• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Alberto Moreno (LB) to Lazio

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
We should take the money. Whatever someone offers. 13m is a good deal. Lets not haggle.
Depends on structure. If its £5 up front with the rest based on performance related criteria that are unlikely to be met, then it isnt. I dont get the impression Napoli are a club that routinely pay a lot up front or generously.

treboeth

Does anyone know the answers:-
1. Does the Hong Kong return flight path go anywhere Naples
2. Is there any truth in the rumour Klopp was seen packing a parachute in to Moreno`s backpack.
3. What would be a safe jump height from a commercial flight/would it be better to strap him beneath a wing.
4. Could we trust Napoli to send us the cash first in case Moreno forgets to pull the cord.

Just curious :wave:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I never seen himspeak in English in the video interviews I have seen. He should do by now.
Hmmm

Ever tried to learn a language, if he can speak English it's probably as mixed up as Klopp's is maybe he just doesn't feel confident in it.

Limiescouse

Hmmm

Ever tried to learn a language, if he can speak English it's probably as mixed up as Klopp's is maybe he just doesn't feel confident in it.
That's pretty common. Was it Conte who didnt speak English for about 6 months at his press conferences? This despite everyone knowing he could speak English just fine and that he took training in english. It's one thing being able to effectively communicate in a second (or third) language. It's another to be confident enough to do so on the record.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Does anyone know the answers:-

3. What would be a safe jump height from a commercial flight/would it be better to strap him beneath a wing.

Just curious :wave:
Does he really need a parachute? We could just throw h
That's pretty common. Was it Conte who didnt speak English for about 6 months at his press conferences? This despite everyone knowing he could speak English just fine and that he took training in english. It's one thing being able to effectively communicate in a second (or third) language. It's another to be confident enough to do so on the record.
Not sure about Conte, but Poch had a translator for his time at Southampton when doing an interview despite admitting he could speak English.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Does anyone else think that we may actually keep hold of Alberto? It's said that we will be using different systems during the season. Providing he is no where our defence.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
With Moreno, it has come to a point where he can't fit anywhere in our team.
Horrible in defence, and not burning the asphalt either with his attacking side.
He would be my 5th choice (After Milner, Robertson, TAA, Flanno).

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
He's bad at everything bar running, bottle flipping, picking shit tattoos and hoverboarding. Really, really bad.

I too would also have Flanno ahead of him, even if he does struggle physically these days. There is no space for Moreno, I have him down as our 7th best fullback, not taking into account the players who've never played there.

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
If Moreno does stay another year, is there any other position he can be trained to do, even though he may come on as a substitute?
There must be something he could do to be of use. He couldn't been that bad a footballer, he was at Sevilla which is a good team. Klopp usually gets the best out of even below average players. It is baffling he hasn't improved in his time at An field.

Maybe Moreno is not suited to this league. Di Maria didn't do well at Man Utd but seems to be thriving at PSG.

LondonRich

We need to stop playing him in pre-season. He is doing everything to lower his price or make himself unsellable.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
If Moreno does stay another year, is there any other position he can be trained to do, even though he may come on as a substitute?
There must be something he could do to be of use. He couldn't been that bad a footballer, he was at Sevilla which is a good team. Klopp usually gets the best out of even below average players. It is baffling he hasn't improved in his time at An field.

Maybe Moreno is not suited to this league. Di Maria didn't do well at Man Utd but seems to be thriving at PSG.
Di Maria started off well at Utd but dropped off after being shunted around by the manager. Also, he never really wanted to be there but couldnt get the move he had wanted that summer. Dont think it was an issue around being suited to the league.

Flobs

FADA

Moreno is a lost cause at LFC. The fans just won't buy in now.
Technically he's good, he's also fast and has amazing timing with his sliding tackles. He could do a good job at left midfield in some other league (thinking Scottish premiership or something like that).
Since he's been with us he's improved his heading but, from what I've seen, he's lost some confidence going forward. So I predict any team that takes him will need to be patient. (Not dissimilar to Di Maria who had a pretty slow start at PSG and exasperated some supporters though there was quite some expectation with that move).

(N.B Moreno hasn't the quality to be considered at PSG)

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
In fairness I think I would thrive at PSG
I think Serie A, that's slower league isn't it?

Moreno is a lost cause at LFC. The fans just won't buy in now.
Technically he's good, he's also fast and has amazing timing with his sliding tackles. He could do a good job at left midfield in some other league (thinking Scottish premiership or something like that).
Since he's been with us he's improved his heading but, from what I've seen, he's lost some confidence going forward. So I predict any team that takes him will need to be patient. (Not dissimilar to Di Maria who had a pretty slow start at PSG and exasperated some supporters though there was quite some expectation with that move).

(N.B Moreno hasn't the quality to be considered at PSG)
I think he has lost his confidence too and Klopp is still trying to persevere with him to an extent to help Moreno, so if/when he does move to another club, he will have left with some improved attributes. Klopp really praises him a lot in that Moreno works hard in training and has a good attitude as well.

Sold Heskey

Freedom ain't free...
Thinking he would do well in an attacking side that didn't have to focus on defending too much...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Thinking he would do well in an attacking side that didn't have to focus on defending too much...
He wouldn't. He is mediocre going forward.

Besides the only teams that applies too is teams at the top of their league. He might get a go in Greece, Turkey, Holland or Portugal if he's lucky, but no top European side would have a player of such limited ability in their team.

Limiescouse

Di Maria started off well at Utd but dropped off after being shunted around by the manager. Also, he never really wanted to be there but couldnt get the move he had wanted that summer. Dont think it was an issue around being suited to the league.
His house also got robbed, resulting in him moving into a hotel for the added security and basically turning into a hermit.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
He wouldn't. He is mediocre going forward.

Besides the only teams that applies too is teams at the top of their league. He might get a go in Greece, Turkey, Holland or Portugal if he's lucky, but no top European side would have a player of such limited ability in their team.
until he met us!!!

RMP

TIA First Team
Wasn't he also a part of one of the Sevilla squad that won the Europa League. He reminds me of Ryan Babel. You would think we live and learn.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I think the hope is that as the window gets closer to shutting, teams will get more desperate, and are more likely to cough up the asking price.

Problem with that theory is that I can't see any club being that desperate. I mean, can't really picture an irate manager screaming at the suits upstairs saying that he'd based his 2017-18 season around Alberto Moreno...