• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

2019/2020 Fixtures v 2018/2019 Results - Season Comparison

Nur der BvB09

If we win all our games till April the 11 th, then we’ll be crowned champions and if City until then loose a game or draw one or more then faster we’ll become champions which is mad to consider 30 years of wait. This team don’t want to win the league they want to own it.

Fowler's Left Peg

If we win all our games till April the 11 th, then we’ll be crowned champions and if City until then loose a game or draw one or more then faster we’ll become champions which is mad to consider 30 years of wait. This team don’t want to win the league they want to own it.
I can't see City dropping many now, historically they finish seasons strong. Its firmly down to us to get the necessary points for me

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It blows my mind a bit that in season where we're shattering records left and right, we're still 'only' six points better off versus the equivalent games last season. Just shows how high our standards have been for a long time now, and also that there's very little room for improvement.

Only a draw against the Hammers last season, though - a good chance to improve on that at the end of this month.

A few more goals would be good too, I'm tired of seeing any red on the chart ;)

Sweeting

It blows my mind a bit that in season where we're shattering records left and right, we're still 'only' six points better off versus the equivalent games last season. Just shows how high our standards have been for a long time now, and also that there's very little room for improvement.

Only a draw against the Hammers last season, though - a good chance to improve on that at the end of this month.

A few more goals would be good too, I'm tired of seeing any red on the chart ;)
I think it is crazy that we haven't conceded a goal in over a month and yet we are still 4 goals worse defensively than we were last season.

Fowler's Left Peg

Well we have 16 points we can drop and still win the League.

I have just put my fucking doom and gloom hat on and gone through the remaining games to predict what we could expect if we have a meltdown.

Man Utd - Draw -2
Wolves - Loss -3
West Ham - Win
Southampton - Win
Norwich - Win
West Ham - Win
Watford - Draw -2
Bournemouth - Win
Everton - Draw -2
Palace - Win
Man City - Loss -3
Villa - Win
Brighton - Win
Burnley - Win
Arsenal - Draw -2
Chelsea - Draw -2
Newcastle - Draw -2

This would have us dropping 18 points, it would cost us the title providing City win every single game.

Surely we can't implode as bad as this???

I think it will be done sooner rather than later, City will throw all their attention to CL.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself

I have just put my fucking doom and gloom hat on and gone through the remaining games to predict what we could expect if we have a meltdown.

Man Utd - Draw -2
Wolves - Loss -3
West Ham - Win
Southampton - Win
Norwich - Win
West Ham - Win
Watford - Draw -2
Bournemouth - Win
Everton - Draw -2
Palace - Win
Man City - Loss -3
Villa - Win
Brighton - Win
Burnley - Win
Arsenal - Draw -2
Chelsea - Draw -2
Newcastle - Draw -2

This would have us dropping 18 points, it would cost us the title providing City win every single game.

I think it will be done sooner rather than later, City will throw all their attention to CL.
If this shit actually comes to pass, I - and the collective membership of this forum - are going to CORRECTLY hold you 100% responsible.

God damnit.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

Man Utd - Draw -2
Wolves - Loss -3
West Ham - Win
Southampton - Win
Norwich - Win
West Ham - Win
Watford - Draw -2
Bournemouth - Win
Everton - Draw -2
Palace - Win
Man City - Loss -3
Villa - Win
Brighton - Win
Burnley - Win
Arsenal - Draw -2
Chelsea - Draw -2
Newcastle - Draw -2

You’ve got us at 9w 6d 2L as worse scenario case - and that would seem like a meltdown.

I just want the title. Don’t care if go unbeaten or not. City are still dangerous.

Let’s keep going. I get jittery too about this

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

Man Utd - Draw -2
Wolves - Loss -3
West Ham - Win
Southampton - Win
Norwich - Win
West Ham - Win
Watford - Draw -2
Bournemouth - Win
Everton - Draw -2
Palace - Win
Man City - Loss -3
Villa - Win
Brighton - Win
Burnley - Win
Arsenal - Draw -2
Chelsea - Draw -2
Newcastle - Draw -2

That sequence of 33 points in 17 games is solid top 4 form. It just demonstrates how consistently good we have been over the last season and a half that we would now consider that sort of form as a collapse. Just 19 points dropped since the start of last season. Just 2 points dropped in the last 30 games.

At the same stage last season we had 54 points, 4 ahead of City and just 6 ahead of Spurs who were still right in the mix. Spurs only got 23 points from their final 17 games. Now that's a collapse.

It's conceivable we could drop 5 points in the next two games as they are two of the toughest we have left. That sequence from Leicester on Boxing Day to Wolves away on the 23rd Jan always looked like the critical period and so far we have won 4 out of 4. Beat United and Wolves and at that point the only serious discussion left would be whether we could break either Arsenal's unbeaten record or City's points record, or both.

Nur der BvB09

You’ve got us at 9w 6d 2L as worse scenario case - and that would seem like a meltdown.

I just want the title. Don’t care if go unbeaten or not. City are still dangerous.

Let’s keep going. I get jittery too about this
City are dangerous my arse really. They got the hype the 2 last seasons because they spend the most and money talks for themselves. The treble they reached last year should’ve never stood but like I mentioned above it’s the money and I dare to say it‘ No VAR‘ that made it happens. In FA cup city played against some championship team, I can’t recall the name and were with 12 minutes to play behind, had not a half mile offside goal being gifted to them from the so called Ref which obviously are more then the healthy mindset can take in the EPL. They’re a bunch of multimillionaire losers in my eyes! Yes they have some well drilled players but as a team full of shit. Pep may rightly go and fxxk himself with his lot that what is shure their time is over.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
In FA cup city played against some championship team, I can’t recall the name and were with 12 minutes to play behind, had not a half mile offside goal being gifted to them
Swansea, in the quarter finals. City’s equaliser was one of the softest penalties you’ll ever see and their winning goal was offside.

But they’re still the best team ever.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
That sequence of 33 points in 17 games is solid top 4 form. It just demonstrates how consistently good we have been over the last season and a half that we would now consider that sort of form as a collapse. Just 19 points dropped since the start of last season. Just 2 points dropped in the last 30 games.

At the same stage last season we had 54 points, 4 ahead of City and just 6 ahead of Spurs who were still right in the mix. Spurs only got 23 points from their final 17 games. Now that's a collapse.

It's conceivable we could drop 5 points in the next two games as they are two of the toughest we have left. That sequence from Leicester on Boxing Day to Wolves away on the 23rd Jan always looked like the critical period and so far we have won 4 out of 4. Beat United and Wolves and at that point the only serious discussion left would be whether we could break either Arsenal's unbeaten record or City's points record, or both.
Thanks for writing this, as it spares me the time... :LOL:

As you say, 33 points in 17 games isn't a collapse at all, it's just 'back to normal' one and a half season ago. And if we do this, we can still lose the title. I agree that at this point in time, it looks very unlikely, but at the start of last season, no-one would have predicted how well our lads would do. Football is very strange sometimes. Talking about Spurs' collapse which ultimately lead to Pocchettino's dismissal: who would have predicted this when they were on our trail last year, and an utterly competitive team in the league? Nobody, that's a fact.

So, let's just focus on the next game against the red mancs, that's all. Let's enjoy what we have got at this point in time, which is extraordinary. There's really no point looking too far ahead.

I always feel a bit uneasy when I read posts or articles in the media, or comments by so-called pundits who declare us champions already. Nothing is done or won at this stage of the season. Klopp has obviously managed to drum that into the players' heads until now, well done to him. Hopefully he'll continue to do that, fingers crossed.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
City are dangerous my arse really. They got the hype the 2 last seasons because they spend the most and money talks for themselves. The treble they reached last year should’ve never stood but like I mentioned above it’s the money and I dare to say it‘ No VAR‘ that made it happens. In FA cup city played against some championship team, I can’t recall the name and were with 12 minutes to play behind, had not a half mile offside goal being gifted to them from the so called Ref which obviously are more then the healthy mindset can take in the EPL. They’re a bunch of multimillionaire losers in my eyes! Yes they have some well drilled players but as a team full of shit. Pep may rightly go and fxxk himself with his lot that what is shure their time is over.
Sorry but for all the dodginess City have still recorded the two highest points tallies in the history of this league and they both happened in the seasons immediately before this one. Any corruption surely just makes them more dangerous?

rockafella

Registered before you did
After these two games vs Utd and Wolves, we only have four of our remaining fifteen games vs teams currently in the top half (with two of the four being against the teams 9th and 10th). Also two of those four are at home.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
And still, it is a long way. We all have learned the lesson as Liverpool supporters not to be overconfident or excited there is still a lot that can go wrong.

When April comes and we still have this lead then I'll get my hopes up. Until then I'll take the Klopp approach: don't look further ahead than the next game.

-The Analyst-

I still expect City to get about 14 wins from their remaining 16 games and be over 90 points.
If they win 14 out of the last 16 (and lose the other two), they will end at 89 points.

If they manage such an amazing run in, it means we need 29 points in our last 17 games (to reach 90 points)

10 wins and 7 defeats would do it then. Given we lost one Premier League game out of the last 60, i cant really see us losing 7 out of 17.

Last edited:

LFCFFC

Yeah we're really (understandably tbf) hinging this notion of us technically needing another 35 points or whatever it is to win the title on City repeating their ridiculous run during the second half of last season.

The chances of that happening again given they've already lost 5 games this season and didn't replace Kompany are...remote to say the least. Even if they do string together another big run of wins, we're also more than capable of matching it.

Still, one game at a time boys. Keep ticking them off.