• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Alberto Moreno (LB) to Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge

So apparently Swansea bid 13mil for him. Just sell him already, we not getting more money for him!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Sorry to see he is in the Asia Cup squad. I really want to see him gone.

mac2005

what are we waiting for? 13m is decent and we need to get rid of him. i don't want any situation next season where he could be involved.

Dave-D

May just be a front for potential low ball offers. If the club don't get the money they want he will stay and give all our fans a heart attack when he's seen coming on.
He didn't come out last season complaining about lack of game time.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
He's on the flight to Hong Kong...unlike Lucas.

I read that as there's no interest in him, or until we sign a replacement (likely Roberston), Moreno will continue to be part of the squad.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
He's on the flight to Hong Kong...unlike Lucas.

I read that as there's no interest in him, or until we sign a replacement (likely Roberston), Moreno will continue to be part of the squad.
I read it as the fact Milner would be our only LB in the squad otherwise. Possible shop window for Albie as well.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
About the shop window bit; is that really a thing nowadays? Isn't that a thing from the past, when scouts actually had to travel around to do their job? Every club who can afford Wyscout probably knows pretty much everything about everyone now, and especially a high profile player like Moreno. I doubt clubs who may be interested learn anything about him they don't already know, based on a couple of pre-season games.

treboeth

Anyone else think the plan is to pinch his passport and leave him there?

Maybe the Chinese teams will mistake him for someone else and put a Mega bid in for him.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
About the shop window bit; is that really a thing nowadays? Isn't that a thing from the past, when scouts actually had to travel around to do their job? Every club who can afford Wyscout probably knows pretty much everything about everyone now, and especially a high profile player like Moreno. I doubt clubs who may be interested learn anything about him they don't already know, based on a couple of pre-season games.
Maybe but there's not a lot of recent performances to Base a decision on him on. Sure you can know how he used to play a year or two ago. But fitness levels, has he kept his speed, has he turned lazy on the pitch. Things like that you still need to actually watch him play.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I think a club will still want to see a players live, just to see what he is like in reality... but I think scouting is far more complexed nowadays. I think its a mixture of seeing them live, software stats, the videos the clubs "video makers" ( for want of a better word) who make videos based on the qualities we seek, plus the psychiatrists view as to whether he has the right personality for the club.

Strictly Armchair

Anyone else think the plan is to pinch his passport and leave him there?

Maybe the Chinese teams will mistake him for someone else and put a Mega bid in for him.
Or think that his tats are some subtle, artistic expression condemning the ways of modern Western life. The tat of the chimpanzee holding a gun could be said to be an erudite comment on the state of homo sapiens' tortuous relationship with firearms and other species of the primate family ... or something.

Either way, anything north of £10m and we should be ripping their arms off (in the way a chimpanzee wielding a firearm probably would). If, as has been reported, we have already turned down £11m then we'd better hope that a better offer will be forthcoming from somewhere. Mind you, we got quite a bit more for some players (Ibe, Allen, Brad Smith, etc.) than I thought we would last year so plenty of time yet to boost the coffers and give Albie a pay-off in tattoo vouchers.

Crowd funding page required for Ubermick's petrol I reckon.

Dodge City

Looks like the £15 mil scared off Napoli. He is a useful player - probably better suited to a back three side playing as a wingback in a mid-table side (exactly like Swansea). But yeah - take any £13 mil bids and get shut. He isn't top six quality I'm afraid.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Now Robertson has signed I wouldn't be shocked if Alberto leaves shortly

Flobs

FADA
As some of you might know I a a fan of Moreno. He has good technique and as we saw in the HK final against LCFC his overlapping runs have more than 1 purpose, even if it didn't create the opportunity for Coutinho's goal (that was on Phil) his run pulled 2 defenders out helping to create the space that definitely helped in the goal.
I wouldn't mind if he stayed. The only worry I have is that he has lost the fan base support which can not be good for his confidence making it very difficult for Klopp to bring him back in to a 1st team role.
He would be a real asset to some spanish, portugese or Italian team I reckon.

NoRushtoscore

I read something today about how close Moreno and Coutinho are. They had a close friendship with Lucas and Firmino-but Lucas has now gone and Firmino is moving house to 20 miles away. Dilemma-would it be worth keeping Moreno to ensure Coutinho doesn't get unsettled (in view of the Barca bid), regardless of his impact on the pitch?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I read something today about how close Moreno and Coutinho are. They had a close friendship with Lucas and Firmino-but Lucas has now gone and Firmino is moving house to 20 miles away. Dilemma-would it be worth keeping Moreno to ensure Coutinho doesn't get unsettled (in view of the Barca bid), regardless of his impact on the pitch?
Don't worry mate, nobody is going to pay £15m for Moreno. So I don't see him moving.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
As some of you might know I a a fan of Moreno. He has good technique and as we saw in the HK final against LCFC his overlapping runs have more than 1 purpose, even if it didn't create the opportunity for Coutinho's goal (that was on Phil) his run pulled 2 defenders out helping to create the space that definitely helped in the goal.
I wouldn't mind if he stayed. The only worry I have is that he has lost the fan base support which can not be good for his confidence making it very difficult for Klopp to bring him back in to a 1st team role.
He would be a real asset to some spanish, portugese or Italian team I reckon.
I agree with you in that respect, even if he stays for one more season.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I know this sounds a bit weird, I feel we kind of need someone like Lucas (off the pitch and helping the Latin contingent of players coming in) to keep the moral support for each other. You know what I mean here. I heard Couting is quite shy in reality and he is young, he does need to have some of his Spanish and Portuguese speaking fellows around him.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
Is it true Firmino converses in German with Klopp, but he can speak a little English as well?

Danny_

what are we waiting for? 13m is decent and we need to get rid of him. i don't want any situation next season where he could be involved.
I guess we are doing what everyone else is doing and waiting until the last month of the transfer window before we let players go.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
Well I'd expect that is the case, if he picked up German in the time he was there he will be picking up English.
I never seen himspeak in English in the video interviews I have seen. He should do by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.