• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

#10: The Ring of Fire with William Clarke

igor_piss_can

Superb read & it's certainly helped me get over my post-Glastonbury comedown on my first day back at work. Always fascinates me reading about the club/city from before I was born. I get the bus to/from work past North Hill Street every day & I presume it's changed a lot since the 1950s! Happy birthday for the other day also!

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Other sports/hobbies/past times : I've mentioned it in a post or few how I will be 70 years old (1st July) and my favourite sport/hobby/pastime is staying alive long enough to see us winning our first Premier League title.
lol :well done:

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Superb read & it's certainly helped me get over my post-Glastonbury comedown on my first day back at work. Always fascinates me reading about the club/city from before I was born. I get the bus to/from work past North Hill Street every day & I presume it's changed a lot since the 1950s! Happy birthday for the other day also!
I would hardly recognise the area where I lived all those years ago. The flats of 174 and those round about gave all gone as, too, Shallot Street, which sadly is no more. A belated thank you @igor_piss_can for your birthday wishes.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Oh yea I know St Silas well, I just drove passed there 20 mins ago ha. My family was mainly in St Cleopas and Beaufort St where I went. Not sure where your secondary was, I'm guessing its where Blevedere
school is now. I went to Shorefields same as my dad but it was called something different in his time there. I was going to say small world but were on a LFC site so chances are a lot of us are from Liverpool ha
Sorry about the belated answer @KillerBeeLFC , but I hadn't checked my Ring of Fire since, well I don't know when.

Princes Park Sec Mod for Boys where I was installed for my secondary education ceased to exist when its name was changed to Arundel and the old Victorian building was situated a very short distance down from Bentley Road as you head towards its junction with Croxteth Road. The more modern girls school was next door to it, but I believe both school buildings have been demolished and housing has now been built there.

Again, mate, apologies for the delay.