• Goalposts (yawn)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sack of cash

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Tries to lean on Karius, who drops him

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Worried Achterberg

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Contract table. Which it obviously will be.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Degsy’s World Cup runner up medal. He hasn’t taken it off yet.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Desperate for content Express journalists.

• 10,000 scouse OAPs having their pacemakers checked.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Nabil Fekir, who is leaning the other way.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • No lean. We’re all just getting carried away.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Rio Festival headdress

• Ray Clemmo’s goalie gloves.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Bobby F’s gorgeous new silver locks.

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil123

Karius has been looking good lately, if this is true, what will happen to him?

treboeth

"Current Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet appears to have lost his place to Loris Karius in recent weeks, with the latter starting in the 5-0 Champions League win at Porto on Tuesday".
from the link, very suspicious when they get the basics wrong.

Dave-D

Mignolet will be off in the summer as I doubt he’ll want to stick around after Klopp saying Karius is his No.1 and even more so if Alisson joins.

Karius tho is a different situation completely, he’s just been instated as No.1 and hasn’t even had a run of 10 straight games yet and theres rumours he’s being replaced. Either Klopp rates Alisson so highly he’s willing to sell Karius or thinks Karius will be happy as back up, which I wouldn’t be surprised if Karius wasn’t happy about especially if (touch wood) he does well between now and the end of the season.

Then there’s Ward, what is the plan with him does the club sell him at the end of the season or loan him out to an EPL team next season.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Ward almost certainly will be leaving. Klopp doesn't seem to rate him at all.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Imo this rumour is a bit strange, it feels a bit as if someone from outside wants to unsettle our players just right at the moment when Karius starts to find his confidence back. Tbh I can't see Klopp doing this "at this moment" and if so they would do this more "secretly" if you get my point?

Redopium

I wouldn't be getting too excited about the Alisson rumours, it's also rumoured he's about to sign a new contract, hopefully Karius will step up and we can spend the money elsewhere.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
One of the most highly sought after 'keepers in the game. We've had goalkeeping issues for most of this decade.

Yep, bring him in. 4 good games from Karius is nice but not enough to convince me that we shouldn't be looking at this kind of deal just yet. If he carries on like this for the rest of the season, maybe we can look at giving him the role long term, if not, it's smart to have done the leg work on this early.

As for the fee, I'm not fussed. Better to spend big on certain targets than evenly spread out money on a load of shite (Everton say hello). Keane, Pickford and Klassen cost a bit more than VVD, who got better value? Lindelof cost half of Van Dijk...

Same with Alisson. If he's the best out there, bring him in. We don't need loads of players, we just need a few great ones. Van Dijk and Keita signalled a shift towards that, getting the best available in rather than settling for someone decent. Not every transfer will be like that (unlike at City, who would still have spent waaaaay more than us if this transfer comes off), still room for a Robertson instead of Mendy for example, but we can afford to have a splurge here and there.

GermanRed

I wouldn't be getting too excited about the Alisson rumours, it's also rumoured he's about to sign a new contract, hopefully Karius will step up and we can spend the money elsewhere.
It’s been said that he rejected to sign a new contract.

Agree with you. We have to cover like 5 positions (goal, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, left wing competition/backUp, Firmino backUp). Can’t spent like 35% of our transfer budget on one player.

GermanRed

As for the fee, I'm not fussed. Better to spend big on certain targets

Same with Alisson. If he's the best out there, bring him in. We don't need loads of players, we just need a few great ones.
What if his fee is 40% of our summer transfer budget but we still have to cover DM, Playmaker, left wing competition/BackUp and striker competition/BackUp

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What if his fee is 40% of our summer transfer budget but we still have to cover DM, Playmaker, left wing competition/BackUp and striker competition/BackUp
You can merge the last 3 into 2 players. I don't think we'll be making 5 significant signings in addition to Keita.

Add a few truly excellent players and work with what is already here to plug the other holes. That sounds more like Klopp than totally overhauling the midfield.

Alisson, Keita, a midfielder and a versatile forward. That would do it for me.

Imo this rumour is a bit strange, it feels a bit as if someone from outside wants to unsettle our players just right at the moment when Karius starts to find his confidence back. Tbh I can't see Klopp doing this "at this moment" and if so they would do this more "secretly" if you get my point?
@Livvy I have to say when I first saw this story - that is what came to mind - someone possibly trying to unsettle the camp - unminding game playing. If so don't think it will have any effect on Karius. He is starting to appear more relaxed and confident - good to see - would dearly love him to prove his worth.

Am I missing something here....are we not cash rich as a club from recent sales right now ? My god our net spend over last few seasons is minimal ,then add the Coutinho cash not to mention TV pennies... if Alisson is the man bring him in fuck the cost we got it so spend it...its not money that matters it's changing the ongoing Years of not having a PL trophy to wave in front of the Mancs

redfanman

TIA Regular
@Livvy I have to say when I first saw this story - that is what came to mind - someone possibly trying to unsettle the camp - unminding game playing. If so don't think it will have any effect on Karius. He is starting to appear more relaxed and confident - good to see - would dearly love him to prove his worth.
It could simply be Roma trying to drum up competition for the player's signature. There was some noise about an approach in January or at least interest and they apparently need money for the FFP so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility we were trying to get a deal done quickly by offering a healthy fee if agreed quick. Likewise it could simply be agents or sky talking bollox!

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Karius has been very solid lately but it's too early to tell how things will work out before the transfer window. Even if he continues his form, may be too good to pass up Allison if he's as good as he's made out to be. We have the money to spend. Whatever will make the starting 11 strongest, I say let's get him.

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
Not saying we are signing Allison but I don’t believe that we aren’t interested. Klopp and the transfer team have shown that most of the guys we are after we’ve been scouting them and had them in our plans for a long time. We aren’t dropping our interest completely just because Karius had three good matches.

And it only makes sense to restate support for Karius. We need him for the next few months and the best chance to keep him progressing is to keep him confident. And from a negotiation stand point we need to not look so desperate.

I think there’s a chance we stay with Karius as our number one depending on how the next few months goes, but I don’t buy it at all that we’ve dropped all interest in Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.