2019/2020 Fixtures v 2018/2019 Results - Season Comparison

Incognito

The Normal One
I am actual confused what is tougher. Having teams just right behind us is scary in a way that you cannot afford one mistake, but being clear 8 odd points is scarier because the expectations are now to maintain this lead and not slip up, especially since it happened last season.

We have dropped points just once this season and did very well to put it behind us like a one off game. If we as fans get so much nerves, I can only imagine what the players would be feeling. The mentality has been crazy this year. Touch wood and long may it continue.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
I am actual confused what is tougher. Having teams just right behind us is scary in a way that you cannot afford one mistake, but being clear 8 odd points is scarier because the expectations are now to maintain this lead and not slip up, especially since it happened last season.

We have dropped points just once this season and did very well to put it behind us like a one off game. If we as fans get so much nerves, I can only imagine what the players would be feeling. The mentality has been crazy this year. Touch wood and long may it continue.
I've been touching wood since the full-time whistle....

lfc.8

We've made such a strong start to the season plus the points difference over our competitors already, puts us in a very good position to win the league. No guarantees of course but we just need to do it.

Looking at points totals required, if we assume we need 90 points which is achievable with every chance of more then the following clubs can only drop so many (to reach 89). Leicester 15, City 9, Chelsea 6, United 1, Spurs 0, Arsenal not possible with a maximum total of 88.

Last edited:

Nur der BvB09

I`m driving myself mad . So much to cheer About and no time in disposal for it cause the next game awaits . I am playing the gods we Keep our shape and win % to the Ratio till now at least come and April. That ll be enough i hope.
We re 16 games in and the pressure is starting to build in me in a positive way

Not Worthy

The players have nothing to worry about; they have put the pressure on the other teams. We have a lead, significant enough to shift the focus away from us. The teams behind are genuinely playing for places.

The pressure on us is to 'maintain'. Keep this level up and win, possibly everything.

I guessed at the start of the season that we would need 92 points to win the title. I 'm guessing now that that is not the target. We may get into the 90s but I reckon 88 will do it.

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
Got to be honest, didn't think we had a snowballs chance in hell of getting near last years total. 97 points, the third highest in Premier and probably First Division history (can't be bothered to look it up), but here we sit, six points better off after 16 games.
Totally and utterly remarkable!
I lived through the halcyon days, 70's and 80's, but I am certain I have never seen such a dominant start to a season.

Fowler's Left Peg

Got to be honest, didn't think we had a snowballs chance in hell of getting near last years total. 97 points, the third highest in Premier and probably First Division history (can't be bothered to look it up), but here we sit, six points better off after 16 games.
Totally and utterly remarkable!
I lived through the halcyon days, 70's and 80's, but I am certain I have never seen such a dominant start to a season.
Man City 2 seasons ago managed the below in their first 20 games

W 19
D 1
L 0