World Cup in Nov/Dec.

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Quagmire81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

2. liverpool_singh

liverpool_singh Newbie

They absolutely don't give a fuck do they? Everyone including themselves know that they are corrupt. But being a self-governing body they don't give a shit about anything except the $$$. I absolutely despise them!

3. liverpool_singh

liverpool_singh Newbie

Ironically December 18 is also International Migrants Day.

Maybe in the opening ceremony FIFA can pay a tribute to the hundreds of migrant workers that will have died building the stadiums in Qatar?

The Ram, Maria and mattyhurst like this.
  4. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

I hope that all the big football nations boycott this world cup. It ruins the leagues everywhere. What about boxing day?!

5. RedCanuck099

RedCanuck099 Well-Known Member

I guess i'm one of the few that don't mind it. Players are always burnt out by the end of the season. They'll be fresh for this World Cup.
    Giving it to Qatar though, is a whole new story. This country went 0-3 in the Asian Cup against Iran, Bahrain and U.A.E. (a combined score of 7-2).
    They're going to get humiliated at the big show.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle TIA Reserve Team

Qatar won and i say won loosely based on the tournament being played in the Summer not the winter, as soon as the 2022 World Cup was changed there should have been a whole new voting process.

7. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

If this was taking place in a country that doesn't have such a terrible human's rights record, doesn't have people dying building the white elephant stadiums and wasn't suggested a one point that homosexual football fans should maybe not go to this World Cup by the chief of Fifa I actually wouldn't be that bothered about a Winter World Cup, it's going screw up about 4 European seasons possibly effecting 2020-21 and 2021-22 as well as 2022-23 and 2023-24 but hell it's going lead to about two years of none stop football.

I'd like to see a boxing day fixture but I can't see the Premier League clubs agreeing to have players missing because doesn't the 14 day rule kick in? which should be ok for teams out before the Semi's but after that all the rest will probably miss Boxing Day. UEFA will probably have to allow top flight league games to clash with Champions league fixtures as well especially in the latter stages.

Hey that year if Brendan's still around our post January form should see us easily win the title.

Maria and Hope in your heart like this.
  8. bes

bes Well-Known Member

Hopefully Blatter is in bars before that and we'll restore the WC for the summer elsewhere.

9. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Regardless I think this is happening, considering they are already putting stadium in place would suggest they wouldn't risk any legal fall out, hopefully Blatter will be gone and thus decisions like this will never be made again but this is happening regardless it's a shame really as the next two world cups are going be in Russia and Qatar.

2026 seems to be a 3 way fight between the North American countries as Canada, US and Mexico are interested. At least Canada and the USA wouldn't ask for a Winter World Cup

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  10. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

Nah mate.... 7 years to go still. More than enough time for a cultural melting pot of Brazilians, Argentines, maybe a few African and Europeans to suddenly realize they always dreamed of living in the desert and become naturalised 'citizens'.

Cynical? One need only look at the Equitorial Guinea (I know right!) that competed at the recent African Nations Cup. Combined with a similar referreeing ethic as well and I'd say the 'romance' of football will surprise you.

The game is corrupt from the top down. Sad, but imo, true.

RedCanuck099 and brightonpete like this.
  11. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

Exactly! They did the same with the recent Handball World Championship, which was held in qatar. Luckily for the sport they were only runner-up but it a scandal this thing is allowed.

Just look at the names in this link, not your average qataris names is it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_national_handball_team

Wyld@Heart likes this.
  12. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Yeah, only the mid-East Sheikhs will dangle that carrot on everyone.... Nobody else would have done that. Oh wait.... Is the US of A, part of Middle East country? Well they have so much interest in there, and bought players in 1994 World Cup, some might say they are.....

13. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Fortunately world and "top" class players from south america and europe would hardly accept qatar citizenship to play for them.

Not because they are particulary honourable but because they already earn enough and it might damage their image and sponsorship deals.

Costa to spain was a bit fishy in my opinion.
    But at least he moved to the reigning champions of europe and world cup winners.

Btw, didn't the fifa change the rules a few years ago and a player has to decide until the age of 23 for which country he wants to play if he has already played for a youth team of another country?
    And I'm pretty sure a player must have resided in the country he wants to switch to for at least 5 years if it's not his parent country (januzaj e.g.)

Not too many decent players would want to live and play for 5 years befor 2022.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the FiFA has to revoke it's decision to hand the world cup to qatar if the pressure increases and some journos dig up some other unpleasant things about the placing and the conditions for the workers there.
    Qatar lies in a good time zone from my point of view, but I believe it should be moved to australia.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  14. Kinny Riddle

Kinny Riddle TIA New Signing

Assuming every season takes about 10 months (August to May), with the remaining two months reserved for international tournaments.

It seems Euro 2020 would still be played in summer of 2020, and unless UEFA agreed to shift that tournament earlier in order to accommodate this winter World Cup, the 2021/22 season would probably be the first to be affected.

Then we could probably see something like this:

And that is not yet taking into account all the International qualifier fixtures as well as tournaments from the other continents such as CONMEBOL, Asia and Africa. Thanks for making a mess out of this, FIFA.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  15. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

They got this Aspire academy in qatar that picks the best talent from all over the world.
    I'm speculating here, but I assume it's too lure great talent with the aim to have them represent Qatar in 22.

http://www.aspire.qa/Football/AspireFootballDreams/Pages/default.aspx
    "MORE THAN 3,5 MILLION PARTICIPANTS
    The planning phase that involved the Spanish sports marketing company "Bonus Sports Marketing" took place in 2006, before the program was finally kicked off in 2007 in Africa, involving seven countries and 430.000 young football players that were screened. Since then AFD kept growing: In 2008 an extension to three continents (Asia, Africa, Latin America) took place to support more regions and children and a satellite branch of Aspire Academy was installed in Senegal. Since the start in 2007 until 2014 more than 3,5 million kids have been screened in 17 countries with 18 - 20 scholarships awarded each year. So far the program has also involved over 6.000 volunteers, over 150.000 11 vs. 11 games on more than 800 football grounds."

It's been proved that money can buy you success in Football at Club level, but at National level?!... let's see about that when we get to 22.

16. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

A world cup in Qatar? That was my reaction when I first heard about it:

:rant:

Nowadays, it's just :help:.

17. shivesh

shivesh New Member

Admin, same kind of reaction I had when came to know that FIFA confirmed the schedule dates (21 November to 18 December) of 2022 world cup. It will be first occasion when world cup will be in winters, off-course to avoid extreme heat conditions in June-July of Qatar.

Do you still think admin that FIFA will change these dates due to the European leagues season in the duration course??

18. DannyMurphysRightPeg

DannyMurphysRightPeg New Member

Think that FIFA have made their minds up and that's the end of things as far as the dates and venue is concerned.

19. DEVGRU

DEVGRU Banned for the umpteenth time

Playing match's in Qatar at night would be fine if we stuck to the summer program. It's not as bad and not as hot.

But then television becomes an issue so let's be honest, this need to play games in the afternoon/evening is for the european/american/south american markets more so than the sanity of trying to justify playing the tournament towards the end of the year and causing utter chaos for the football league calenders around the world to appease a corrupt FIFA organization and their stooges, the Qatari royal family.

Bloody joke.

20. The Ram

The Ram Echte Liebe

Some people have to go in jail and than the WC new (i don´t know the term) assign/allocate/remit... or how ever it called.