Alberto Moreno (LB) to Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a better player than many give him credit for, and Klopp seems to like him, but I still think he'll leave if the club get an offer that meets their valuation of the player.

No great harm if he stays - seems to be a good professional and a nice guy, and he won't get many competitive minutes unless Klopp thinks he can replicate his Bayern performance - but I still hope we can cash in. Pace is always an attractive quality, and Moreno has plenty of it, so as long as he has that he will have market value. There's bound to be someone out there who get unsure about what they have when the deadline approaches, and at least want to test how determined we are about sticking to the valuation.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Does Klopp like him though? He started 2 out of 38 premier league games last season, and only because Milner was unavailable for both. Milner also started both of our semi final legs against Soton. Klopp was very reluctant to use Moreno.

Limiescouse

Aye. There were a couple of times he moved Clyne over to the left and brought in TAA on the right rather than play Moreno. In a team that had 3 full backs he was 4th choice.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Unless it has finally clicked.. I doubt it, but sometimes fullbacks do mature at a different rate. I'd keep him for the season just to keep Coutinho happy.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Unless it has finally clicked.. I doubt it, but sometimes fullbacks do mature at a different rate. I'd keep him for the season just to keep Coutinho happy.
Exactly. He is still relatively young. Not everyone matures at the same rate and from what I have seen of him he seems quite immature.

He has a lot of good qualities, if he his game awareness/defensive ability improves (a lot) then fair play to him, lets back him all the way, he is at least worth another season to give him the chance to improve.

LondonRich

oh for heavens sake. 2 reasonable pre season games and we think he has a future at LFC? No no no no

NOOOOO

Long term data says he is average. We need to sell him and sell him fast.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno wanted by Watford in £15m deal
WATFORD are ready to splash £15 million on snatching full back Alberto Moreno away from Liverpool.

Napoli wanted to sign the Spaniard at the end of last season but Liverpool rejected an £11 million bid, refusing to let Moreno leave on the cheap.

Moreno, 25, has given Kop boss Jurgen Klopp food for thought with impressive pre-season performances.

But Andrew Robertson’s £10 million arrival and the ever presence of James Milner at left back leaves Moreno well down the pecking order.

Liverpool burst back into Premier League action at Watford this weekend but it’s not clear whether a deal can be hammered out between the two clubs by then.

Moreno joined the Reds in 2014 from Sevilla in a £12 million deal.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno wanted by Watford in £15m deal
WATFORD are ready to splash £15 million on snatching full back Alberto Moreno away from Liverpool.

Napoli wanted to sign the Spaniard at the end of last season but Liverpool rejected an £11 million bid, refusing to let Moreno leave on the cheap.

Moreno, 25, has given Kop boss Jurgen Klopp food for thought with impressive pre-season performances.

But Andrew Robertson’s £10 million arrival and the ever presence of James Milner at left back leaves Moreno well down the pecking order.

Liverpool burst back into Premier League action at Watford this weekend but it’s not clear whether a deal can be hammered out between the two clubs by then.

Moreno joined the Reds in 2014 from Sevilla in a £12 million deal.
Sell after we play them next week.

Dont risk him having a blinder

Elessar

If he got better in the defensive half then he would be one of the best left backs in the PL. Maybe Klopp learned him just that. He reminds me about Rose. Not that great his first seasons and then learned how to defend and is now one of the best left backs in the league.

mac2005

If he got better in the defensive half then he would be one of the best left backs in the PL. Maybe Klopp learned him just that. He reminds me about Rose. Not that great his first seasons and then learned how to defend and is now one of the best left backs in the league.
:shocked::shocked:lollollollol

Elessar

I think that he will be our first choice left back after a month or two this season.

carragold

TIA Youth Team
I think that he will be our first choice left back after a month or two this season.
After one or two good performances in friendly matches?
Average players can look good in a friendly match. Imo you can't judge a player on a friendly. Where it matters it will show he has no positional awareness and will be a liability when it comes to defending. Also his attacking play is overrated and not as productive as people make him out to be.

Samwise the Brave

It is funny how quickly opinions change.

I too am willing to give him a chance if Klopp sees something in him, but let's not forget we all wanted him to go desperately up until the Bayern match. These are preseason games and there's no guarantee he'll be any better once the season starts.

I think the optimism comes from trusting Klopp more than 45 odd minutes against a good side. I'm ok with that though...in Klopp we trust.

According to Klopp recent comments, seems like Moreno and Robertson is Klopp LB and Milner as a replacement for Naby Keita. What's your opinion guys?

mac2005

last two games vs bayern and yesterday we barely had to defend and i didn't see the lad do anything defensively great so where has all this come from??

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
It is funny how quickly opinions change.

I too am willing to give him a chance if Klopp sees something in him, but let's not forget we all wanted him to go desperately up until the Bayern match. These are preseason games and there's no guarantee he'll be any better once the season starts.

I think the optimism comes from trusting Klopp more than 45 odd minutes against a good side. I'm ok with that though...in Klopp we trust.
Klopp isn't someone who can change opinion over night but perhaps this arbitrary "U-turn" over Moreno's future is a consequence of combination of multiple factors, namely Lallana's injury and not strengthening the squad with the likes of Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain. I doubt two, admittedly more than decent halves in pre-season suddenly herald the arrival of Moreno Liverpool thought they were buying three years ago. I shudder to think what happens the next time he has a brain fart that leads to Liverpool conceding...

Elessar

He have never played in a defensive system. It takes time to learn how to defend.

How many of the very good young left backs is very good defending? The answer is not many, not many at all. Almost all of them is much better in the attacking half.

One of the best left backs ever, Roberto Carlos, wasn't that fantastic in the defensive half. I am not saying that Moreno is even close to be as good Carlos was. He isn't.

What I am saying is that you won't find many left or right backs that is good in both the attacking and defensive half. Many of the top class left/right backs is much better in the attacking half.

last two games vs bayern and yesterday we barely had to defend and i didn't see the lad do anything defensively great so where has all this come from??
As much as i am worried about Moreno he has performed very well recently and you can't take that away from him,i hope the confidence of others in him kinda rubs off on me as i don't really dislike the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.