• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

#11: The Ring of Fire with Alright Now

Broomy

TIA's Redkopi
Ad-free Member

The Ring of Fire with Alright Now

With the lads back in pre-season training, for the first time in this series, The Ring of Fire travels over to the United States as thrown into the 'Ring of Fire' this week is TIA Forum Member @Alright Now

Your TIA Username: @Alright Now

You and Liverpool FC
Favourite Current LFC Player :
Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira
Favourite all-time LFC Player : King Kenny Dalglish
Favourite all time Reds match : Dec 16, 2018: Liverpool 3 Mancs 1 (my first match at Anfield and in the Kop—simply having a wonderful Christmas time)
Funniest moment following the Reds : A day after I had sung incessantly while watching Liverpool practice at Stanford in 2016 (see below), my wife and daughter were walking through a restaurant at the Four Seasons in Palo Alto. Someone shouted toward them, “Excuse me, but weren’t you with that loud guy yesterday?” My wife and daughter swung around to identify the questioner…Adam Lallana.

And the rest:
Favourite non-LFC Player : Zico, Brazil
Favourite other clubs (if any) : Grinnell College where my daughter will be playing center half starting in August; any Stanford University team
Other sports/hobbies/past times : long-distance running; listening to Bob Dylan for hours and sometimes years; playing a poor guitar and carrying a poorer tune, but still believing in myself; reading Hemingway, Dostoyesky, Greek philosophers, and wishing Lorraine Hansberry had lived to write forever; waking at 3 am to watch the Reds and then staying awake to watch replays
Non-footballing heroes : my wife, who is battling illness with courage and without complaint; my parents who battled the same with dignity; my daughter whose innate kindness has led to her teaching underprivileged children in East Palo Alto and the Dominican Republic.

Born in Mumbai, how did you end up living in San Francisco?

I grew up in Delhi and Mumbai. My father had always wanted me to attend college in the US. Fortunately, in 1983, he had the opportunity to work in Kuwait, which allowed him to better support my education. So, I attended high-school in Kuwait, which was an amazing cultural experience.

In 1986, by some total fluke, I was admitted to Stanford and made my way over to the US as a nineteen year-old. My father’s only impression of US colleges was the movie Paper Chase, which was about Harvard Law School. So, he decided we should wear sharp suits, which we purchased upon landing in San Francisco. We rolled into Stanford orientation sweating in our suits on a brilliant ninety-degree day only to see other new students checking in in shorts and swimsuits. I somehow survived that culture shock and went on to pursue my master’s degree in Chicago and work in New York.

However, my fiancé had grown up in the Bay Area and did not want to move. So, eventually, I found my way back in 1999 and we settled in Burlingame, which is 20 miles south of San Francisco.

Tell us a little bit about where you live and what's it like to support Liverpool in Burlingame?

Burlingame is a quiet town of about 30K people by the Bay. It’s known as the City of Trees, with tens of thousands of eucalyptus trees running across its small expanse. We have two main streets with some exquisite restaurants, including Figaro’s (Italian) and Rasoi (Indian), which my wife and I frequent every Friday night.

Interestingly, the town has been a hotbed of football talent, especially for younger girls. The community has fortunately had some excellent coaches focused on developing technical and possession skills. In fact, the town has become a feeder into larger elite clubs in the Bay Area and even the USWNT.

Having said that, beyond these coaches (who often end up at our place to watch the Reds), there is not much interest in professional football teams. I have a Reds flag hanging outside, but it’s the only one in the community. The football stores in the area are loaded with ugly Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, and Chevrolet kits with the rare Liverpool one stocked away somewhere in a remote corner. Most of the youth follow one of those teams, and almost all question why I wouldn’t. I will say that that most of my daughter’s team, which never quite understood my love for the Reds, was so thrilled for me when Hendo lifted number 6.

Fortunately, the Kezar Pub in San Francisco offers a great venue for Reds to gather, watch matches, share stories, and sing Sihm Senor. I have trouble making it to Kezar for 4 am matches, but my stepson and I often lose our voices there over chorizo and eggs during 7 am fixtures.

Growing up in India, how did you come to support Liverpool?

As I had mentioned, I grew up in India where I mostly played tennis and cricket. I was a solid opening bat and cunning leg spinner. If we hadn’t moved to Kuwait, I like to think I would have been an all-rounder in the class of the Dev's and Botham's. Nonetheless, our family did move to football-obsessed Kuwait right as the great Fagan replaced the great Paisley in that brilliant 1983-84 season. I remember we received 2 channels on our television in a small living room. One of those channels carried a show called Big League Football. I fell in love with the Reds’ sublime one-touch football and steely back line. I couldn’t get enough of watching the King, Rushie, Hansen, Souness, Whelan, Nicol, and Grobbelaar. Of course, we went on to win the League Cup, European Cup, and league title that season. I was spoiled forever.

By the way, I never amounted to much a footballer. In fact, I permanently quit after my daughter hip checked me into a wall a few years ago while playingfutsol. I was more of a serve-and-volley type and idolized Johnny McEnroe. But that’s a story for another day…

Can you remember the first time you traveled to see the Reds in action?

I had to wait 33 years to see my Reds in action. In 2016, the Reds were scheduled to play AC Milan at Levi’s Stadium in the Bay Area.

About a week before that match, my daughter received a call from a friend whose father works at the Stanford athletics department. My daughter told me to head to Stanford’s football field where the Reds would be practicing. My wife and I sped to the site where I met a lady from the SF LFC Supporters Club handing out tickets. Since I was not a member at that time, she stated that I could not enter the practice. However, I stood right next to her and belted out every Reds song I knew until she agreed to give me any left over tickets.

When the bus arrived and my volume level hit Pete Townshend levels, my wife buried her face in her hands. With my face painted red, I told an astonished Phil that Barca was an overrated and foolish destination, I told Bobby I had known him since his days at Hoffenheim, and I told a shocked Klavan that he was greatest Estonian center half of all time. While doing this, I had expertly managed to have my wife get Fowler's autograph and to talk to Sadio (I can't believe she said, "I love you, Mano" to him...she know better now and wears his shirt on game days). Convinced of my passion for the Reds, the kind lady from the supporters’ club gave my wife and me two tickets.

Stanford’s football stadium is small and with only 175 people present, my Jim Morrison-esque voice rang through the venue. When I broke into Jurgen’s song, I saw him throw down his clipboard and erupt in laughter. At the end of the session, Jurgen strolled over to my wife and me and called me “The Voice.” Danny Ings told me he would only sign my shirt if I stopped singing happy birthday to him. Bobby signed my Bobby shirt, which is my most precious asset now. And when I told Degsy I cried after he headed in the winner against Dortmund, he said he did too. We drove back home and I was beaming with pride and my wife blushing with embarrassment (I still don’t understand that though—I would have expected gratitude rather than shame since I had just presented her with our finest day).

I think it was @Red_Jedi who told me you can get quiet emotional while following Liverpool, is he right?!!!

Istanbul, of course. But that’s practically the whole world. After the 2014 loss to Chelsea. I had to pick up my daughter from a friend’s to get her to her game. She knew the score by then, got into the car, looked at me, and asked, “Do you need to cry?” Yep. Sobbed like a baby.

Dortmund, for sure. Cried at work.

After visiting Anfield for the first time at night and returning to our air bnb. It meant everything. I had waited forever.

Barca 4-0. Cried at work again. My boss walked in just as Milner was practically lying on the ball to run out the clock. He was terrified looking at my condition.

Let’s talk about 6, baby! Origi finished and I raced into another room and fell apart. It meant so much to our family because the Reds had been our solace through a difficult time. When I didn’t return to the TV room, my stepson came in to check on me and saw me sobbing. He understood and walked back to watch the rest of the match. I heard my wife ask, “Is he okay?” I heard my stepson say, “No.” Then I heard them celebrate without me. A bit of everything.

You mentioned on the forums if Liverpool win the European Cup you will get your first ever tattoo...

I have not yet, but I’m about to. I had declared I would get my first tattoo if Liverpool won the league or CL. So, on July 13, on my left arm, the Liverbird will stand proudly on a pedestal of YNWA.

What are your preseason hopes and expectations?

I’m the type of person who hopes more than expects. Perhaps 7 trophy-less years had tempered my expectations. However, I have always hoped, and Jurgen’s hiring had me believing. Now, we’ve gone and done it and won one and I’m hoping for more. My lasting image of the 2018-19 season is not only Hendo hoisting number 6, but that pure desire to win every match. We’ve learned to believe as a team, fan base, and club. I hope that belief and professionalism will carry us this year to more successes.

We will be battling on many fronts. Of course, I would like to win all possible trophies, but I would rank them as follows: the Premier League, the European Cup, the Community Shield, FA Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, and Super Cup. I rank the Community Shield highly because it could set the tone for our season. I believe the Super Cup could be the easiest to win since Chelsea may still be finding its way under Lampard and without Hazard in early August.

In terms of the league, obviously we will be hard pressed to match last season’s haul of 97 points, which would have won us the league in 25 of the past 27 seasons. However, I do think we can win the league with fewer points: City’s squad is aging, losing a few key players, and hopefully a bit fatter with complacency. Meanwhile, many in our squad will be reaching their peaks, others developing (Ox, Origi, Gomez, TAA, and Brewster), some integrating more fully (Nabi, Fabi, and Shaq), and hunger relentlessly pushing our squad and fans.

As for number 7, we’ve become a force in Europe. They’ve brought on their Romas, Barcas, Napolis, PSGs, and Bayerns by the score. We have not run into Juventus yet, and I’m hoping we’ll check off that box in the final. Said differently, we shall not be moved and I’m hoping for two parades in the upcoming season.

While those are my hopes, I do have one expectation: Jurgen and Edwards will keep looking three years ahead and build for sustained success.

With Danny Ings' completing his permanent move to Southampton and with Salah, Firminio and Mane returning to pre-season late, will this add extra weight to the argument that Klopp needs to sign another attacker?

I can understand the need for another attacker. If we include AFCON, Sadio and Mo would have played 17% and 12% more minutes than last year, respectively (interestingly though, even including the Copa, Bobby’s minutes would be down 8%). Origi’s future also appears uncertain, and if the legend should decide to leave, then I would like to see us add another attacker.

However, assuming Divock stays, I see another signing for the front line as a luxury rather than a necessity for three reasons. First, our front three have historically been durable (fingers crossed and all that). Mo has missed only 1.7 games per season, Bobby 2.5, and Mane 3.5. Second, Jurgen clearly senses the opportunity to develop the current options available to the squad. He has surely seen Brewster’s, Wilson’s, Origi’s, and Shaqiri’s skill sets, and likely thinks he can still more fully exploit their talents. Third, Ox’s return could be a major factor—if Jurgen sees Ox returning to health, we could not only have more goals from midfield, but also greater flexibility in playing with a formation of two forwards, if needed.

According to the recent New York Times article, the club is looking a few years ahead in its buying strategy. In 3 years, Bobby, Sadio, and Mo would have hit 30. Assuming they continue developing, Origi would be 27, Wilson 25, and Brewster 22. If anything, I could see the club looking at buying someone currently in the low-20 age group to beef our ranks (I’m a huge Hirving Lozano fan, but ignore me…I though Markovic was a find).

Beyond all this, I hope we find a way to extend Jurgen’s contract. He could be our biggest attacking signing!

Finally, What does the TIA community mean to you?

I joined TIA because it seemed a wonderful source of information on all things Red. Obviously, I enjoy living the agonies and ecstasies of every match with forum members—it’s the closest thing I’m going to find to sitting in the Kop. I love learning more about the club, especially from those who were part of its history long before I even became a fan.

Most importantly, I have made friends on the forum. I can’t say enough about Maria and Red_Jedi who hosted me in London and Liverpool during my visit to Anfield in December.

I’m also thankful to SBYM, indianscouser, Treboeth, Livvy, Incognito, and Scott Jones who check in frequently with supportive messages that make me think they’ve been friends since the beginning of time. Finally, I love the hope on TIA that carries us collectively through matches and seasons—as it should at all times and through all things.

My thanks to TIA. YNWA.

The 'Ring of Fire' - a weekly feature on the This Is Anfield forums.

Many thanks to @Alright Now for taking part this week and for taking the time to answer the questions, thanks mate!

Last edited:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
That’s a very surprisingly articulate account by @Alright Now which is the complete opposite of the Whatsapp messages that I get from him.

A lot of depth to the meaning of following this beloved club - no plastic in sight....

And I think it’s these types of stories and backgrounds that make our club so unique and special.

Most definitely a friend for life, but don’t tell him that.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
another belter from 'the ring of fire' series,
cheers for that @Alright Now

particularity like the bit......

"However, I stood right next to her and belted out every Reds song I knew until she agreed to give me any left over tickets."

Thats the sort of shit I would pull! :)

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
The Ring of Fire with Alright Now

With the lads back in pre-season training, for the first time in this series, The Ring of Fire travels over to the United States as thrown into the 'Ring of Fire' this week is TIA Forum Member @Alright Now

Your TIA Username: @Alright Now

You and Liverpool FC
Favourite Current LFC Player :
Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira
Favourite all-time LFC Player : King Kenny Dalglish
Favourite all time Reds match : Dec 16, 2018: Liverpool 3 Mancs 1 (my first match at Anfield and in the Kop—simply having a wonderful Christmas time)
Funniest moment following the Reds : A day after I had sung incessantly while watching Liverpool practice at Stanford in 2016 (see below), my wife and daughter were walking through a restaurant at the Four Seasons in Palo Alto. Someone shouted toward them, “Excuse me, but weren’t you with that loud guy yesterday?” My wife and daughter swung around to identify the questioner…Adam Lallana.

And the rest:
Favourite non-LFC Player : Zico, Brazil
Favourite other clubs (if any) : Grinnell College where my daughter will be playing center half starting in August; any Stanford University team
Other sports/hobbies/past times : long-distance running; listening to Bob Dylan for hours and sometimes years; playing a poor guitar and carrying a poorer tune, but still believing in myself; reading Hemingway, Dostoyesky, Greek philosophers, and wishing Lorraine Hansberry had lived to write forever; waking at 3 am to watch the Reds and then staying awake to watch replays
Non-footballing heroes : my wife, who is battling illness with courage and without complaint; my parents who battled the same with dignity; my daughter whose innate kindness has led to her teaching underprivileged children in East Palo Alto and the Dominican Republic.

Born in Mumbai, how did you end up living in San Francisco?

I grew up in Delhi and Mumbai. My father had always wanted me to attend college in the US. Fortunately, in 1983, he had the opportunity to work in Kuwait, which allowed him to better support my education. So, I attended high-school in Kuwait, which was an amazing cultural experience.

In 1986, by some total fluke, I was admitted to Stanford and made my way over to the US as a nineteen year-old. My father’s only impression of US colleges was the movie Paper Chase, which was about Harvard Law School. So, he decided we should wear sharp suits, which we purchased upon landing in San Francisco. We rolled into Stanford orientation sweating in our suits on a brilliant ninety-degree day only to see other new students checking in in shorts and swimsuits. I somehow survived that culture shock and went on to pursue my master’s degree in Chicago and work in New York.

However, my fiancé had grown up in the Bay Area and did not want to move. So, eventually, I found my way back in 1999 and we settled in Burlingame, which is 20 miles south of San Francisco.

Tell us a little bit about where you live and what's it like to support Liverpool in Burlingame?

Burlingame is a quiet town of about 30K people by the Bay. It’s known as the City of Trees, with tens of thousands of eucalyptus trees running across its small expanse. We have two main streets with some exquisite restaurants, including Figaro’s (Italian) and Rasoi (Indian), which my wife and I frequent every Friday night.

Interestingly, the town has been a hotbed of football talent, especially for younger girls. The community has fortunately had some excellent coaches focused on developing technical and possession skills. In fact, the town has become a feeder into larger elite clubs in the Bay Area and even the USWNT.

Having said that, beyond these coaches (who often end up at our place to watch the Reds), there is not much interest in professional football teams. I have a Reds flag hanging outside, but it’s the only one in the community. The football stores in the area are loaded with ugly Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, and Chevrolet kits with the rare Liverpool one stocked away somewhere in a remote corner. Most of the youth follow one of those teams, and almost all question why I wouldn’t. I will say that that most of my daughter’s team, which never quite understood my love for the Reds, was so thrilled for me when Hendo lifted number 6.

Fortunately, the Kezar Pub in San Francisco offers a great venue for Reds to gather, watch matches, share stories, and sing Sihm Senor. I have trouble making it to Kezar for 4 am matches, but my stepson and I often lose our voices there over chorizo and eggs during 7 am fixtures.

Growing up in India, how did you come to support Liverpool?

As I had mentioned, I grew up in India where I mostly played tennis and cricket. I was a solid opening bat and cunning leg spinner. If we hadn’t moved to Kuwait, I like to think I would have been an all-rounder in the class of the Dev's and Botham's. Nonetheless, our family did move to football-obsessed Kuwait right as the great Fagan replaced the great Paisley in that brilliant 1983-84 season. I remember we received 2 channels on our television in a small living room. One of those channels carried a show called Big League Football. I fell in love with the Reds’ sublime one-touch football and steely back line. I couldn’t get enough of watching the King, Rushie, Hansen, Souness, Whelan, Nicol, and Grobbelaar. Of course, we went on to win the League Cup, European Cup, and league title that season. I was spoiled forever.

By the way, I never amounted to much a footballer. In fact, I permanently quit after my daughter hip checked me into a wall a few years ago while playingfutsol. I was more of a serve-and-volley type and idolized Johnny McEnroe. But that’s a story for another day…

Can you remember the first time you traveled to see the Reds in action?

I had to wait 33 years to see my Reds in action. In 2016, the Reds were scheduled to play AC Milan at Levi’s Stadium in the Bay Area.

About a week before that match, my daughter received a call from a friend whose father works at the Stanford athletics department. My daughter told me to head to Stanford’s football field where the Reds would be practicing. My wife and I sped to the site where I met a lady from the SF LFC Supporters Club handing out tickets. Since I was not a member at that time, she stated that I could not enter the practice. However, I stood right next to her and belted out every Reds song I knew until she agreed to give me any left over tickets.

When the bus arrived and my volume level hit Pete Townshend levels, my wife buried her face in her hands. With my face painted red, I told an astonished Phil that Barca was an overrated and foolish destination, I told Bobby I had known him since his days at Hoffenheim, and I told a shocked Klavan that he was greatest Estonian center half of all time. While doing this, I had expertly managed to have my wife get Fowler's autograph and to talk to Sadio (I can't believe she said, "I love you, Mano" to him...she know better now and wears his shirt on game days). Convinced of my passion for the Reds, the kind lady from the supporters’ club gave my wife and me two tickets.

Stanford’s football stadium is small and with only 175 people present, my Jim Morrison-esque voice rang through the venue. When I broke into Jurgen’s song, I saw him throw down his clipboard and erupt in laughter. At the end of the session, Jurgen strolled over to my wife and me and called me “The Voice.” Danny Ings told me he would only sign my shirt if I stopped singing happy birthday to him. Bobby signed my Bobby shirt, which is my most precious asset now. And when I told Degsy I cried after he headed in the winner against Dortmund, he said he did too. We drove back home and I was beaming with pride and my wife blushing with embarrassment (I still don’t understand that though—I would have expected gratitude rather than shame since I had just presented her with our finest day).

I think it was @Red_Jedi who told me you can get quiet emotional while following Liverpool, is he right?!!!

Istanbul, of course. But that’s practically the whole world. After the 2014 loss to Chelsea. I had to pick up my daughter from a friend’s to get her to her game. She knew the score by then, got into the car, looked at me, and asked, “Do you need to cry?” Yep. Sobbed like a baby.

Dortmund, for sure. Cried at work.

After visiting Anfield for the first time at night and returning to our air bnb. It meant everything. I had waited forever.

Barca 4-0. Cried at work again. My boss walked in just as Milner was practically lying on the ball to run out the clock. He was terrified looking at my condition.

Let’s talk about 6, baby! Origi finished and I raced into another room and fell apart. It meant so much to our family because the Reds had been our solace through a difficult time. When I didn’t return to the TV room, my stepson came in to check on me and saw me sobbing. He understood and walked back to watch the rest of the match. I heard my wife ask, “Is he okay?” I heard my stepson say, “No.” Then I heard them celebrate without me. A bit of everything.

You mentioned on the forums if Liverpool win the European Cup you will get your first ever tattoo...

I have not yet, but I’m about to. I had declared I would get my first tattoo if Liverpool won the league or CL. So, on July 13, on my left arm, the Liverbird will stand proudly on a pedestal of YNWA.

What are your preseason hopes and expectations?

I’m the type of person who hopes more than expects. Perhaps 7 trophy-less years had tempered my expectations. However, I have always hoped, and Jurgen’s hiring had me believing. Now, we’ve gone and done it and won one and I’m hoping for more. My lasting image of the 2018-19 season is not only Hendo hoisting number 6, but that pure desire to win every match. We’ve learned to believe as a team, fan base, and club. I hope that belief and professionalism will carry us this year to more successes.

We will be battling on many fronts. Of course, I would like to win all possible trophies, but I would rank them as follows: the Premier League, the European Cup, the Community Shield, FA Cup, Club World Cup, League Cup, and Super Cup. I rank the Community Shield highly because it could set the tone for our season. I believe the Super Cup could be the easiest to win since Chelsea may still be finding its way under Lampard and without Hazard in early August.

In terms of the league, obviously we will be hard pressed to match last season’s haul of 97 points, which would have won us the league in 25 of the past 27 seasons. However, I do think we can win the league with fewer points: City’s squad is aging, losing a few key players, and hopefully a bit fatter with complacency. Meanwhile, many in our squad will be reaching their peaks, others developing (Ox, Origi, Gomez, TAA, and Brewster), some integrating more fully (Nabi, Fabi, and Shaq), and hunger relentlessly pushing our squad and fans.

As for number 7, we’ve become a force in Europe. They’ve brought on their Romas, Barcas, Napolis, PSGs, and Bayerns by the score. We have not run into Juventus yet, and I’m hoping we’ll check off that box in the final. Said differently, we shall not be moved and I’m hoping for two parades in the upcoming season.

While those are my hopes, I do have one expectation: Jurgen and Edwards will keep looking three years ahead and build for sustained success.

With Danny Ings' completing his permanent move to Southampton and with Salah, Firminio and Mane returning to pre-season late, will this add extra weight to the argument that Klopp needs to sign another attacker?

I can understand the need for another attacker. If we include AFCON, Sadio and Mo would have played 17% and 12% more minutes than last year, respectively (interestingly though, even including the Copa, Bobby’s minutes would be down 8%). Origi’s future also appears uncertain, and if the legend should decide to leave, then I would like to see us add another attacker.

However, assuming Divock stays, I see another signing for the front line as a luxury rather than a necessity for three reasons. First, our front three have historically been durable (fingers crossed and all that). Mo has missed only 1.7 games per season, Bobby 2.5, and Mane 3.5. Second, Jurgen clearly senses the opportunity to develop the current options available to the squad. He has surely seen Brewster’s, Wilson’s, Origi’s, and Shaqiri’s skill sets, and likely thinks he can still more fully exploit their talents. Third, Ox’s return could be a major factor—if Jurgen sees Ox returning to health, we could not only have more goals from midfield, but also greater flexibility in playing with a formation of two forwards, if needed.

According to the recent New York Times article, the club is looking a few years ahead in its buying strategy. In 3 years, Bobby, Sadio, and Mo would have hit 30. Assuming they continue developing, Origi would be 27, Wilson 25, and Brewster 22. If anything, I could see the club looking at buying someone currently in the low-20 age group to beef our ranks (I’m a huge Hirving Lozano fan, but ignore me…I though Markovic was a find).

Beyond all this, I hope we find a way to extend Jurgen’s contract. He could be our biggest attacking signing!

Finally, What does the TIA community mean to you?

I joined TIA because it seemed a wonderful source of information on all things Red. Obviously, I enjoy living the agonies and ecstasies of every match with forum members—it’s the closest thing I’m going to find to sitting in the Kop. I love learning more about the club, especially from those who were part of its history long before I even became a fan.

Most importantly, I have made friends on the forum. I can’t say enough about Maria and Red_Jedi who hosted me in London and Liverpool during my visit to Anfield in December.

I’m also thankful to SBYM, indianscouser, Treboeth, Livvy, Incognito, and Scott Jones who check in frequently with supportive messages that make me think they’ve been friends since the beginning of time. Finally, I love the hope on TIA that carries us collectively through matches and seasons—as it should at all times and through all things.

My thanks to TIA. YNWA.

The 'Ring of Fire' - a weekly feature on the This Is Anfield forums.

Many thanks to @Alright Now for taking part this week and for taking the time to answer the questions, thanks mate!
Live in the Bay Area, huh? Sooner you than me, mate, far too shaky a place for my wobbly legs. Enjoyed reading your LFC life, but you're a helluva name-dropper. Stop it, you're better than that ..... I think
:think::Dlol

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
You are a legend man, I love your positivity and wit.
Didnt know you went to Stanford and were a long distance runner!
I know you have been trying hard to get me banned and the day you achieve it will the proudest day in your life :celebrating:
Till that time, keep trying lol

@mods : dont get emotional and ban me to make him happy:well done: