• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

2019/2020 Fixtures v 2018/2019 Results - Season Comparison

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I'd be very curious to see a similar analysis for City, but I suspect looking for one in the Blue Moon forum will yield only paranoid conspiracy theories and allegations of corruption. It seems to me that they have dropped points in games they did not drop before, while turning two draws into losses. They lost at home to Palace last year, won away this year but haven't played the other 3 they lost to last season.

Incognito

The Normal One
I'd be very curious to see a similar analysis for City, but I suspect looking for one in the Blue Moon forum will yield only paranoid conspiracy theories and allegations of corruption. It seems to me that they have dropped points in games they did not drop before, while turning two draws into losses. They lost at home to Palace last year, won away this year but haven't played the other 3 they lost to last season.
@Fowler's Left Peg had done it earlier I suppose. Might need an update

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
One of our greatest seasons (in my opinion anyway) was 1978/79 when we accumulated 30 wins and 8 draws (sadly 4 losses in a 42 game season) which equates to 98 points in today's money - there's a target!
My greatest memory of that season, no idea why, was watching us thump Norwich 6-0.... the brain is an odd thing!

Fowler's Left Peg

I did do one, you can find it Page 2, however I started to worry about myself to be honest, had a word and decided to scrap it.

I'm not going to waste my time analysing them, just focusing on the Redmen

Fowler's Left Peg

I have updated this below as well to include last season.

34 points after 12 games puts us on 2.83 PPG

Man City's point total last season of 98 was the highest required in PL history to win the title and that needed 2.58 PPG

When they did the 100 point season that was achieved at 2.63 PPG

We obviously have to maintain it over the course of a 38 game season, but it does highlight how well we have done to create a little bit of wiggle room for the rest of the season and we have built a good platform to go on and win it

YeGra

It's incredible to have a 6 point gain so far compared to last season when we had a 97 point season.

From now til game 31 however we only face the traditional top 6 TWICE - and those two instances are Spurs and United who are considerably weak at the moment. That's an incredible fixture list to have and showcases how we've navigated a tough start to only draw once. I include Leicester as an equivalent top 6 for this season and we've already faced them for this half the season too.

With a 9 point lead, it's hard to see many games where we'd drop many points until game 31, so long as we keep our nerve this 8 or 9 point advantage should be able to be retained for a while. Looking very very very good. I'm not jynxing it too much am I??

Arminius

FSG PR plant
It's incredible to have a 6 point gain so far compared to last season when we had a 97 point season.

From now til game 31 however we only face the traditional top 6 TWICE - and those two instances are Spurs and United who are considerably weak at the moment. That's an incredible fixture list to have and showcases how we've navigated a tough start to only draw once. I include Leicester as an equivalent top 6 for this season and we've already faced them for this half the season too.

With a 9 point lead, it's hard to see many games where we'd drop many points until game 31, so long as we keep our nerve this 8 or 9 point advantage should be able to be retained for a while. Looking very very very good. I'm not jynxing it too much am I??

Oh no, not jinxing it too much at all.....

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Top 6 league to date.

--------------Pl W D L F A Pts
Liverpool ....5 4 1 0 11 5 13
Man Utd .....3 1 2 0 06 2 05
Tottenham...3 0 2 1 05 6 02
Arsenal........3 0 2 1 04 6 02
Man City .....2 0 1 1 03 5 01
Chelsea ......2 0 0 2 01 6 0
Include Leicester and Sheffield Utd in that, and it looks even better! :ROFLMAO:

-The Analyst-

Top 6 league to date.

--------------Pl W D L F A Pts
Liverpool ....5 4 1 0 11 5 13
Man Utd .....3 1 2 0 06 2 05
Tottenham...3 0 2 1 05 6 02
Arsenal........3 0 2 1 04 6 02
Man City .....2 0 1 1 03 5 01
Chelsea ......2 0 0 2 01 6 0
12 games into the season, and we finished 50% of the top-6 games.

Meaning the remaining 50% (5 games) will be played over the next 26 games.

So 21 out of the last 26 games are against teams that are not the traditional top-6.

This season we haven't dropped any points again "non-top-6".

Last season we dropped 6 points in 28 games against the "non-top-6" ( Leicester (H), West Ham (A) and Everton (A)).

We dont normally fuck up anymore against weaker teams.

-The Analyst-

26 Finals to Play if 24 are a 3 Points game it ll be enough!!! Which i hope we will
I get your point, that we teoretically need that. But there is no way City (or anyone else) will win all their games.

Lets say City all of the sudden get back to last seasons form og 2.58 points (98p from 38 games) each game. That will give them 92points. Which mean 93p will win it. Max points are 114. So we can drop 21 points. 2 have been dropped so far, giving us another 19 points we can afford to drop.

And thats if City really get their act together. The way they have been this season, a average of 2.58 points each game is unlikely

Nur der BvB09

I get your point, that we teoretically need that. But there is no way City (or anyone else) will win all their games.

Lets say City all of the sudden get back to last seasons form og 2.58 points (98p from 38 games) each game. That will give them 92points. Which mean 93p will win it. Max points are 114. So we can drop 21 points. 2 have been dropped so far, giving us another 19 points we can afford to drop.

And thats if City really get their act together. The way they have been this season, a average of 2.58 points each game is unlikely
We can only influence what is in our Hands. We Need to make it clear it stays in our Hands. Nothing else in between is an Option either a solution.