A trip down Memory Lane.....

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
I remember someone done a full college thesis based on the forums and how we all interacted with each other. That link is hardly still knocking around is it? I think I was made out to be a crazy sarcastic lunatic when i read it back :D

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
I remember someone done a full college thesis based on the forums and how we all interacted with each other. That link is hardly still knocking around is it? I think I was made out to be a crazy sarcastic lunatic when i read it back :D
What?
And which university approved that thesis???
I mean, you need a thesis supervisor etc.
Who would green-light something like that?

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
It was some sort of social experiment and he detailed the different type of characters on here and took examples of our interactions. Unless it was some strange dream and i made it all up...

Maria

Has anyone been in touch with 5euros, it has been a long time since he was here and the other Northern Irish contingent ? I quite liked their posts and the funny banter they had with each other and the posters south of the border.

Last edited:

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Do you remember the famous Fat Scouser letter to TIA?

It was such an eye-opening experience during turbulent times, and it helped me realize again what matters the most.

96tone

Finally managed to find the time to log back into the TIA forums and I have to say fair play to Matt and Max, the contributors and columnists and the mods and administrators for all their effort and commitment not only to the main TIA site but also to the forums, its incredible to see how much the site has grown...

Its great to see so many familiar names still online here on the forums... As far as I kno the forums have been running 11 years, looking through the members list, 2003 saw members such as Denzil, Donks, lfc_fan, Red under the bed, Mullafunka join, the GBH "Whispers" to Mottman's stories of following the Reds play in Europe including the 1976-77 season when we first won the European Cup.... Then came the legendary Souey's 'tache, who as far as i remember is famous for his drawing of the Bob Paisley Flag we see on the Kop?

Thinking back to some of the earliest TIA mods : Matt, Max, Canuck, Chung, Geebo, allyrobbo, briankettle, Denzil, bringbackkenny, Dragonshadow, marklar, mullafunka.... We also had a TIA Radio at some stage, who was involved in running that again? Then came the TIA podcast...

Then there were those competitive football matches, TIA v NSNO (involving the names I can remember) Chronic, Matt, Mullafunka, LRK, Big Wooden Spoon, Dane, Kev Arne Riise, Bingo Chris, Joey Jones, Les, Red Squiggle, Allyrobbo, while who'll ever forget bsolanki daily reports from the Eurofan TIA European Tour to Krakow & Lviv and the stories of the border checks!! I seem to remember the stories of their pre-European match training where LFC TV were down to interview them, they were given the 80's style kits to wear which had been donated and I seem to remember the shorts caused a few problems with the danger of indecent exposure, owing to the shortness of said shorts!

[background=#f7f7f7][youtube][/youtube][/background]

Looking through the Members list takes me back down Memory Lane on the forums from Obanite to Bodje, Kopblog's Bringbackkenny to Chronic, Kid Viravax, Scrummie, LetsbuyTotti, DanDagger, Mookie3, Fish, Eire-Dearg, Mr Kelly, Ashraf to the lad that just disappeared from the forums, Shervin...

Just for a bit of a laugh, taking a trip down memory lane, whats your earliest memories of the TIA forums over the years? Who has been the most pessimistic/optimistic/funniest member over the years?

Whats your funniest memory from the TIA forums... (I'm sure whocantucan's photo to Redbj will be mentioned here somewhere!!)
Hello mate

I am a Raotl forum veteran from 20 years ago. What’s the score with this new site? Memoery lane? Be Jesus. The great biscuit debate!

Tone