• Goalposts (yawn)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Sack of cash

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Tries to lean on Karius, who drops him

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Worried Achterberg

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Contract table. Which it obviously will be.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Degsy’s World Cup runner up medal. He hasn’t taken it off yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desperate for content Express journalists.

• 10,000 scouse OAPs having their pacemakers checked.

• Nabil Fekir, who is leaning the other way.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • No lean. We’re all just getting carried away.

• Rio Festival headdress

• Ray Clemmo’s goalie gloves.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby F’s gorgeous new silver locks.

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters

Limiescouse

If your best argument about keeping Karius between the sticks moving forward was that there was "growing opinion" about his quality down the stretch last season, then you're basically saying that your reason for backing Karius is suspect at best.
That isnt remotely what I'm saying. But nor do you even seem to understand what it is you have said that I have objected to, so I'll move on.

humanrefutation

That isnt remotely what I'm saying. But nor do you even seem to understand what it is you have said that I have objected to, so I'll move on.
Or, maybe you haven't explained yourself very well. That's also possible, right? :think:

Limiescouse said:
Yes, some people continued to be unconvinced by him, but to pretend that there was not a group who were won over by him, one that got bigger by the week, is fantasy. Either you ignored the ongoing debate, or you have misremembered how the second half of the season went.
Limiescouse said:
It is one thing to say you disagreed with the growing opinion about his quality, it is another to pretend it didn't exist or that it wasn't valid.
What is your point if it isn't that, then? Because I'd love to discuss an opinion of Karius that isn't tethered to this perception of growing sentiments in his favor.

Jayus20

“Italian outlet Gazzetta Dello Sport is reporting that Liverpool are preparing an offer of €60m plus €5m in bonuses for Allison, offer could be officially submitted today.” Not sure on the reliability but it’s a start at least in terms of Alisson reports lol

One thing I would say is the news always comes from the other side first. Liverpool connected journalists now go on about "interest but not a priority" "may move but not sure" stuff like that and nothing firms up on our side till just before it's completed. Meanwhile it's in the media the other side earlier, sometimes throughout. I still think this will happen but think it'll drag till it's known what is happening at Real Madrid first.

Isn't it time we all got behind Karius? And once we have done that, can we maybe shout with one voice : YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE FIRING LINE! I mean seriously....surely Klopp cannot be that stubborn and/or blind? Just because Karius is his signing and a fellow German? It defies belief. The head honcho must have a scintilla of desire to win his next final rather than add it to the list of 'gallant loser' acheivements? The mad twitter death threat etc etc route is clearly not a viable option ... better to say in a caring and thoughtful way 'The poor lad is suffering with his state of mind and maybe that concussion is still lingering; let him have a long lie down in a darkened room somewhere for around....oohh say two or three seasons at least...and after that we can see if he is able to do the basics...catching a ball in his midriff for example...and then we can begin rehabilitation!'

Herb

For the price mentioned in this recent report that has came out, would anybody want to spend that much on him regardless of how desperate for a keeper we may be? From what we’ve seen of him against us and at the World Cup I don’t think he’s really looked worth half of that, though from what you read/hear he was very impressive both in Serie A and in the earlier CL rounds last season.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Isn't it time we all got behind Karius? And once we have done that, can we maybe shout with one voice : YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE FIRING LINE! I mean seriously....surely Klopp cannot be that stubborn and/or blind? Just because Karius is his signing and a fellow German? It defies belief. The head honcho must have a scintilla of desire to win his next final rather than add it to the list of 'gallant loser' acheivements? The mad twitter death threat etc etc route is clearly not a viable option ... better to say in a caring and thoughtful way 'The poor lad is suffering with his state of mind and maybe that concussion is still lingering; let him have a long lie down in a darkened room somewhere for around....oohh say two or three seasons at least...and after that we can see if he is able to do the basics...catching a ball in his midriff for example...and then we can begin rehabilitation!'
Have a think about this though?

What do you want Klopp to do? Sit down in front of the media and say Karius isn’t good enough and needs replacing. Then watch the price of any keeper we enquire after be subject to a desperation tax and Karius’ value fall through the floor.

Any process to replace him needs to happen behind closed doors, while he is supported and backed in public. This is how it works.

If Klopp really wants him then pay what it takes imo. Do I think he is a massive upgrade on Karius? Probably not, but he fits our system and a lot of the stats and metrics show he is a good keeper. He is a risk so it's up to the Manager if he wants to take that risk at the price quoted. At the moment it looks like he doesn't.

Have a think about this though?

What do you want Klopp to do? Sit down in front of the media and say Karius isn’t good enough and needs replacing. Then watch the price of any keeper we enquire after be subject to a desperation tax and Karius’ value fall through the floor.

Any process to replace him needs to happen behind closed doors, while he is supported and backed in public. This is how it works.

Totally valid point, which the sensible part of my LFC supporting brain agrees with! However there is always that other voice saying, basically, that we are actually going to soldier on with the damaged goods we have, rather than buy a shiny new keeper. I know Fabinho appeared out of the blue, but generally any transfer that succeeds seems to be previewed with weeks or months of speculation and talk about its proceeding etc. Any time there is a hint of an alternative keeper being sounded out, an almost instant dismissal or counter-view seems to be touted, pouring cold water on the idea. If we stick with the present option we will be an absolute laughing stock at every ground we visit; the mocking Gerard songs will doubtless have to compete with 'hilarious' chants highlighting Karius's uselessness. So I hope you are right, but I'd be massively reassured if I heard some (uncontradicted) info that we were at least actively talking to other GKs. Migs waving goodbye would help, as surely then we are pretty light in that dept and that would give LFC an excuse to go public with their pursuit of a gloveman. (Yes I did just say 'gloveman!!') :-)

rab

Honestly can't see this happening. Any reports now are being quashed by the likes of Joyce, Pearce and Maddock and now we're seeing Klopp talk up Ward having already publicly put his support behind Karius.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Honestly can't see this happening. Any reports now are being quashed by the likes of Joyce, Pearce and Maddock and now we're seeing Klopp talk up Ward having already publicly put his support behind Karius.
Looks more like a ‘we’re not desperate’ move from LFC.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Or they don't want to make any sort of public attempt whilst the prefered option for Real Madrid is open, which just adds fuel to the fire of an under pressure Karius. If say Real sign Courtois I can see us moving quickly for Alisson.

I'm a Brazilian and a big liverpool fan, I've seen that goalkeeper play in many matches in the Brazilian Championship and I've seen his performance in Europe, this guy does not pass any confidence, when you need him at decisive moments he does not play, I hope Liverpool do not do this big mistake
Yep totally, you can see it in his demeanor.

Yep totally, you can see it in his demeanor.
Yes, I have been with him for a long time, I know what that goalkeeper is, even though Tite put him in the Brazilian national team, practically cost us a place in the semi final, that second goal that Brazil takes, I watched more than 5 times and the positioning of him is poor, a better goalkeeper would close the corner where De Bruyne hit and could get on the ball at least. There is no safety to go on the balls, I really hope that liverpool does not make that mistake of catching it

Last edited:

rab

Or they don't want to make any sort of public attempt whilst the prefered option for Real Madrid is open, which just adds fuel to the fire of an under pressure Karius. If say Real sign Courtois I can see us moving quickly for Alisson.
Or we're genuinely going into next season with Karius and Ward like when Klopp said we weren't buying a left back and we spent a season playing James Milner out of position negating some of the attacking threat from that flank.

HKReds

Yes, I have been with him for a long time, I know what that goalkeeper is, even though Tite put him in the Brazilian national team, practically cost us a place in the semi final, that second goal that Brazil takes, I watched more than 5 times and the positioning of him is poor, a better goalkeeper would close the corner where De Bruyne hit and could get on the ball at least. There is no safety to go on the balls, I really hope that liverpool does not make that mistake of catching it
Your assessment of his career might be accurate but for your assessment on Belgium second goal, should he have done what you said, i.e. positioned more to cover the far post when the attack is coming from the opposite side... it will be a even worse mistake.

Your assessment of his career might be accurate but for your assessment on Belgium second goal, should he have done what you said, i.e. positioned more to cover the far post when the attack is coming from the opposite side... it will be a even worse mistake.

Maybe yes or no, I still understand that a better positioning has to have happened, but maybe you're right, what I have to summarize about it is that, if you have a word that defines this goalkeeper, it is insecurity. If it is to hire a Brazilian goalkeeper today, that liverpool will go for Cassio (Corinthians), that yes is an excellent goalkeeper and has an impressive curriculum.

BTW It's a pleasure for me, to talk about liverpool things with you guys.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
I think this just highlights how poor all 3 keepers are at LFC

Saw a tweet from Maddock I think saying Ward to given a chance, Mingolet might stay as he thinks he has a chance of getting shirt back.

Ward - from nowhere to 1st choice? How does playing no games for a year make you ready
Mingolet - How can he think he has a chance after his constant fuck ups? Looks around and sees Ward and Karius as rivals and thinks - theyre shite so I have a chance.
Karius - never been good enough. Mental gone and needs to be moved on

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
I think this just highlights how poor all 3 keepers are at LFC

Saw a tweet from Maddock I think saying Ward to given a chance, Mingolet might stay as he thinks he has a chance of getting shirt back.

Ward - from nowhere to 1st choice? How does playing no games for a year make you ready
Mingolet - How can he think he has a chance after his constant fuck ups? Looks around and sees Ward and Karius as rivals and thinks - theyre shite so I have a chance.
Karius - never been good enough. Mental gone and needs to be moved on
Apparently it is Ward's effort in training.....I think it's just a smoke screen so it doesn't look like we are panicking over the keeper situation, as you say how do you go from third choice to first in a month or so just on attitude alone.

Have been thinking the same. Can imagine us getting Navas after RM get Courtois and Chelsea perhaps get Alisson .
If you said at the start of the window we will have Navas as out new number 1 then I would be disapointed, but now I'll take him.

We are not going to challenge or win anything with our current group of keepers. It puts pressure on the defense.