Youth Transfers Thread

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo optimism in spades

Confirmation from our side:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...eenage-goalkeeper-12890280?service=responsive

Let the foreign invasion of our youth ranks commence (continue), and let the FA sound baffled about it in a year or two.

Livvy, inaiq and redfanman like this.
  2. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Not sure if this is the place but didn't know where else to put it. According to Kicker, Hertha want to extend Allan's stay, I'd say it looks like another loan from the translated context. Probably the best move for him in the short term, I'm glad that he impressed them enough to earn a prolonged stay, hopefully more game time, too.

redfanman likes this.
  3. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I would expect they could give a full account of why he would get more playing time next year. Also, would give the lad a little stability to stay there another year.

4. TFC

TFC TIA Squad Member

Id tell them to get lost in some less polite language. Manager seems to be, in not so subtle terms, discouraging him from playing international football which is ridiculous at that age.

5. Never Say Never

Never Say Never To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Hey can someone explain this ban to me in a little more detail? How serious is it? How much will it affect us? Should I put away my torch and pitchfork?

6. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

The ban is serious, the infringement less so - if that makes sense. The ban is massively disproportionate to the offence and if that's the standard clubs are being held to then pretty much every PL should be facing a similar ban.

However, the effect of the ban does have serious repercussions for our (domestic) youth transfers.

redfanman likes this.
  7. jgw_geneseo

How about this- in the last calendar year, any idea how many youth we registered who were previously registered at another domestic academy?

Putting a number on how many prospective youth players we are not bringing in would clarify the situation for me. 5? 10? How many will we add to youth ranks once they start moving through the system? I imagine the u16s are a fairly settled team minus 1 or 2 high profile additions, but that might be wrong. How often do the younger ones switch academies? I have general idea of how the 18s and 23 work, but what about the u10s for example? Do we poach a lot of youth from Tranmere and Everton and other local professional academies (Tranmere have an academy?), or are most signed off the streets of Liverpool? At what age can you be a registered academy player? My knowledge of academy working is sadly lacking. Is it a big deal to be 10 and registered as an LFC academy player, or will LFC try and register as many promising youth players as they can to try and control that player in the future should they begin to show real promise?

8. redbj

redbj crowd fund for you to shut up give me the details

the issue with the 'sign up everyone you can' mantra is that it dilutes the quality of your coaching staff....too many faces means complications

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  9. Mark Thurgood

Mark Thurgood is tired of this "new member" tag

Ryan Ledson at Oxford? CM/CAM great young looking player. A product of Everton's academy who they let go last summer he has 2yrs to run on his contract at 19yrs old for me that's still young. Done really well this season made his England U19 debut and has been nominated in the top 3 for young player of the season across the EFL

10. redfanman

Why did Everton let him go?

11. Mark Thurgood

It could be a few things, they originally sent him on loan and then Oxford purchased him after the loan deal expired. Everton may have let him go as they thought they had better youth products coming through, although I can't see who they are myself. I was just putting a name into the hat that has impressed for a club who seems to be growing and getting back, I remember oxford being in the old 1st division/championship. The same league Dele Alli came from, is all I was saying.

12. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Tom Davies is far superior.

Ledson was a proper alehouse player from what I remember from the youth derby games.

redfanman likes this.
  13. redfanman

Fair enough. I'm just curious as to why a team that blood a lot of youngsters would release someone who you sound so positive about.

14. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  15. Speckydodge

Speckydodge TIA Squad Member

16. Sweeting

Sweeting Doesn't think Mignolet is that bad

Yeah I agree. I didn't see him in games other than the mini-derby - in those games he seemed to go out with the sole purpose of breaking legs... I remember him nearly snapping Ryan Kent in half once and it was about his 5th very bad challenge of the game. Duncan Ferguson got into a row with our bench in that game as they weren't remotely interested in football and were dolling out lots of "meaty" challenges which our coaches didn't appreciate.

It is weird though as I've heard him get absolutely raved about at Everton and England yet I've only ever seen a Lee Cattermole knock-off.

Broomy and redfanman like this.
  17. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

I think Ledson could be decent but I agree he always seemed more interested in injuring other players rather than playing, whether that was a derby thing I don't know

18. Kopstar

No, we both have the same penalty. 2 year ban from signing players who have been registered with another domestic academy in the preceding 18 months. The 2nd year of that ban is suspended for 3 years and will only be imposed if there is a further infringement within that period.

The only difference is that we were fined £100,000 and City have been fined £300,000. In my personal opinion City's infringements (multiple) were far worse than ours. It also doesn't address the issue that City offer inducements to ALL academy transferees and that is surely the issue rather than simply treating some transferees more favourably than others (that we were accused of). Any inducement offered to an academy player (or their parents/family/agent) ought to be outlawed regardless of whether that inducement also evidences a preference as within how a club treats its own players.

19. Mark Thurgood

I wouldn't say I'm raving about him, I'm just going on his performances and best young player in league 1 so he must be pretty decent. I'm assuming it was a derby thing. As he's a local lad.

20. Limiescouse

@Kopstar - I think I agree with that, but you also have to imagine that the inducement Citeh offer to their kids (the schooling) is actually for the good of the kids.

21. Kopstar

Yes, I agree but I think deep down the comparator ought to be whether something amounts to an inducement to choose one club over another for non-football related reasons.

Who cares if you offer one academy player preferential treatment compared with other academy players already at the club.

redfanman and Limiescouse like this.
  22. Limiescouse

Aye, that seems like an odd line to draw. That's also what the recent rule change addresses, right? Did the powers that be offer any coherent explanation for why they brought it in?

23. NickF

NickF Well-Known Member

24. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

25. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Pity as there has been a few successful loans to Celtic from premiership...Roberts from City springs to mind. Hopefully ifnitbhas been knocked back that he gets enough time to make worthwhile not going

26. Limiescouse

More likely sold

redfanman likes this.
  27. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

Interestingly, Echo are saying that he's neither for loan, nor for sale... Our three young Welshmen are all included in their qualifiers against Serbia, I actually might get the chance to see them live and thus jinx the rest of their careers before they even began!

28. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Pearce also says Ward won't move out on loan next season... maybe it's just out current view of the situation, it might change during/after pre-season when we have a much clearer picture of our roster and offers on table.

29. jgw_geneseo

Yeah might just be extra caution until a few or our transfer targets get over the line. Who knows.

30. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan The patient one

Said a day or two ago in relation to the Casillas rumour that I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to send Karius out next season on loan to get some proper first-team experience to aid his development... it's doubtful he'll be displacing Migs any time soon. Could imagine that coinciding with keeping Ward around to work with our coaching team as he's been on loan for a while now.

As for Wilson, I'd be very surprised if he was sold, everything I've read suggests he is very highly thought of by Klopp.

RobLFC, redfanman and spooky like this.