• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Adrien Rabiot (CM) PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I'm starting to call him the 'French Max Meyer' who is the biggest joke in football Germany at the moment. When they refused to extend his contract at Schalke his agent said 'Max Meyer is a world class player who would be a starter in most of the big CL clubs in Europe'. He ended up at Palace and the rest is history lol

Dave-D

santana

rabiot is smart calm player but depend on the system and team play style so maybe he will fail in liverpool !
i can not be sure

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I really have always liked this player but all this stuff about his mother has begun to turn me off in wanting to sign him ... I don't know what is all true and what isn't but the things you read about him and his mother are not good.. I can't imagine that going well here... he seems like he could be a problem if he is not always playing. I like that he is a fan of us though and I love how he plays and he has good technique... I think he is a klopp type of player in the midfield. He is similar player to Gini.. in terms of skills and technique and how smart of a player he is... and how he could play in all 3 of klopp's midfield positions with no problem like Gini can. he lacks Gini work rate and stamina but I would rate them overall about the same right now except Rabiot has more potential in terms of adding more goals and assist from the midfield at the age of 23. If Klopp does sign him I'm not going to worry about his mother or attitude because Klopp has brought in nothing but good personalities and team players imo since his arrival.. he has a good sense for that it seems and i'm sure he would make sure Rabiot had that before we ever signed him. I was worried about that with Shaq but it seems that's a non issue with us so just because you hear all this stuff with PSG doesn't mean you will see that here with us under Klopp. there is no question he is a fit for how we play and he is certainly good enough for us

Last edited:

vjcpatriot

I think Klopp gives Oxlade a chance to prove his fitness before he’d go for someone like Rabiot.

We play either 4231 or 433 pretty much, ignoring the front 3 we have spots for 2 or 3 midfielders per game.

No.6 - Henderson or Fabinho (no upgraded required here)
No.8 - Gini or Keita (no upgrade required here)
No.10 (or 2nd no.8) - Firmino or Shaqiri or Oxlade (no upgrade needed)

Add to that the likes of Lallana and Milner we have excellent depth. If Oxlade wasn’t to recover then yes we need another body, but ultimately I think we either need someone who can play instead of Firmino or alongside him or another wide forward to rotate with Mane/Salah.
The thing is that players coming off terrible injuries like Ox are never a guarantee to return to full strength.

It's much better to take the bird in the hand than to speculate on whether a player can make it back 100%.

Speaking of the backup options Lallana is a shell of himself and Milner is on the wrong side of 30.

I get it that some people don't like 'change' but it's better to cut ties early than hang on to players who don't increase the standard of play at LFC.

Rabiot looks like a great opportunity to increase our quality without spending a fortune on transfer fees.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
The thing is that players coming off terrible injuries like Ox are never a guarantee to return to full strength.

It's much better to take the bird in the hand than to speculate on whether a player can make it back 100%.

Speaking of the backup options Lallana is a shell of himself and Milner is on the wrong side of 30.

I get it that some people don't like 'change' but it's better to cut ties early than hang on to players who don't increase the standard of play at LFC.

Rabiot looks like a great opportunity to increase our quality without spending a fortune on transfer fees.
In this scenario, Ox is the bird in the hand.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Not on transfer fees No, but on wages yes because he will want a substantial chunk of what his fees would have been.

As for Ox, he's back now so may very well have a good idea by summer how he is recovering. If not, then there is plenty of room in the squad for him and a new option to feature.

santana

rabiot is a great player
but the midfield is not priority !
we want a defender like vvd and a new striker !

Elessar

rabiot is a great player
but the midfield is not priority !
we want a defender like vvd and a new striker !
I would say that central midfield must be a priority. It is good enough in our own half but not even close to be world class in the attacking half. If the goal is to be the best club on the planet then we must have a world class central mid in both the defensive and attacking half.

Henderson should for example only be a back up player. This season only Wijnaldum have been good enough of our CM. Milner was good before his injury but not even close since then.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I would say that central midfield must be a priority. It is good enough in our own half but not even close to be world class in the attacking half. If the goal is to be the best club on the planet then we must have a world class central mid in both the defensive and attacking half.

Henderson should for example only be a back up player. This season only Wijnaldum have been good enough of our CM. Milner was good before his injury but not even close since then.
Fabinho has been fantastic and is first choice DM (in the defensive half as you put it), Gini has been really consistent this season and is now basically an automatic starter. That leaves Ox and Keita 'for the attacking half' as you say, both of whom should be fit and raring to go for next season. Beyond them Hendo, Shaqiri and Milner are good rotation options, and hopefully Wilson gets and opportunity as well, and conceivably even Grujic who is doing well on loan by all accounts. Midfield is absolutely not the priority this coming summer.

santana

sometimes you see kids play football in the street .. right ?
wrong !
that was .. !allana .

santana

the midfield not only perfect more than perfect because you got fighters like milner and hendo and you got the african pele naby keita with gini in a bottle and the lord of magical pass fabinho so the midfield more than perfect !
you need one striker a finisher like werner and one defender like vvd that is all !
and do not touch the deadly trio ( firmino - mane - salah ) forever because they cause fear for all teams !

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
i don't know but liverpool must buy this magic befor any club !
We have our own, and he's from the same country. Judging by that video alone tells me the league he plays in is very slow, and he doesn't seem to have the speed to play for us too. Very good footwork, but we have that in Fabinho. I'd rather we keep Fabinho than to buy this fella unless you are thinking of farming players for other clubs to make profit.

santana

no no no
he is a magic !
you buy him with 10 million and sell him with 100 million !
take my advice liverpool should move fast befor any club .

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Can Rabiot silkily and silently run back and retrieve the ball leaving the opposing playing sliding 15 yards on his own face,Fabinho can,what a fucking player.

santana

fabinho is the octopus player !
his way of tacking the ball from the opponent very strange .

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
fabinho is the octopus player !
his way of tacking the ball from the opponent very strange .
I said it already when he came in this summer, but he's the player who looks most like Vieira, the great Arsenal player and captain from the Invincibles. But now back to Rabiot, an entirely different player.

santana

rabiat is smart and calm player when the team panic he don't panic and that is the reason i wrote long time a go bring rabiot and he is a champion design, the only problem is that the midfield full of stars so it is better to seek for defender and striker !

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
look at jean pyerre
magic !
I simply love Jean Pyerre

We have our own, and he's from the same country. Judging by that video alone tells me the league he plays in is very slow, and he doesn't seem to have the speed to play for us too. Very good footwork, but we have that in Fabinho. I'd rather we keep Fabinho than to buy this fella unless you are thinking of farming players for other clubs to make profit.
He's from my team, Grêmio, so I know this lad. Let me say now just like I said about Paquetá and Arthur: he will be the next big Brazilian player. World Class in a few years (2~3).

He is nowhere near close to Fabinho's play style, he is a pure playmaker, offensive 8/10. He used to play along with Barcelona's Arthur in U-19 in a double 6 system, but he is so good that he went straight to number 10.

His vision is something unbelievable. I was looking at the ones who were called for Brazil NT today and there's not a single player with Jean Pyerre's vision and long ball skills.

The only downside is that he is not exaclty a very combative player. He is more of a classical number 8/10, with amazing technique, but not someone who would run his socks off, and it's something he is trying to change because last time someone as good as him appeared (Ganso), he flopped very hard (and people in 2009/2010 used to say here in Brazil that Ganso would be the star, not Neymar).

I don't think he would fit naturally in Klopp's style, he is more of a Barcelona player, but I think eventually he could fit. I don't think we need someone like Rabiot, who's a good box-to-box, but he is nowhere near a playmaker and we need a playmaker at this point. We already have Fabinho, Keita, Henderson and Gini, now we need someone like Isco, Aouar, or even someone like Jean Pyerre. Too bad he is not ready just yet. In one or two years this 20 yeal old boy will be recognised just like Arthur.

Last edited:

Red over the water

It all broke down in discussions with Barcelona because they were going through tactical stuff, and the possible positions he would play, and his mum didn't like what she saw. Being a big fan of Dirty Dancing, his mum said,

"Nobody puts Raby in the corner."

Jamie91

I have a feeling that this guy will sign for us. With Milner and Lallana departing.

Status
Not open for further replies.