst...

upload_2017-6-13_16-0-5.png

11. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

everyone is going on and on for mbappe but man or man, i would love dembele at half the price. still raw but has serious serious skills and strength

TFC likes this.
  12. Klopptinho

13. Klopptinho

but no one knows what price mbappe is ... so half the price could be 2 and a half southamptons lol

jabu likes this.
  14. NYRhockey

keep up

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/re...opp-botched-liverpool-transfer-190009053.html

Looks like VVD and his agent did most of the damage

"....with the south coast club infuriated by the actions of the player’s agent and the clubs involved.

We have been told that Van Dijk:
    • Staged one-on-one talks with Liverpool and Klopp
    • Received video messages detailing how he would be used in the Reds team
    • Already finalised personal terms with Liverpool
    • Has now ‘kicked up a fuss’ in a bid to be sold by Southampton, even though he still has five years left on his current contact with the club.
    “Southampton have told the player that we don’t want to sell him this summer, but he thought he could kick up a big enough fuss that he would be sold for £50m.

, with sources close to Southampton telling Yahoo that the agent at the centre of the deal is eager to force through a move to Anfield as that will secure him the biggest personal pay-off."

15. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Member

C+

There you go I have marked it.

2 defenders and winger are well thought out.
    2 midfielders - debatable
    1 striker - I don't think Solanke is for this season, but if he comes through.... but possible
    back up keeper not too sure about

Klopp likes developing players and will always have space for youth to come through.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  16. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

The €79 million Dortmund have let be known is not half of the €100 speculated Mbappe price.

redfanman likes this.
  17. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

i think the mbappe price is starting at about 135 million euros, its gone way way past the 100 million euro

18. Klopptinho

mbappe price just halved after it was revealed he is david ngog in disguise - hit the crossbar with an open goal lol

jabu likes this.
  19. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

i really like the look of dembele guys!!

Klopptinho likes this.
  20. jabu

jabu TIA New Signing

i would say pay the 80 million euros

21. RedForever2014

RedForever2014 Well-Known Member

Someone else would have bought us whether we were in administration or not.

The point is what they have done with us during seven years of ownership and what it led to on the pitch.

The fact remains that considerable resources have been squandered, due to misguided strategies and the appointment of inept personnel.

We could and should have won more trophies than we have.

22. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Yeah... and there are a tonne of utterly shit owners out there. Would you have been happier if we'd been bought by the crook who bought Leeds? Or Venky's? Or the Oystons? Or the guy who is running Charlton Athletic into the ground while ignoring the pleas of the fans to move on already before they cease to exist as a club?

I can't be the only one who's sick to the eye teeth of your constant fucking moaning about every-fucking-thing to do with FSG. For the sake of all our sanity, put a sock in it already. You don't like them. Well, news flash for you. We know!

23. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Totally agree - we've been to how many finals under their ownership? We could quite easily have won 4 trophies and the league in the period of their ownership. That would not have been unreasonable either - very fine margins that on the day could have gone our way and nobody would have said we had fluked it. 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and the Europa League. That would have compared extremely favourably with pretty much every other PL club during the period of their ownership.

This fiction that someone else would have bought us whether we were in administration or not must surely be dead by now. If it was true, where were they?

24. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

Funny isn't it, we were heavily in for Dembele and Mbappe last summer, imagine if we had got both. Considering we are rumoured to be back in for Mbappe it can't be outside the realms of impossibility we are exploring a bid for Dembele, especially considering Tuchel has left.

redfanman and jabu like this.
  25. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Actually we missed out of both Celtic dembele, Dortmund dembele, Pulisic and Mbappe. Simply we missed out on all young potential guys and then only we landed Mane. So it's all a case of what if.

26. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I'm not sure we were ever seriously in for Moussa Dembele last summer. The others though...Keita too we looked at last year. Basically, we look at a lot of players - their names only really become relevant if they later go on to be something special, we don't hear so much about those other players we also looked at who haven't gone on to set the world alight.

27. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

It does mean our scouting is actually dong the job.. landing the players appears to be the next bit to nail!

jabu likes this.
  28. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Its so difficult to get it right. We bought Markovic, Grujic, Gomez, Origi, Illori, Coates and so many youngsters. I don't remember any of these kind of guys making a mark.
    Last successful one was Coutinho?? Origi if we stretch a bit? I hope Solanke makes the same impact as Cou. What was Inter smoking.

29. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

No idea. Even at the time it looked like stupendous value and hard to believe they were willing to let him go for so little.

jabu likes this.
  30. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Will say this, I am already 2/2 for DM's that I figured would be available for transfer this window

Franck Kessie has signed to AC Milan

Corentin Tolisso has signed for Bayern. €35mil + add-ons.

Also on Milan's shopping list - Ricardo Rodriguez is completed.

Time to shit or get off the pot. Berlusconi sold Milan to China and they have MONEY

redbj likes this.