A busted flush.....

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Given the time since we last won the league, our achievements of late and our recent transfers and managers, I think that this is the last time we can throw the dice from the stance of Liverpool the huge club. Klopp wins for us or we will be permanently thrown into the backwaters of faded glory.

But then he's going to win. Everything :)
I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Klopp is the most successful (pre-arrival at LFC) manager we've appointed since Rafa, who took us to a 5th European Cup and a whisker away from the league title. And that was at a time when the club was being financially run into the ground and he was forced to make a profit in his last couple of transfer windows. It wasn't a case of him not being up to the job, or being found out (and I realise I'm preaching to the converted based on your stated opinion of Rafa mate!), but I do sometimes daydream about what he might have achieved with the same type of backing FSG has given its managers thus far.

Klopp is a winner, make no mistake. Hopefully we're about to go on the same kind of journey we did under Rafa, only are now able to take that further step we couldn't then because of G&H.
I got more likes for this post today than I did five years ago :LOL:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Not going to start with a 3000 word essay.

I personally hope Juergen klopp is the man we all want him to be, and in 2 years time we can laugh at this thread and wonder why we even bothered discussing it....

But...

After the last 25 years, after promising renaissance under hollies, Rafa, dalglish and even Rodgers.... If this goes pear shaped....

I reckon we'll be a busted flush.....

Last throw of the proverbial dice.....

Good luck herr klopp, we're all in this together.
An amazing thread!

I was at Rodgers last home game (sion Europa) and also Klopps first home game - Bournemouth league cup.

The atmosphere was definitely dead for the sion game as it was obvious that Rodgers time was done.

Klopps 1st game atmosphere was not as thumping as I was hyped for - but still better than the previous match.

How Jurgen has galvanised the whole club together, got us on the same page.... and then delivered, and delivered some more!

We really shouldn’t forget this journey. Reading this thread brings back so many memories and thoughts and emotions from the last decade - and just look where we are now!

It should be a film!

NZred

The Red From NZ
More so than any manager since Kenny in the 80s, this for me feels like an absolutely perfect match up of club and manager. Liverpool fans are football romantics. We long for those European nights on the Kop. We yearn for pass move of the 80s. We love a manager that's quick whited with the media and has no problem putting them in their place when they ask questions they have no right to ask. Klopp seems every bit that manager we've been trying to replace since 1991. Under Rafa I was stoked to be getting a manager that footed it in La Liga and made us look like donkeys in Europe, but he was forever fighting an uphill battle with owners that wanted nothing more than to run us into the ground.

We finally have owners that aren't afraid to splash the case and a manager that has an eye for talent.
Just going to pat myself on the back here with how prophetic this post turned out to be lol

NZred

The Red From NZ
I think it depends on your expectations.

Do you expect to win the title?
Then yes, you will most probably be disappointed in the coming 5 years.

Do you expect us to sneak into the top 4 this season, and make ourselves a regular top four contender in the coming years, with a one off title challenge season and maybe a cup win (FA or Carling Cup or even a UCL)?
Then you will be most probably get few of those in the coming 5 years.

Klopp will build a side with a strong spine and a distinct style, just like Rafa and GH. And more often than not, with a manager who builds a strong spine and develops a distinct style, there is a chance of success. However, you just cannot disregard the sheer spending power of City, Chelsea and United. And God forbid, if the scum end up with Carlo or Pep, then they might go on a run of their own. I had hope with FFP, to provide a balance, but since that is binned, the oil-rich clubs will splash cash for fun.
Klopp should (and can) hold his own against those mangers. But I don't expect him to win the league in the coming years. He will make us strong and a side that will be a force, just like Rafa's. We might have an odd year, where things will go in favour (other sides struggling and most of players in top form), and we might (just might) win the league.

Personally I am more than happy with the second choice.
And then highlight how wrong you were.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Given the time since we last won the league, our achievements of late and our recent transfers and managers, I think that this is the last time we can throw the dice from the stance of Liverpool the huge club. Klopp wins for us or we will be permanently thrown into the backwaters of faded glory.

But then he's going to win. Everything :)
I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Honestly, did you really believe that he’d win us everything?

If he’d have just won us the league I’d have been over the moon. That’s been the one I’ve wanted all these years. To have the league won in the same year as the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup (both of which we were in on account of winning number six) is just (I really can’t think of word that does it justice).

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Honestly, did you really believe that he’d win us everything?

If he’d have just won us the league I’d have been over the moon. That’s been the one I’ve wanted all these years. To have the league won in the same year as the European Super Cup and the Club World Cup (both of which we were in on account of winning number six) is just (I really can’t think of word that does it justice).
Truth? I’m always hopeful that we’ll win :)

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
We had so great players down the years but as in all elite sport it’s that final few % that determines who takes home the bacon.
JK has that in spades, he not only brought in the silverware more importantly he brought back our pride.