2017/18 Kit and 125th Anniversary Crest

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by richieh10, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

Who said you have to choose?

Maria likes this.
  2. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Some of the training gear (especially various tops) look fantastic as well.

Maria likes this.
  3. TuscaloosaRed

TuscaloosaRed New Member

When is the approximate release date for the away kit and is this leaked version of the green and white shirt supposed to be away or third kit?

4. Maria

Maria The Misfit one

I went online but I cannot see the Away kit shirt, has it been released yet?

I saw them too, they are stunning. I want to buy the blood red tee-shirt, the polo neck and the zip up jacket. There goes my summer clothes shopping for the yearlol

I have never been this interested in buying LFC wear apart from the usual standard shirt and the odd polo neck. This year, the designer has done very well.

Alright Now and Zoran like this.
  5. Zoran

6. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I personally don't like it - it looks like a dishcloth to me. Happy with my home kit.

I was wearing it whilst doing the washing up last night and turned to catch my reflection in the window. Fuck, I looked so god damn attractive I wanted to immediately touch myself.

RedSeven, Arminius, Commando and 4 others like this.
  7. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

If you'd had the away kit on instead, wouldn't it have been more efficient?

Definitely agree on the home kit. It's gonna hurt when it happens but, for now, can't imagine us playing poorly looking that sexy.

8. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

anyone else think Bobby's left arm looks like he fell asleep in a really rough creche?

9. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I don't normally clean the plates by rubbing them against whatever top I happen to be wearing - maybe if I was wearing the away kit I would have been sufficiently confused to do just that.

10. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

It would've looked better just being plain white,the green just looks faded.

11. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

middle class eh

Alright Now and Kopstar like this.
  12. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

I love the away kit. It reminds me of the mid nineties Fowler one.

13. Alright Now

Alright Now Well-Known Member

I was at a college showcase in New Jersey in which my daughter was playing. I was showing off my new Firmino jersey. A college coach (I won't disclose the school) tapped me on the shoulder and exclaimed loudly in amazement that I had received the kit so soon. The coach turned out to be from about 40 miles south of Liverpool. His dad and he were serious fans and his dad had, in fact, been at our season finale.

My daughter said she could see and hear us exclaiming from the other sideline and she was telling her friends: "I bet my dad is showing him his pictures with Klopp and Phil."

And I was. Nonetheless, I have now modeled the kit for North America.

14. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

I got the new home kit literally 2 hours before kick off for Boro game (for both my kids) - and I was pleasantly surprised to see it - especially the red colour - looks royal, almost maroon - very impressed - even the kids liked it....

And when Gini scored at the end of that tense 1st half - not only was I screaming with along my kids - that picture of Gini with his eyes shut, fists pumping - but in our shirt for next season, looked so good....

I hope Jurgen can do his magic now that we have some cash for new players coming in, champs league - and hopefully get to that magic 60000 seats in the stadium...

15. Zoran

16. Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg New Member

Waiting on the release of away and third kit before I decide which to buy. However on another note I got this seasons home shirt for £10

17. Never Say Never

Never Say Never FSG are the iluminati

Finally did it - decided on a Dalglish 7 home kit. Been wanting a king Kenny kit forever and this seemed like a deserving shirt.

Scott Jones and Red_Jedi like this.
  18. Zoran

[​IMG]

3rd one is very Dutch style, Gini (and maybe vDijk) will love it.

19. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

Wow I actually kind of like the 3rd kit. Was waiting for another tropic thunder geometric shapes disaster. Looks sharp.

Scott Jones and Arminius like this.
  20. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Ah thank you New Balance for saving me money.... stopping at the home kit. I am not down with Orange is the new black theme....

Zoran likes this.
  21. Zoran

It does seem like a balance that is constantly changing (also like if we get a plain red kit one year, there will almost surely be some more white/yellow details next year), when they make an absolutely gorgeous first kit, they probably feel they can go a bit "wild" with the other two.

lol

lfc.eddie likes this.
  22. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

Must say, I like 2nd and 3rd kits.

23. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

New away kit looks better up close, but it will be a bit washed out on TV.

Littlest guy loves orange, might get him that to prevent him from sliding down the dark hole toward being an NL fan.

Scott Jones likes this.
  24. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

I tend to buy one every few years, the Red one is instantly lovely and that red is amazing, talked to many a fan of other teams who like that red.

Scott Jones likes this.
  25. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

The home kit is fantastic, but I can't say that I'm a fan of this one.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  26. Strictly Armchair

Strictly Armchair Perspective and equilibrium

I saw the new home kit 'in the flesh' for the first time last week and it is definitely a shade darker than any I have seen in the last 40 years. It is, dare I say it, closer in shade to a United shirt than anything we have worn previously (gasp! shock! horror!). Never actually owned a replica shirt though so makes no real difference to me. Just hope that, in the same way as we recall previous kits through the prism of trophy wins or great victories, the sight of this one will fill us with warm fuzzy memories to add to the many we already have (depending on your age of course).

With regards to the new away shirt, I'm calling bullshit on the article
    'Liverpool unveil new away kit for 2017/18, inspired by Reds’ first kit from 1892'
    No it isn't. While contemporary reports described our shirt as 'blue and white quarters', they were in fact regarding each sleeve as one of those quarters. In a similar vein, other shirts of the time used to be described as striped, which we now automatically think of as being vertically striped. However, they were actually referring to a horizontal striped design which we usually call hoops (the technology of the time wasn't sufficiently developed to manufacture a heavy sports shirt with a vertical stripe)
    In reality, our first home shirt bore a very close resemblance to the Blackburn Rovers shirts of both that time and the early 1990s. Blue and white halves isn't quite the same as turquoise (or green, I'm not entirely sure) and white quarters.

In case you're wondering, the bitters finished their tenure at Anfield (and started their days at Goodison) wearing a shirt which was a very similar colour to our new home shirt. They went blue in 1895 while we went red in 1896.

Already posted these links on page 2 of this thread but worth re-visiting them
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool-change-kits.html

27. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Tbf it only says inspired. It's a modern equivalent take on it and it can't have proper blue in it because half the fanbase would lose their shit that we're wearing Everton colours.

mattyhurst likes this.
  28. Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member Valued Member

I Like the away kit and for some reason the third kit too. lol

Livvy likes this.
  29. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Love the home kit with its deep blood red colour. Not totally sold on the 2nd kit but need to see it in the flesh first.
    I miss the old yellow kits but Orange? No way.

30. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

I have a hunch that away kit is going to be a very comfortable material. It looks like the same kind as a UA golf shirt I absolutely love for its fit and feel.