• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Alberto Moreno (LB) to Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_11

I get a weird sinking feeling any time I see Moreno getting ready to come on the pitch, like something bad is about to happen.

I see all over social media that he does spend a lot of time and has quite the friendship with Coutinho and Firmino. Do you reckon this would impact in any way Klopp's decision into whether to bin Moreno off this summer or keep him in the squad - albeit for morale/squad unity purposes?

I know these guys are professionals but just wanted to see peoples views.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
There is no way Klopp keeps anyone around based solely on them being likeable.

He might get shot of someone who's not likeable, but they are meant to be footballers first, not good blokes.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
I get a weird sinking feeling any time I see Moreno getting ready to come on the pitch, like something bad is about to happen.

I see all over social media that he does spend a lot of time and has quite the friendship with Coutinho and Firmino. Do you reckon this would impact in any way Klopp's decision into whether to bin Moreno off this summer or keep him in the squad - albeit for morale/squad unity purposes?

If there was just one other in the group. But Phil and Roberto were good pals long before Moreno joined the mix. And those are the two to be concerned about.

NYRhockey

I don't think Klopp would have a problem letting Moreno go. Besides, it looks like Jurgen had to be restrained from killing him already

Rybo_11

I don't think Klopp would have a problem letting Moreno go. Besides, it looks like Jurgen had to be restrained from killing him already

I feel like I need to be restrained when I see him on the pitch sometimes so I can't blame Jurgen!

So frustrating as he has the physical tools but absolutely not a Salomon Kalou....

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I feel like I need to be restrained when I see him on the pitch sometimes so I can't blame Jurgen!

So frustrating as he has the physical tools but absolutely not a Salomon Kalou....
Delete "has the", insert 'is a'. Of course, the object should be singular.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
What I can't get my head around is why a class team like Napoli would want to sign this left-back impostor?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
What I can't get my head around is why a class team like Napoli would want to sign this left-back impostor?

SOMEBODY SHUT THIS FUCKING GUY UP.....DELETE HIS ACCOUNT...ANYTHING....

back to Moreno.....sad to see him go, if you want a brief snapshot of his time here, just google Moreno vs Spurs goal......madness to think we are forced to letting him go...for a measly fifteeeeee.......err....twenty mil....daylight robbery

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Mario Rui's agent:

“There’s about €1-1.5m in the balance. It’s a minimal distance, but one of the two clubs has to make the decisive step to close the deal.

“I hope this will be the week, but I don’t think everything can be done by Friday. I think it’ll be completed next week.

“A month ago we thought that Rui would stay at Roma and play with the Giallorossi, but then Napoli made a determined approach via the director of sport, Coach and President.

“The club made a very important offer for the player, proving their intention to sign Mario Rui, and that’s where everything changed. The Azzurri really believe in his abilities.”

We'll see if that happens and what does it mean for Moreno.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I think it's quite sad to see a Liverpool player get so much abuse from our own supporters.

We all know that he is not first team material and will need to move on.

If we can get our money back on him then happy days.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Looks like the EA sports bloke is about to get a right hook from Klopp.lol
I'm telling ya...every time the refs get their schedules the fourth-officials must shit when they see our games...

Fucking great...got that nutter again, screaming in my ear and spitting all over me for 90mins...

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Watching that vid, one realizes how much he loves the desperation, from-behind tackle. Stunning when it comes off, a penalty when it doesn't.

The kid does have speed and talent. One can see what the club saw when they purchased him. He just turned 25, so just coming into his prime. I do hope he finds a spot somewhere and realizes his potential.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Feels a little strange watching this, can't help but feel he plays the game in a whole hearted way almost like a boy.i find it quite endearing really.he should also have had a shit load of assists as well looking at some of the naff finishing.
Watching that vid, one realizes how much he loves the desperation, from-behind tackle. Stunning when it comes off, a penalty when it doesn't.

The kid does have speed and talent. One can see what the club saw when they purchased him. He just turned 25, so just coming into his prime. I do hope he finds a spot somewhere and realizes his potential.
Yeah, that video is a bit of an eye-opener, isn't it? We all remember his terrible moments, and thus tend to write him off. But if he was playing at another club, and we were linked with him, everyone would be stunned about his pace, his energy / strength and his ability to create something. Even his defensive moments are mostly brilliant. But the problem is that he made a few so horrible mistakes in key moments of key games, which makes us forget all the good moments. And obviously, it was enough for Klopp to put him on the bench for the whole of last season.

But yes, he's just entering his prime and will have learnt a lot from these difficult moments, and also from being put on the sidelines last season... I think the club is right to hold on to a high valuation of him. If no-one matches that, then I'm fine with Klopp trying to get the best out of him next season.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Yeah, that video is a bit of an eye-opener, isn't it?
Don't know about it being an eye opener, he is and always has been the type of defender that will beat you on a foot race. His problem lies in lack of confidence with his right foot and awareness of his surrounding. Which is why we constantly sees him rushing back to win back the tackles, and even his tackles he led with his left. That's his limitation which he needs to overcome and should overcome after so many years of playing.

His work rate is always there, those who love Lucas should appreciate this fella too. Lucas and his slow jog back and "hold his position" this fella is rather opposite. But both never complained, no showing attitude or fuss when not being picked. Whenever was called upon, he will play to the best of his level permits. Only problem is his level isn't high enough for us.

dxb_red

I'd like to see him loaned out for a season before we give up on him. I think part of his problem is that the lack of regular playing time means that whenever he is called upon he is understandably eager to perform and impress and probably is a bit too "up for it". That could explain why he charges around like a headless chicken. I think a season of regular football with a lower table team would do him the world of good.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
(...) Only problem is his level isn't high enough for us.
Agree with everything, including this here. But does he have the potential to be good enough for us? I guess that's Klopp job to find out...

YeGra

Yeah you watch that video and from an outside point of view you're wondering why Real Madrid aren't clawing at us to get him for 60mil.

You don't see the bad stuff though when it comes to YouTube compilations it goes to show

On a side note, why do compilations insist on giving 29 close ups of the player being idle before getting to the actual content. Makes no sense

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
On a side note, why do compilations insist on giving 29 close ups of the player being idle before getting to the actual content. Makes no sense
I question why would you go count the amount of closeups when you can just slide it forward.... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.