Andrew Robertson: Welcome to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Alright fella... the last scotsman that came over had too much lobscouse ended up couldn't even walk up the dresser stairs without having to stop to take a breath. So welcome, but mind your intake... :)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I wouldn't say that he looks better when he is moody... I'm sure a dinosaur could crush his car or something...Oh they did that :/

YeGra

Welcome Robert Anderson *double checks his name*.. uhm I mean, Andrew Robertson!

Seriously though this will never be the marquee signing but he has my full support and I hope he does well, and he proves that 10mil to be an absolute bargain!

Now where's Napoli with that money?

GratefulRed

TIA Reserve Team
Ad-free Member
Welcome Andy! Good luck to you.

He doesn't even have to be world class to be one of the better left backs in the upper half of the table.

Chelsea- Alonso
Tottenham- Rose
City- at the moment no one, but assume Mendy
Liverpool- Milner and now Robertson
Arsenal- Monreal and Gibbs
United- Shaw or Blind

Every one of those players listed above are decent players,!but it's not a level that I'd consider unattainable for Robertson. I look forward to seeing him play.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
We signed a left back! :celebrating:

I hope @ubermick is warming up his motor ready for that drive to the airport lol

Happy with this, think he'll be a solid addition and if nothing else will help keep Milner in top form throughout the season by allowing him to rest as needed. This lad could even be first choice by next May.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Good signing, very good in fact. Huge drop off from Milner once he started to tire, this means this is now not a problem.. Can easily see Robertson and TAA being our starting fullbacks v's the sit deep teams, and first choice for everything come the end of the season.

Mo-red

Welcome Andrew Robertson. I hope he is the answer for a long search of that position.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Hope we`ll welcome him with open arms and give him time enough to settle in nicely.

What a journey this young boy has made... from a supermarket cashier to a Liverpool player within 4 years is just incredible !

Let´s be patient and we´ll see what Klopp can do with him.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Last edited:

LS12Red

Welcome to the club you're obviously special if Jurgen has been after you looking forward to seeing you play

Icedagger

Good luck! Excited to see how Klopp can work his magic.

And I'm happy we will be seeing left footed crosses from that position. As long as they don't end up on row z.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Klopp on Robertson: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...hails-robertson-s-incredible-personal-journey

Jürgen Klopp has paid tribute to the 'incredible personal journey' undertaken by Andy Robertson prior to sealing his move to Liverpool today:

(...)

"For Andrew this is another big step on what has been a quite incredible personal journey in a very short space of time,"

“I love his story; where he has come from professionally to reach this point.

"When you speak to him it is clear why he makes his progress. He has a burning love for playing football - he really loves the game.

"His attitude is outstanding - absolutely outstanding. His talent and skills - also very, very good.

"He has experience of this competition, the Premier League, and he has the mentality and quality to get even better.

"I know our environment will benefit him and help him push himself even more than he has already. This is a player who does not limit his ambition, I think."

"This addition gives us fantastic competition in the left full-back position now,"

"Obviously, James Milner did very well for us last season there and can play most positions on the football pitch. Alberto Moreno looks really good in pre-season and we have Jon Flanagan back, who can play left or right full-back.

"This signing strengthens us at full-back and I'm really pleased about this."
Klopp's stamp of approval? Welcome Andy! :well done:

Ahmed Hussain

Sad guy with no life :(
Welcome Andy! Good luck to you.

He doesn't even have to be world class to be one of the better left backs in the upper half of the table.

Chelsea- Alonso
Tottenham- Rose
City- at the moment no one, but assume Mendy
Liverpool- Milner and now Robertson
Arsenal- Monreal and Gibbs
United- Shaw or Blind

Every one of those players listed above are decent players,!but it's not a level that I'd consider unattainable for Robertson. I look forward to seeing him play.
If you've noticed, Milner isn't the on converted left back as Rose was a winger, Blind a defensive mid, Alonso also a winger and of course Milner who was supposed to be a central midfielder lol

Flobs

FADA
Hi Andrew Robertson,
Congratulations on your move to LFC.
I will be more than interested watching and evaluating your performances for us. (N.B don't really know that much about you but if Klopp and his team chose you you must be a good fit for us).
Good luck and bravo!

Samwise the Brave

Welcome to the best club in the world Andrew! I wish all the best for you.

I think you'll do really well here and look forward to seeing what you can do for us.

There's our LB sorted (hopefully for the next 10 years if Robertson keeps improving!), on to other business!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
The lean is on his Left Arm, He signed the contract with his Left Hand, looks like we have another left footer.

Welcome Lad.

Give it some.

Samwise the Brave

The lean is on his Left Arm, He signed the contract with his Left Hand, looks like we have another left footer.

Welcome Lad.

Give it some.
You do realize left handed and left footed ness are completely unrelated right? I'm left handed and as rightfooted as it gets. I know left footed people who are right handed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.