• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Alisson (GK) AS Roma

What will Alisson be leaning on?

• Goalposts (yawn)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sack of cash

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Tries to lean on Karius, who drops him

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Worried Achterberg

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Contract table. Which it obviously will be.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Degsy’s World Cup runner up medal. He hasn’t taken it off yet.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Desperate for content Express journalists.

• 10,000 scouse OAPs having their pacemakers checked.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Nabil Fekir, who is leaning the other way.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • No lean. We’re all just getting carried away.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Rio Festival headdress

• Ray Clemmo’s goalie gloves.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Bobby F’s gorgeous new silver locks.

Votes: 31 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

richieh10

For sure rivals are terrified. And those not so insecure are admitting it.

In less than a year, Klopp has managed to fill the glaring holes all the rivals always pointed out were holding us back. He’s filled them with top, top quality in Naby, VVD and Alisson.

They’re also jealous. Jealous and angry because it’s now very evident that LFC is far removed from years of aimless wandering and have a clear direction and objectives that we are absolutely steam rolling toward.

Right now, only the billion dollar City can fuck with us. Maybe Spurs too, but I suspect that they’ve topped out in terms of big transfers. We’ve only just begun.
Spurs are fucked. That stadium will be their downfall trasfer wise for next 5 years... like arsenal

richieh10

Wow, that was fast. I guess I have to get on board this train now - he is a great goalkeeper. The only thing I don't like about him, from what I have seen so far, is that he doesn't come out to get crosses. Also, 67m seems like a very high fee, especially if Real are getting Courtouis (who in my opinion is the best goalkeeper in the world) for 31m. But, he will definitely improve us so I am happy about that. We might actually have a mean defense this season!
Are you kidding he is class at crosses and Courtois is only 31m coz he has 1 year left

Limiescouse

Yes I know that, just where the fuck did it come from hahaha
There is this one club in St Louis where all the kids whoop like Ric Flair if they want the ball. No matter where you are in the US, if you come across a player, even a grown man, doing it you can bet $1000 he played for Scott Gallagher. It's fucking infuriating.

richieh10

There is this one club in St Louis where all the kids whoop like Ric Flair if they want the ball. No matter where you are in the US, if you come across a player, even a grown man, doing it you can bet $1000 he played for Scott Gallagher. It's fucking infuriating.
Sounds fucking terrible

Jayus20

From what I've seen, he isn't. But you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.
Which clearly isn't much then. I've seen more than enough of him this season to know he's decent at coming for crosses. Let's put it this way, catches per 90 he's above Courtois, Lloris, De Gea, Ederson, Oblak and Ter Stegan. But of course he's the one that's wrong lollollol better luck next time yeah.

richieh10

Which clearly isn't much then. I've seen more than enough of him this season to know he's decent at coming for crosses. Let's put it this way, catches per 90 he's above Courtois, Lloris, De Gea, Ederson, Oblak and Ter Stegan. But of course he's the one that's wrong lollollol better luck next time yeah.
I thank you

richieh10

I just “liked” this, maybe we should introduce a “Love” button coz I fucking love it

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
For what it's worth, the folks upset with the fee need to realize that part of the reason for such a high fee is that great keepers don't often find themselves on the market. If Buffon was available 10 years ago, you better believe he would have gone for a stupendous fee. If Bayern decided to part with Neuer, he'd probably go for more than what Alisson is coming here for. Oblak wasn't leaving for less than 90M, probably. De Gea would cost more than Alisson if United put him back on the market. As does Courtois if he didn't only have one year left on his current contract.

Limiescouse

hey now.. my nephew plays for Gallagher . I'm not sure I recall him doing that but I will ask him. lol
Ha. I once played a game in California and one of their players was doing it. Our DM grew up playing for Busch (their main rival) and he got to the point where he just Roy Keaned the lad then gave out a big "Woooooo" as he stood over the lad, Roy Keane style.

richieh10

For what it's worth, the folks upset with the fee need to realize that part of the reason for such a high fee is that great keepers don't often find themselves on the market. If Buffon was available 10 years ago, you better believe he would have gone for a stupendous fee. If Bayern decided to part with Neuer, he'd probably go for more than what Alisson is coming here for. Oblak wasn't leaving for less than 90M, probably. De Gea would cost more than Alisson if United put him back on the market. As does Courtois if he didn't only have one year left on his current contract.
Spot on

There are probably 20-30 class defenders, 20-30 class midfielders, 20-30 world class strikers

Probably only 10 world class goal keepers and they don’t come about often... so when they do their lack of supply means demand is high so the price goes up

richieh10

The likelihood is that by the time Alissons contract finishes (5 years) the GK record would probably have been beaten a few times over

richieh10

Chelski are looking fooked tho.

Widely regarded to lose Courtois and they will defo be held to ransom for anybody decent.

Schmeichel and Butland their being linked with... prob 30-40 million right there or they go for the cheaper option and get Cech

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
It hasn’t... but we are in a different world now fees wise... that’s only going to get higher
Is it? Last year the record was broken by City for Ederson about 16 years since Buffon was signed for the record fee and by only a couple of million pounds more. We've almost doubled the record fee. Unless someone activates Oblak's clause i dont see that kind of money being spent again on a keeper over the next 5-6 years, certainly not multiple times. Only a handful of clubs would contemplate doing so. Fee's are unlikely to rise sufficiently to make the 60-70m range common for GKs, especially with tv revenues unlikely to increase further any time soon.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Is it? Last year the record was broken by City for Ederson about 16 years since Buffon was signed for the record fee and by only a couple of million pounds more. We've almost doubled the record fee. Unless someone activates Oblak's clause i dont see that kind of money being spent again on a keeper over the next 5-6 years, certainly not multiple times. Only a handful of clubs would contemplate doing so. Fee's are unlikely to rise sufficiently to make the 60-70m range common for GKs, especially with tv revenues unlikely to increase further any time soon.
Of course for context, Ederson is Alisson’s Backup...

Toro

Florida Red
By my estimation, if this deal goes through, we will have spent £176 million in this transfer window.

However, we have made a profit off transfers the past two seasons.

Again, by my estimation, if this deal goes through, our average net spend - yes, that's what matters most - per season over the last two seasons and this window is currently £41 million, and £32 million since FSG bought our club.

So that is very reasonable in this context.

vjcpatriot

Compare Alisson to his competition in the Premier league and he stacks up favorably, in the same class as the likes of Courtois, De Gea, and Ederson:

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#serie_a/2017/2018/alisson/869/869/6196/0/p|premier_league/2017/2018/thibaut_courtois/819/819/1558/0/p|premier_league/2017/2018/david_de_gea/819/819/590/0/p|premier_league/2017/2018/ederson/819/819/16518/0/p#goals_conceded/saves_per_goal/distribution_accuracy/avg_distribution_length/punches/catches/saves#90

Goals conceded, Saves per goal, Distribution accuracy, Catches, and Saves. You'll find that he's on par with that star studded lot.

We landed ourselves an elite goalkeeper and he's really going to give our lads a lot more confidence as the #1 backstop.

richieh10

The transfer of Ederson didn’t beat Buffon. It just looked as if it did because the transfer wa sin £ and how the £ compared to the € meant the fee looked bigger but in fact it wasn’t

YeGra

So if reports are to be believed, the only thing standing in Alisson being a Liverpool player is the medical. Or a very last minute bid from Chelsea.

Looking very good I do say.

Jayus20

So if reports are to be believed, the only thing standing in Alisson being a Liverpool player is the medical. Or a very last minute bid from Chelsea.

Looking very good I do say.
Nahh not even Chelsea can do anything now imo. Only thing left is the medical!

Status
Not open for further replies.