• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Andy Carroll - To West Ham or Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve10

TIA New Signing
West Ham have taken Chamokh from Arsenal on loan for the rest of the season. They are also interested in 2-3 other strikers. The rumour is that Big Sam wants to send Carroll back to Liverpool (like Sahin back to RM). Rodgers doesnt want him back and the only club who will want and need him are Newcastle. Either on loan or a permanent transfer which may suit all parties. One of the London journos talking on Talksport just now stated that there is a good chance of this happening.

RedLaw

JFT96
Wouldn't be able to happen in January would it? I thought a player couldn't register for more than two clubs in a single season.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Cant play for three clubs in one season can you?

Would need special permission from FA as far as understand it.

Cant see it personally Sam and the West Ham owners seem to love Andy.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Well that's bad news. If NUFC are the only club that want him, we are gonna get a pretty meager fee...or they might be able to get him on loan which would be even worse. Even if he performs well on loan, and other clubs become interested, I'm sure Andy himself will choose to stay at Newcastle. What a disaster.

And this comes just as Kenwyne Jones has started to perform again...Redknapp, please help us!!

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Do we count as one of the 3 clubs if Andy never made a first team appearance (thought he was only in pre-season)? Probably.

West Ham can't force our hand, though, right? Without paying a big fee for breaking the contract?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
dont think that a journo on talksport makes this eligible for a thread.

I think a player can be registered with more than two clubs if one has been a loan but hopefully someone better conversant with the rules can confirm this or not.

We should have flogged him back to Newcastle last summer, even if it meant that we didnt recieve the cash for a year just to avoid the continued media games about him this window and next.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Redskins he played agsinst West Brom an City for us off the bench (just checked).

Redfanman got a vague memory of it happening with permission couple of seasons back...maybe involving Bolton? Anybody know for sure?

steve10

TIA New Signing
LFC Scout‏@LFCspy
Rumour: Newcastle considering taking Andy Carroll back from Liverpool but would require FA dispensation after appearances at #LFC & #WHU

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
@ARD -- thanks mate. I watched both of those games yet no recollection of Andy Carroll..haha.

Maybe the FA will grant an exception since, after all, this is England's future NUMBER NOOOIIIINE..

Andy is injured through at least the end of January anyway, so I'm not sure their bringing in Chamakh on loan has any implication on Carroll's future. David Gold owes us all that pr0n money through the end of the season anyway..pay up!!

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Expected this rumour to appear once Ba left NUFC.

Couldn't care less personally, as long as we get the £17m.
I really really hope Andy gets scoring when he gets back from his injury, because at this rate we'd be lucky to manage that much. I was of the opinion his value given his size, age and potential would never dip below 15mp, but I think he needs to impress in the 2nd half to stay above that threshold by the time summer comes around.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Expected this rumour to appear once Ba left NUFC.

Couldn't care less personally, as long as we get the £17m.
£17m? we wont get more than £10-12M for him..

NJred8

TIA New Signing
literally could care less where andy goes, as long as it isn't here. Can somebody answer me this, does WHU have to pay us if they stay up? I do mean have to, no if's, and's or but's. thanks`

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Nope we rejected that deal (pay if they stay up), only to turn around a few weeks later and accept a loan deal without any clauses.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
literally could care less where andy goes, as long as it isn't here. Can somebody answer me this, does WHU have to pay us if they stay up? I do mean have to, no if's, and's or but's. thanks`
I don't think so. There were talks of 18mp, with the condition being they have to stay up, but I think that fell through and this is just a regular loan.

lfc.8

We really need Carroll playing and scoring. There are few teams who would be prepared to pay his salary. Add that to the price of £17m or so. Possibly, he may reduce his wage for a move to Newcastle. Not sure though.

The only real plus side is the club has saved / earned roughly £5m - £6m in wages plus the loan fee this season.

NJred8

TIA New Signing
I don't think so. There were talks of 18mp, with the condition being they have to stay up, but I think that fell through and this is just a regular loan.
good, can't wait to see what we get from him come summertime. somewhere between 10-12mp prob. ugh

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think assumption, i havent seen anything on twitter or in a link leading to a media outlet.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
According to the times, Newcastle are in talks with Loic remy...I cant see them having any interest in Andy because he is too similar to Cisse but without the goals

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Topic is closed. We will reopen if someone provides us a reliable link.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
How much did Newcastle pay for Micheal Owen? They gambled with him looking back he was either shit or injured most the time..Carroll different to the Owen situation in many ways..He played well for them for the short stint he had in the PL before he left for a hefty price... Pardew likes him although they need more D than someone like Carroll..
I could see him going there for 17m this month if the FA let be or Nwcastle stay up and go for him in the summer..
Doubt Big Sam would want him to go especially if he could milk the loandeal

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
This thread will be closed for now, although it is expected that Newcastle reaffirm their interest in Andy Carroll once his loan move expires.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
With West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce conceding it is too expensive for him to consider turning Carroll’s loan into a permanent move at the end of the season, Newcastle appear to be the only realistic destination for the England international.

West Ham have an option to buy Carroll when his loan deal expires next month, but at £17 million and with wages of £90,000 a week, he is out of their price range ahead of the introduction of Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

That has reopened the door for Newcastle, but managing director Derek Llambias will not consider going anywhere near the £17 million Liverpool are looking to recoup for a player manager Brendan Rodgers has no intention of using.

Instead, Newcastle will open the bidding at £7 million, although they are willing to negotiate and could raise their bid to the £10 million they were willing to pay last summer before Carroll went on loan to West Ham.

Carroll is very much a priority target for Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. His side have lacked any goal threat from corners and free-kicks, something Carroll automatically brings.

Newcastle have not scored from a corner since playing Wolverhampton Wanderers in October 2011, a total of 277 wasted set-piece crosses, which has led to criticism of Pardew and his coaching staff .

The 24-year-old’s physical and combative style, allied to his excellent hold-up play with his back to goal, means Carroll is also seen as the perfect partner for poacher Papiss Demba Cissé at St James’ Park.

Liverpool will be reluctant to sell Carroll back to Newcastle for anything less than £15 million, though, given they spent a British record of £35 million to sign him in January 2011.

Although Newcastle also asked to loan their former No 9 last season with an option to buy before he went to West Ham, Liverpool refused to enter into negotiations with them.

Rodgers has been credited with an interest in Newcastle’s star player, Hatem Ben Arfa, and a potential swap deal had been mooted on Merseyside.

However, that is highly unlikely to get beyond the idea stage. Ben Arfa was adamant in an interview last week that he did not want to leave Newcastle, and Pardew did not want to sell him, even if it helped bring Carroll “back home”.

Liverpool will definitely look to sell Carroll when the transfer window opens as Rodgers has already admitted he “is too expensive to be a substitute”, but potential destinations are limited.

Carroll does not want to go abroad and there are few clubs with the means to sign a player who, for all his attributes, has not yet lived up to the goalscoring potential he showed as a teenager on Tyneside.

Although Carroll has scored six goals in his last 10 appearances, that is still only six in 22 for the whole season. Since leaving Newcastle 27 months ago, he has only managed 12 league goals.

Key to Newcastle’s confidence is the fact they know Carroll wants to join them as he is keen to return to his native North-East and, privately, admitted when he signed for Liverpool that he would like to play for his hometown club again one day.

The biggest stumbling block for Newcastle should they manage to reach an agreement with Liverpool will be Carroll’s wages, but with a new television deal swelling the coffers should they win their relegation battle, the Newcastle hierarchy believe they can manage to put together a package to satisfy the striker and his advisers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9999216/Newcastle-United-will-try-to-sign-Andy-Carroll-for-7m-from-Liverpool.html

Might as well re-open this thread as this is going to be a long game of chess.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
mpoletti said:
Carroll is very much a priority target for Newcastle manager Alan Pardew. His side have lacked any goal threat from corners and free-kicks, something Carroll automatically brings.

Newcastle have not scored from a corner since playing Wolverhampton Wanderers in October 2011, a total of 277 wasted set-piece crosses, which has led to criticism of Pardew and his coaching staff .

The 24-year-old’s physical and combative style, allied to his excellent hold-up play with his back to goal, means Carroll is also seen as the perfect partner for poacher Papiss Demba Cissé at St James’ Park.
1. Like french reserves we also lack any threat from corners and free-kicks.

2. Hold up play up front. With Pete writing that excellent analysis on 2-1 midfield vs 1-2 midfield, we would be gaining something.

3. He can be one of the options - Plan B.

Mancity with all their bloody strikers like Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, did had Dzeko and still have him. Carroll offers something different to Suarez, Borini and Sturridge.

Suarez can play anywhere in the front 4 rather than a defined place. So if we play him on the left/right, then we have sturridge, borini and carroll - 3 players, which is very much a necessity for a team like us.

We can bring someone who is versatile to play on the right or left and keep carroll, which will give us Suarez, Sturridge, Carroll, Coutinho, Borini, Sterling and a new RF to pick 3 players from. That looks like a decent competition and decent depth to me.

I am again confused on whether to keep Carroll or not. Do i make any sense here in this post or all gibberish?

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Wow just saw the Telegraph reporting Newcastle going to try to buy Carroll from us for 7 fricking million pounds. For 7 million pounds, Newcastle can have me.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
The Elusive 19th said:
1. Like french reserves we also lack any threat from corners and free-kicks.

2. Hold up play up front. With Pete writing that excellent analysis on 2-1 midfield vs 1-2 midfield, we would be gaining something.

3. He can be one of the options - Plan B.

Mancity with all their bloody strikers like Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, did had Dzeko and still have him. Carroll offers something different to Suarez, Borini and Sturridge.

Suarez can play anywhere in the front 4 rather than a defined place. So if we play him on the left/right, then we have sturridge, borini and carroll - 3 players, which is very much a necessity for a team like us.

We can bring someone who is versatile to play on the right or left and keep carroll, which will give us Suarez, Sturridge, Carroll, Coutinho, Borini, Sterling and a new RF to pick 3 players from. That looks like a decent competition and decent depth to me.

I am again confused on whether to keep Carroll or not. Do i make any sense here in this post or all gibberish?
LFC should now only be buying or retaining players who can potentially lift us into top 4 & then play CL football. Would any of the current top 4 sign him? The answer has to be a resounding NO.........

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
Surely he's not on 90K per week?! We couldn't have been that silly when we signed him. Unless we paid pound for pound.

Reactions: ptt

Status
Not open for further replies.