A trip down Memory Lane.....

Broomy

TIA's Redkopi
Finally managed to find the time to log back into the TIA forums and I have to say fair play to Matt and Max, the contributors and columnists and the mods and administrators for all their effort and commitment not only to the main TIA site but also to the forums, its incredible to see how much the site has grown...

Its great to see so many familiar names still online here on the forums... As far as I kno the forums have been running 11 years, looking through the members list, 2003 saw members such as Denzil, Donks, lfc_fan, Red under the bed, Mullafunka join, the GBH "Whispers" to Mottman's stories of following the Reds play in Europe including the 1976-77 season when we first won the European Cup.... Then came the legendary Souey's 'tache, who as far as i remember is famous for his drawing of the Bob Paisley Flag we see on the Kop?

Thinking back to some of the earliest TIA mods : Matt, Max, Canuck, Chung, Geebo, allyrobbo, briankettle, Denzil, bringbackkenny, Dragonshadow, marklar, mullafunka.... We also had a TIA Radio at some stage, who was involved in running that again? Then came the TIA podcast...

Then there were those competitive football matches, TIA v NSNO (involving the names I can remember) Chronic, Matt, Mullafunka, LRK, Big Wooden Spoon, Dane, Kev Arne Riise, Bingo Chris, Joey Jones, Les, Red Squiggle, Allyrobbo, while who'll ever forget bsolanki daily reports from the Eurofan TIA European Tour to Krakow & Lviv and the stories of the border checks!! I seem to remember the stories of their pre-European match training where LFC TV were down to interview them, they were given the 80's style kits to wear which had been donated and I seem to remember the shorts caused a few problems with the danger of indecent exposure, owing to the shortness of said shorts!

[background=#f7f7f7][youtube][/youtube][/background]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsUB-EW7-R4​

Looking through the Members list takes me back down Memory Lane on the forums from Obanite to Bodje, Kopblog's Bringbackkenny to Chronic, Kid Viravax, Scrummie, LetsbuyTotti, DanDagger, Mookie3, Fish, Eire-Dearg, Mr Kelly, Ashraf to the lad that just disappeared from the forums, Shervin...

Just for a bit of a laugh, taking a trip down memory lane, whats your earliest memories of the TIA forums over the years? Who has been the most pessimistic/optimistic/funniest member over the years?

Whats your funniest memory from the TIA forums... (I'm sure whocantucan's photo to Redbj will be mentioned here somewhere!!)

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
I moved it to the Albert mate to get the attention it deserves ;-) .

First off good to see you back Broomy ! Yeah I miss some of the old faces, I remember them all. Originally I was someone that simply read the forums (virtually from the very start). I had just moved to Australia and was one of the few places at the time that reminded me of the banter back in the UK. In my personal opinion thats when the forum was at its heights.

Even then though we still had our knobs, After lurking for a couple of years I became a member out of frustration as one member was saying it was Houlliers team that won the champions league (a few weeks after we won it...it was someone notorious at the time like Kanwar/Segal or Orionred ).

Back then the likes of me and Eddie were the optimistic ones. I started a thread about how bright our future was (it was probably about 3000 words). No one replied ! and I think it was Dane who posted a picture of a tumble weed (he was still a miserable bastard lol).

Chronic was brilliant, like the sex pest of TIA, I always liked Bjoide and Scrummie too (both came back very briefly within the last year, hopefully they come back completely). Its scary when I think how long I have been on TIA, seen many faces come and go. Seen the highs (2004) and lows (the Rafa divisions/Hodgson)

Hopefully with us starting to win again, some of the old lads will slowly start returning.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Looking at my photobucket account alone over the last 9 years...

Broomy said:
Thinking back to some of the earliest TIA mods : Matt, Max, Canuck, Chung, Geebo, allyrobbo, briankettle, Denzil, bringbackkenny, Dragonshadow, marklar, mullafunka.... We also had a TIA Radio at some stage, who was involved in running that again? Then came the TIA podcast...
Of course we all remember Kettle's fantastic one liners in the ban thread..

Broomy said:
Looking through the Members list takes me back down Memory Lane on the forums from Obanite to Bodje, Kopblog's Bringbackkenny to Chronic, Kid Viravax, Scrummie, LetsbuyTotti, DanDagger, Mookie3, Fish, Eire-Dearg, Mr Kelly, Ashraf to the lad that just disappeared from the forums, Shervin...
I rememeber when Mr Kelly was over thrown as a mod

I remember when a bro-mance occured

I remember when TIA funded my coaching licence

Broomy said:
Whats your funniest memory from the TIA forums... (I'm sure whocantucan's photo to Redbj will be mentioned here somewhere!!)

9 years of good times for me.....

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Good to see ya back Broomy!

I enjoyed the GBH whispers, top lad he was..
Good to see Geebo back on these days
Donks, Cashmoney, Zowie, what was that other girls name (the spherical cow??),
LetsbuyTotti was a good laugh too....
Eire-Dearg.. did he change is username?? He still around...?

Although we have had our share a fruitcakes too..

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
One of the best stories is Chronic breaking his shoulder in the warm up for one of the TIA matches in the early days.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Earliest memory was sitting up into the stupid hours of the morning hitting refresh in the Torres transfer thread. Such ecstasy when that happened.

Had some good Barneys in the early years with Obanite.

Of course seeing lfc.eddie slowly slip deeper and deeper into his Pitt of negative despair was entertaining. He is kind of now just that crazy old uncle you just smile and shake your head at :-D

Broomy

TIA's Redkopi
NZred said:
Had some good Barneys in the early years with Obanite.
Obanite and his Scottish Highland Cow!!

Matt said:
One of the best stories is Chronic breaking his shoulder in the warm up for one of the TIA matches in the early days.
Noticed Chronic hasnt been online here in a while... Haha, I remember Chronic sending me a photo of him holding his arm (with a hung over head on him from the night before) and the ambulance behind him!! Anybody still got that photo? Am I right in saying he was attempting to do a bicycle kick during the pre-match 'warm up'?!!

Just found the TIA FC facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/tiafc Some great photos there, have TIA FC played any games recently?

Sionach

Resident Athiest
Hitting refesh on the court case to remove dumb and dumber and get FSG in was a stressful few days.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Broomy said:
Just for a bit of a laugh, taking a trip down memory lane, whats your earliest memories of the TIA forums over the years? Who has been the most pessimistic/optimistic/funniest member over the years?

Too many memories, the biggest thing I have missed are the banters among the people in here, those were fun times. Your articles in this forum as well, pretty good compilation of former players. There also used to be a proper Pre-Match, In-Match and Post Match thread which means something.... As for the pessimist in here, I thought I was bad, but proven wrong by many others of late.....

Alex

since 2004
I noticed my account is 10 years old.. :shock:

great work matt and max

when I registered here:
  • Sir ad wrote the kopblog
  • redbj was record poster
  • johnnyT was grumpy
  • Istanbul was only a city somewhere in turkey
  • we didn't have raw3, we had some guy called kendoddsdadsdogs.... something
  • we didn't have twitter, we had GBH
  • we didn't have maria, we had zowie

I could have had more than 5000 posts by now.. but the word association thread was deleted after it reached its limit

Broomy

TIA's Redkopi
i_still_miss_fowler said:
Its scary when I think how long I have been on TIA, seen many faces come and go. Hopefully with us starting to win again, some of the old lads will slowly start returning.
There's alot of new faces here since the last time I logged on here... It's funny how many people I've got to know through TIA, most i havnt even met before... Some day we'll have to organise an end of season football match and get Chronic and the lads back playing, would be great to finally meet Matt, cardiffpete, mafiaman, Sweeting etc

Dublin_Kopite said:
Eire-Dearg.. did he change is username?? He still around..
Am I right in saying Eire-Dearg went on to be involved in that backpagefootball website?

Alex said:
when I registered here:
  • Sir ad wrote the kopblog
Never realised Sir Ad once wrote Kopblog... I remember when I first signed up Geebo, Dragonshadow and DeDant were mods and Briankettle would be the headmaster you didnt want to get on the wrong side of with those one liners.... Think DeDant was also involved in the first TIA online magazine back in 2006?? While before LFCTV came along we had mafiaman producing those end of month match highlights and goal videos for us!!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Broomy said:
While before LFCTV came along we had mafiaman producing those end of month match highlights and goal videos for us!!
And I believe him and Chronic were the founding fathers of Boobs and Birds thread too.... lol

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Been a member since 2007, joined when I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Bulgaria, trying to find somewhere to read and connect with LFC fans and opinions. Always been more of a lurker- I like to read much more than I post. I'll have lapses during the season, but I always come back strong during transfer windows. I watch games and form opinions on my own- but I love to come on and see who we are linked with and what people think of said players. Like a pig rolling around in his own filth- I love it and just can't help myself. I spent too many hours in transfer news threads hitting refresh waiting for one of GBH's whispers...

comRED

TIA Regular
and the rafa love/hate discussions. it was endless. the birds and boobs thread is the best thread on the internet.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
There's been some fun times, and not so fun times. Had a lot of banter, and a lot of arguments over the years. I won't name names but certain members at one point wanted my guts for garters, and my head on a spike. But I always weathered the storms. And I enjoyed doing the player threads every summer, a job Nikola has taken over admirably.

More than once I've walked away because my depression has gotten the better of me, but I've always come back because, well, I miss you guys and just can't stay away!!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
As a newbie, I've not much to add to all these memories brought up by the oldtimers... lol

For me, broomy's series threads (about the club's history, about players etc.) and other original threads (for instance starting the post-match player-rating threads) has to be at the top of what this site managed to produce over the years (delighted to see you back, mate, where have you been all these months?).

It's a genuine pity that all the old threads have vanished after the 2012 crash. It would have been nice to go and unearth a few old gems, and my heart bleeds at the thought of all the outstanding work some of us have put in over the years, and which went down the gutter because of a missed transfer day...

Otherwise, this site has some really good characters around, who always manage to keep this site interesting to read. It doesn't go without some clashes at times, but it's largely worth it and makes the site even more enjoyable to visit at times!... ;-)

Reactions: ptt

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
What is this? A weekly gathering for the Old Folks Anonymous? :lol:

I went on a forums joining spree in 2008. Never discussed much but somehow TIA has a holding power onto me. And today this is about this only Liverpool forum I still participate in, albeit still not as much as some of you guys! :D

Maria

I cannot believe I am still here after almost nine years on the TIA. I never thought I would last this long because it was quite daunting discussing football and LFC with you guys, who had plenty of knowledge and I was abit scared of a few of you, I still am :ph34r: . Broomy’s plethora of knowledge of LFC was outstanding and I learned so much about the club from his posts.

I have so many memories of the TIA but the most vivid moment I can remember was, when we were up all night on the TIA in October 2010 when the LFC takeover was about to occur and our club was headline news on all our major TV channels and newspaper. We nearly crashed the site that night, when the courts and the negotiators were deciding our club's fate. We fans were basically in the dark, worried for our uncertain future, were we going to demise as club, were we going to get a reprieve or not, what will the new owners be like? It was awful time but somehow with the humour and the banter we got through this huge storm.

We all had various information filtering in, rumours being thrown at us that the Chinese Businessman associated with government were buying our club, no it was Oil rich Arab Sheikh from UAE or Qatar, no its another American Business man, it’s a Russian Oligarch etc and news was changing by the minute. I posted that night saying I was off to bed at 11 PM or something but you guys kept me so intrigued and up all night, and the mod Kenny's Golden Ass reminded me 20 pages later how come I wasn’t in bed and still posting on the TIA, it was quite a funny but strange time. The TIA kept me awake till 3:30 AM, but what at night it was and we were so relieved by the outcome. I also remember that clever logo Ubermick did, he used the Reservoir Dogs photo (the one with the guys dressed in suits) and super-imposed the faces of the LFC creditors faces on. Does anyone remember that one?

During my residency on the TIA, I had many a laugh out loud moments, a few sad ones and some wtf was that about moments. Overall, everyone on this site are such wonderful personalities to engage with and it is really lovely to connect with one other from different parts of the UK and the rest of the world. There are quite a few members I remember such as spherical cow and bkwitch and her tennis thread which was great. I do remember the odd poster Daggertomyheart, I quite liked him, although he irked quite a few people on here. Yes, I remember the legendary Brian Kettle and Obanite and I did have a disagreement with Mr Kelly but in a good spirited way. I wonder if Mr Kelly is still playing in his band, he was a keen guitarist wasn’t he? I miss Scrummie too, he was a brilliant poster particularly in the in the miscellaneous section. I do hope he makes his way back here one day. Also, I remember Aimee’s Dad with his post-match analysis which was good, although it took me ages understanding the technical side of things in that thread. I am so glad you are back DragonShadow, you were sorely missed. I believe we have some great new people on here as it keeps the site refreshed, vibrant and full of new and interesting topics to discuss. It would be nice to have a few more the girls on here posting regularly but we have AnfieldCat. :-)

Also, one favourite thread I missed was, the Northern Ireland thread, I was more of a curious and observational poster on that thread. I just loved the banter there with BODJE, 5euros, BelfastRed and others even though it did get very heated at times. I learned quite a lot about life and the history of NI from a Northern Irish perspective from people who were living there, plus the legendary and sometime eccentric sense of humour which took me a while to understand. I guess I have a soft spot for the NI contingent on here.

Believe it or not, the TIA forumites were kind of my saviour in keeping my sanity intact. When I lost my father, I basically isolated myself socially from family and friends as I was so distraught and I couldn’t get on with anyone and my only sanctuary was the TIA. It was the humour and the brilliant debates which kept my mind stimulated and kept my depression at bay most of the time. My uncle was one who introduced my Dad and me to LFC when I was a little girl. They would be discussing (or arguing in some cases) football, other sports and other miscellaneous topics. You all in your own way kind of reminded me of Dad and uncle. For this, I am ever so thankful to you all for saving me from the depths of despair and I know Dad is with me wherever I go.

Most of all, I just want to thank Matt and Max, the mods who give up their spare time and work incredibly hard to keep this place running like clock-work behind the scenes which is amazing. In addition, many, many thanks to all the forumites here for keeping this site active, vibrant, happy, witty, animated, debatable, informative, intellectual, eccentric, challenging, inclusive, tolerant, warm, inspirational and welcoming to everyone who comes here. The spirit of togetherness is thriving on the TIA which is rare in this rather materialistic world these days. I have visited other LFC fan sites but nothing compares to the TIA and I regard this place as home with my family of Reds. (Also, to escape the other family when they drive me round the bend!)

Anyway, please forgive my aimless ramblings which has gone on far too long. I hope we can all have a meet up at a TIA convention somewhere in the world one day, if it is possible or if we are at Anfield on a match day, it would be lovely to meet you all in person. I know some fan clubs l do this, like Star Trek and Dr Who fans etc.
:-)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Maria said:
ARD, you are too kind. Thank you for your kind sentiment. My Dad and uncle had a kind of scouse sense of humour which I miss but the humour keeps my spirits up and I know I am not alone as Dad is with me.
Those we lose are always with us, I'm not religious but I believe that. Self confessed mummys boy and damn proud of it. She was my best friend, but that's not unusual she was the best friend of everybody who ever met her, so understand how painful it can be to lose a parent. Glad you had something to help you through that. It is special being a Liverpool fan at times. It's cliche but we really are a Liverpool family and really don't let each other walk alone. It is beautiful to see that shine through sometimes.

Maria

Anfield rd Dreamer said:
Those we lose are always with us, I'm not religious but I believe that. Self confessed mummys boy and damn proud of it. She was my best friend, but that's not unusual she was the best friend of everybody who ever met her, so understand how painful it can be to lose a parent. Glad you had something to help you through that. It is special being a Liverpool fan at times. It's cliche but we really are a Liverpool family and really don't let each other walk alone. It is beautiful to see that shine through sometimes.
Oh, I am sorry to hear to hear about your mother, I am sure she is watching over you right now and happy for you. This is why I became a fan because of this Liverpool family and I especially was inspired by Bill Shankly's philosophy to improve your innerself. I am sure he was Buddha in his previous life. We Reds may fight, argue but we make up for it by rallying round each other which is a wonderful thing.

Clive

The longevity of the site certainly is a credit to Matt and Max. I like the way that level headed discussion is encouraged here and obvious knobs gradually shown the door. Well done lads and also to the mods past and present. But more so the members who uphold this mantra for the most part.

I've been reading the main site and kopblog since the Houllier days. I started reading topics in the forums that were highlighted on the main site - I honestly didn't know for a few years that there was a forum or at least how extensive it is. I signed up once. Years ago but didn't post - I only bit the bullet a year or so ago. I can't really explain why other than that I enjoyed reading others input so much I didn't really know what I could add and I never really have the time to contribute as much as I'd like.

I've certainly learnt a lot about being a red and about football in general over the years.

As for the old boys, I liked Mullafunker, maybe because he's an Aussie but his humour I enjoyed. I also liked the forum recent threads that were linked from the main site, which is how I started after all!

Genius

The Somewhat Normal One
I remember getting banned once for calling Uncle Roy, Woy :lol:

RedLaw

JFT96
DeathOrGlory said:
I prefer to forget about that knob. God he was like poison.
What made it all worth it for me was the fact Sturridge hit the ground running and started scoring goals straight away. The only possible way Mac Red could have recovered from that was accepting the biggest piece of humble pie ever, which of course he never took lol

Genius

The Somewhat Normal One
RedLaw said:
What made it all worth it for me was the fact Sturridge hit the ground running and started scoring goals straight away. The only possible way Mac Red could have recovered from that was accepting the biggest piece of humble pie ever, which of course he never took lol
I would have paid to watch his reaction each time Sturridge scores