Adrien Rabiot (CM) PSG

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Enough smoke around this one, with L'Equipe claiming that we've held talks with his reps (as reported in the Echo).

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
He's an excellent player imo, seems to love the club too. If he came to take lallanas squad space that's a huge upgrade. He's been another of the reported long term targets, linked during Rodgers time here that we seem to love going back for.
Tall, athletic and technically excellent Klopp seems to love these types of players.
Like the Goretzka transfer last year I think we'll be close and very much in the hunt it probably won't be announced for a good while yet though.

T.C.B

Would love to see this guy in a red shirt. He's top class.Think he would be a terrific signing.
I agree he's a very talented player but I'm not sure we need another midfield player. Having said that you could well be onto something with your Milner replacement theory.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I agree he's a very talented player but I'm not sure we need another midfield player. Having said that you could well be onto something with your Milner replacement theory.

Rabiot looks like a higher quality player than Henderson aswell.Left footed to, can beat players for fun, quick and athletic. Jurgen would love him. I think he could bring an awful lot to the side.

C

Caradoc

Unless Milner has indicated that he plans to leave (Leeds?) I don’t see Klopp going for another midfielder just now. Just my opinion but based on what is publicly known this transfer seems unlikely to me.

T.C.B

Rabiot looks like a higher quality player than Henderson aswell.Left footed to, can beat players for fun, quick and athletic. Jurgen would love him. I think he could bring an awful lot to the side.
I think it might be a case of when a top class player becomes available then we as a club have to at least have our hat in the ring. Take the chance when it comes along so to speak.

T.C.B

Unless Milner has indicated that he plans to leave (Leeds?) I don’t see Klopp going for another midfielder just now. Just my opinion but based on what is publicly known this transfer seems unlikely to me.
Its possible Milner might fancy a swansong at Leeds when they get promoted.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
I think it might be a case of when a top class player becomes available then we as a club have to at least have our hat in the ring. Take the chance when it comes along so to speak.

And on a 'free' to. Bit of a no-brainer this one. Aren't Barca going for him?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.

I know we can't accept it but Millie can't go on forever. He'll be 33 ish in the Summer. Rabiot is obtainable, for free, in the Summer. Milner could finishes his career at Leeds. Rabiot starts a new chapter at LFC this summer. Could be a plan :think:

T.C.B

And on a 'free' to. Bit of a no-brainer this one. Aren't Barca going for him?
There were stories that a Barca deal had been agreed. There were also stories of issues with his "people" which is headed by his mother.
Who know what the real truth is but we seem to have an interest in him.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
There were stories that a Barca deal had been agreed. There were also stories of issues with his "people" which is headed by his mother.
Who know what the real truth is but we seem to have an interest in him.

Isn't he a LFC fan? If so, I reckon we stand a good chance if we really want him.

What about:

..............Fabinho...........
......Wijnaldum.......Rabiot

Backed up by:

............. Henderson..........
......Keita..............Milner....

I'm salivating at the prospect.

T.C.B

Isn't he a LFC fan? If so, I reckon we stand a good chance if we really want him.

What about:

Backed up by:

I'm salivating.
No idea about whether hes a fan or not but I agree he would give us plenty of options and extra quality. Last season we lost Can and Coutinho and added Fabinho and Keita. I think Lallana and possibly Milner may leave so we can easily accommodate at least one more midfield player.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

What about:

Backed up by:

I'm salivating at the prospect.
Would rather we concentrated on getting Keita up to speed than having him be a back up.

Our midfield is looking stacked to me, even more so if this 4231 formation is here to stay. Harry Wilson and Chamberlain will hopefully be in the squad next year too.

Think Rabiot would fit in our side but it seems an unnecessary move at this point.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Would rather we concentrated on getting Keita up to speed than having him be a back up.

Our midfield is looking stacked to me, even more so if this 4231 formation is here to stay. Harry Wilson and Chamberlain will hopefully be in the squad next year too.

Think Rabiot would fit in our side but it seems an unnecessary move at this point.

Yeah, you have a point and I totally forgot about Ox. Wilson? Seems to be developing very nicely but he is more an option for the wing isn't he??

And what about Milner? Will he be off to Leeds? Replacing him, if he leaves, with Rabiot is an option don't you think?

Just remembered, there's Lallana to consider to.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Yeah, you have a point and I totally forgot about Ox. Wilson? Seems to be developing very nicely but he is more an option for the wing isn't he??

And what about Milner? Will he be off to Leeds? Replacing him, if he leaves, with Rabiot is an option don't you think?

Just remembered, there's Lallana to consider to.
Wilson has been playing in the middle too, I think he can cover a number of different roles.

I like Rabiot and think he's a decent fit but I'd prefer us to work with what's already here. Our 3 players for the deep role can do a really good job and we have the likes of Firmino, Keita, Lallana, Chamberlain, Shaqiri and Wilson on the books who can play ahead of the one/two deep players. I really like the look of that group of players.

Don't get me wrong, getting a player like Rabiot on a free would be good business, I just don't see it as necessary at this point.

Also, it seems like the longer a player plays for Klopp, particularly in midfield, the better they get. I think if we keep the majority of our players here our team gets better simply through coaching and familiarisation of the system, meaning there's more to come from the midfielders that are already here.

Last edited:

Flobs

FADA
He was gash against us. Swerve.
He must be very inconsistent as I have never seen him put in a performance (must go missing more often than Wijnaldum :J) yet so many go on about how good he is. I'm just not a fan and prefer Wijnaldum to him which is saying something. :-)

red arizona scott

He is 23, rangy, athletic and skilled. The question is his attitude. But being motivated to prove France and PSG wrong could be a benefit to his next squad. Spurs are not an upgrade to PSG, Liverpool and Barca and a few other clubs are.

Also I think he is much better defensively than Kieta. Long term Henderson/Gini replacement (both 29 next year). As with Shaqiri, the value and upside relative to what you have to pay is too good not to take a hard look.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
He is 23, rangy, athletic and skilled. The question is his attitude. But being motivated to prove France and PSG wrong could be a benefit to his next squad. Spurs are not an upgrade to PSG, Liverpool and Barca and a few other clubs are.

Also I think he is much better defensively than Kieta. Long term Henderson/Gini replacement (both 29 next year). As with Shaqiri, the value and upside relative to what you have to pay is too good not to take a hard look.

A long-term replacement is needed for Milner sooner rather than later. This guy could be it, it's easy to see Jürgen moulding him into a proper CM. I also think he has more ability and class than Henderson. On a free this could be a bargain buy.

Dave-D

If Rabiot was for sale and wasn’t available on a “free” I still think Liverpool would be casting an eye over him, so him being a free I expect even if he doesn’t join Liverpool that they’ve been talking to him.
Potential world class midfielder don’t come along often especially on a “free”

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
A long-term replacement is needed for Milner sooner rather than later. This guy could be it, it's easy to see Jürgen moulding him into a proper CM. I also think he has more ability and class than Henderson. On a free this could be a bargain buy.
I think Klopp gives Oxlade a chance to prove his fitness before he’d go for someone like Rabiot.

We play either 4231 or 433 pretty much, ignoring the front 3 we have spots for 2 or 3 midfielders per game.

No.6 - Henderson or Fabinho (no upgraded required here)
No.8 - Gini or Keita (no upgrade required here)
No.10 (or 2nd no.8) - Firmino or Shaqiri or Oxlade (no upgrade needed)

Add to that the likes of Lallana and Milner we have excellent depth. If Oxlade wasn’t to recover then yes we need another body, but ultimately I think we either need someone who can play instead of Firmino or alongside him or another wide forward to rotate with Mane/Salah.