2019/2020 Fixtures v 2018/2019 Results - Season Comparison

-The Analyst-

By the end of this month we will probably break City's record for most consecutive wins and secure Top 3 finish.
We need 3 more wins to beat the record, which is currently held - as you wrote - by Man City.

Those 3 matches are against Norwich, West Ham and Watford.

I encourage you to have a look at the table, and where those 3 teams are placed.

We couldnt really ask for a better fixture list for those upcoming 3 games...

jay90

We need 3 more wins to beat the record, which is currently held - as you wrote - by Man City.

Those 3 matches are against Norwich, West Ham and Watford.

I encourage you to have a look at the table, and where those 3 teams are placed.

We couldnt really ask for a better fixture list for those upcoming 3 games...
i was starting to get a little interested in that record about the time we went to old trafford. i hadn't even noticed (and did not expect!) us to get another chance coming up already

-The Analyst-

i was starting to get a little interested in that record about the time we went to old trafford. i hadn't even noticed (and did not expect!) us to get another chance coming up already
Remarkably Liverpool had won 17 consecutive games before the game at Old Trafford, which ment the game at Old Trafford gave us the opportunity to equal the record of Man City, and 18 consecutive wins.

We didnt take the opportunity.

But this is the team of mentality monsters.

So it was straight back on the horse, and the game at Old Trafford has been followed by 16 consecutive wins.

In other words, that's 33 wins and 1 draw out of the last 34 games. 100 points out of a possible 102.

Its unheard off.

This means more

Incognito

The Normal One
Here we go again then, this might be a fruitless task as it is going to be hard to improve on last season but lets give it a go.

Season comparison with last seasons results reorganised into the same order as this season's fixtures so it gives a direct performance comparison for like for like fixtures.

Promoted sides compared against relegated sides.

I will update this after each game during the season, plus I may do some other topical stats such as Top 6 comparison if I feel in the mood for it lol

Buckle in everyone, could be a very good season!!!

This is my lunch break, just sitting doing mad shit like this until I get told to get back to work. I genuinely didn't expect this comparison thread to go well as I thought last year we were unbelievable and it was going to be a thankless task. So I was sat wondering if we are better than last year how much better are we than 17/18?

Loved your first post on this thread and especially the bold part! The lads have ensured this thread remains gold! :giggle:

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
19/20
#TeamMatch DayWDLGoals F/A+/-Points
1Liverpool25241060:154573
2Man City25163665:293651

18/19
#TeamMatch DayWDLGoals F/A+/-Points
1Liverpool25195156:154162
2Man City25192466:204659

Last year, they gained 2 points on us, this year .....;)

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Record for fastest title win is 5 games remaining which both Manchester teams have done.
In the Premier League era.

Way back before football was invented, we actually wrapped up the title with seven matches left to play in 1982-83. The lads then spent the remainder of the season on the sauce and drew two and lost five of their last seven games.

Fowler's Left Peg

In the Premier League era.

Way back before football was invented, we actually wrapped up the title with seven matches left to play in 1982-83. The lads then spent the remainder of the season on the sauce and drew two and lost five of their last seven games.
Impressive Stuff

There will have been 4 extra league games that season if I'm right in thinking, will it have been a 22 team league?

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
There will have been 4 extra league games that season if I'm right in thinking, will it have been a 22 team league?
Indeed. Those were the days of the old First Division, with its 42-game season. Despite our shenanigans, we still ended up 11 points clear of Watford- this despite only two points for a win and gaining only two points from our last seven games!

Under the modern three points for a win system, we would have been on 80 points with seven games left.