Alberto Moreno (LB) to Lazio

Jase

If Moreno does stay another year, is there any other position he can be trained to do, even though he may come on as a substitute?
There must be something he could do to be of use. He couldn't been that bad a footballer, he was at Sevilla which is a good team. Klopp usually gets the best out of even below average players. It is baffling he hasn't improved in his time at An field.

Maybe Moreno is not suited to this league. Di Maria didn't do well at Man Utd but seems to be thriving at PSG.
Tea lady possibly, but he'd probably still find a way to get himself sent off

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Allez les rouges - we ain't never gonna stop..
Might be a deal in the offing for makeweight purchase.... some Spanish or Italian side probably... we get a squad player in return... seems to me that we need incoming before he gets parachuted off...

Limiescouse

Dont buy the hype (unless you a foreign club looking for a new LB). Apparently Albie's middle name is Smicer.

NathanLfc

We don't need the money. We don't need to sell, nobody wants our money anyway, he's friends with Coutinho and after that display against bayern there's defo some potential in there...loads of it. Sorry Napoli I think we have ourselves a spanish Marcelo here who just needs to Mature a little bit.

Scouser268

TIA Youth Team
Klopp's gamble paid off.

Moreno performed better than we could have thought in our wildest dreams. We know it's a one off, he can't possibly play like that ever again. He justified his price tag and let the bidding begin.

richieh10

I'm not so sure we will sell!
If we aren't getting Keita or going for any other CM then I can see Milner being that centre midfielder and maybe Moreno and Robbo to fight it out for LB?

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
I am surprised that he has been involved to the extent he has during preseason.

He may be fitter than he has been before and that's why his game improved so much last night.

Then again it could be a one of in order to get himself a deal.

I would still sell though.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Was damn good against Bayern.I believe he has the potential to be a teriffic left back with Kloppo's coaching. Won't be overly surprised if we keep and develop him.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I'm sure we didn't buy Robertson to be cover for Moreno, and Milner is not going to be playing regularly, if at all, at CM. Napoli can now see why we value him so highly (snigger) and will now of course be keen to cough up the 15 million and get themselves such an exciting prospect. We will of course mourn his departure.

Not.

Halftime Ice

Was damn good against Bayern.I believe he has the potential to be a teriffic left back with Kloppo's coaching. Won't be overly surprised if we keep and develop him.
Wouldn't bother me if he stayed,he could do a job further up the field as well,gives us options.

Halftime Ice

I'm sure we didn't buy Robertson to be cover for Moreno, and Milner is not going to be playing regularly, if at all, at CM. Napoli can now see why we value him so highly (snigger) and will now of course be keen to cough up the 15 million and get themselves such an exciting prospect. We will of course mourn his departure.

Not.
The very little I've seen of Robertson,I like,but he isn't proven at the top level yet. As for Milner, he can play almost anywhere.I think while he is here, and the squad continues to develop,I think he will be basically be our utility man. It wasn't that long ago he was playing on the right wing and leading the assist charts.
S

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
The very little I've seen of Robertson,I like,but he isn't proven at the top level yet. As for Milner, he can play almost anywhere.I think while he is here, and the squad continues to develop,I think he will be basically be our utility man. It wasn't that long ago he was playing on the right wing and leading the assist charts.
S
And Moreno is proven at the top level? A proven f**k up. Sorry but I'm pretty unforgiving. Moreno cost us the Europa League and if I'd been in charge I would have got rid of him last summer. So he's playing well in pre-season friendlies knowing that he's in the shop window. Good. He's smarter than I thought he was.

Halftime Ice

And Moreno is proven at the top level? A proven f**k up. Sorry but I'm pretty unforgiving. Moreno cost us the Europa League and if I'd been in charge I would have got rid of him last summer. So he's playing well in pre-season friendlies knowing that he's in the shop window. Good. He's smarter than I thought he was.
I didn't say he was top level mate,but he has played at the top level with us and Seville,and quite frankly,he is talented. It might just take him longer to sort his shit out,we are not all the same after all.
As regards to the Europa league final, I'm long over that. Plenty of other players have fucked up and cost us important matches,no player means to,it's just the game. Bust my toe on the coffee table two months ago,I didn't mean to,you get the idea,it's just shit that happens.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
He fucked up against Villarreal in both legs too, but fortunately we got away with it. He was also Sevilla's worst player in their Europa league final.

Pretty poor and at fault in our league cup final as well...

rabbit

hell just gunna say it...
i want moreno around this season. he's been largely awful, buttttt in flashes he's brilliant. at 25, this is the year he becomes the player he is for the prime of his career. he has all the tools, his mind has just been behind in developement...

but i want him around. not necessarily as a fullback. hypothecially- it's January, playing 3 games a week, and one of mane and salah are injured... i would trust him as an improvised winger more than i would, say Ryan Kent at this point (though i do rate Kent). despite his numbskullery, he has raw pace to burn, and a real left foot.

and if, by a miracle chance, his game against Bayern wasn't a fluke, he has a real role to play.

(also though, if someone came in at 15m, i'd bite tbh. i just don't think he'll fetch that currently)

T.C.B

One good performance in a preseason game hardly means he is suddenly turned the corner. It might indicate that he is better than many believed but he has a history of shitting the bed in plenty of games. I would still take anything north of 15M if it was offered to be honest.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I'm not so sure we will sell!
If we aren't getting Keita or going for any other CM then I can see Milner being that centre midfielder and maybe Moreno and Robbo to fight it out for LB?
Don't see that. For the number 6 anchor role he'd be behind Henderson and Can and I could even see Alexander-Arnold given a game or two there as part of his development. At box to box Gini and Can would be ahead of him, maybe even Grujic and Coutinho. At CAM he'd certainly be at best third option behind Lallana and Coutinho and we have Ejaria and Woodburn around needing chances too. I'd see Milner play very very little in CM now. However he's still currently our best LB.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Nice to see JAR getting in on the act. And Moreno being a sport.

John Arne Riise

@JARiiseOfficial
Moreno, can you turn it all around? Would freaking love it man! Even I doubted you, but things might change my fellow left back

Follow

Alberto Moreno

@lfc18alberto
Thanks mate

8:14 PM - Aug 2, 2017
* 99 99 Replies
386 386 Retweets
3,080 3,080 likes

Limiescouse

hell just gunna say it...
i want moreno around this season. he's been largely awful, buttttt in flashes he's brilliant. at 25, this is the year he becomes the player he is for the prime of his career. he has all the tools, his mind has just been behind in developement...

but i want him around. not necessarily as a fullback. hypothecially- it's January, playing 3 games a week, and one of mane and salah are injured... i would trust him as an improvised winger more than i would, say Ryan Kent at this point (though i do rate Kent). despite his numbskullery, he has raw pace to burn, and a real left foot.
There is nothing he did with the ball yesterday that he would be able to do if starting in the more advanced position of a winger.

I think it's also notable that he got incredibly lucky with the "assist" for Salah's goal. He got into a decent position and just walloped it, and two deflections later it was on Salah's head. Contrast that with the disallowed goal Kent created. He made the opportunity solely out of his own skill, then picked out the right pass.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
There is nothing he did with the ball yesterday that he would be able to do if starting in the more advanced position of a winger.
Yes. There's a difference between coming from deep into space and starting from further up the pitch. He doesn't have the quality to deliver from a standing start or in tight spaces, and he won't have the movement or finishing to be an effective wide forward.

It also has to be noted just how open Bayern were. Maybe City or Arsenal may come close to replicating that but no other English sides will. He's had 3 years here and his goals scored and assists tally over what is not an insignificant length of time paint a truer picture than yesterday did.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Yeah lets get him sold. 15m is fair.

Ahmed Hussain

Sad guy with no life :(
Nice to see JAR getting in on the act. And Moreno being a sport.

John Arne Riise

@JARiiseOfficial
Moreno, can you turn it all around? Would freaking love it man! Even I doubted you, but things might change my fellow left back

Follow

Alberto Moreno

@lfc18alberto
Thanks mate

8:14 PM - Aug 2, 2017
* 99 99 Replies
386 386 Retweets
3,080 3,080 likes
200_s.gif

Sweeting

1 swallow does not a summer make.

He's been shite for far too long to forgive him for a decent run out in a pre-season friendly.

treboeth

Just going to post these from 2 weeks ago in the unreliable rumours thread.
I know this will be as popular as a fart in a spacesuit, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Klopp wanted to keep Moreno and retrain him to play as a winger.
#shootmascot.
:shocked:
Maybe that training has already been accomplished last season ;-)
Shocked at how well he played last night .

Sold Heskey

Freedom ain't free...
Wouldn't read too much into his performance the other day. We still need to get rid...