• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Andy Carroll - To West Ham or Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Zinedine Biscan said:
Thought Aqua looked decent when he played, think he fell through the cracks a bit when Rafa was let go and Hodgson - someone who doesn't really have any use for flair players - came in.

Had Rafa stayed he might have become a good player for us and not remembered as a failure.
He only started 9 league games yet we won 6 and drew 2. 20 points in 90 games thats top 2/3 kind of form. That season was so frustrating. The Lucas, Masch and Gerrard midfield was just terrible everytime it was used yet when Aquaman played with Gerrard and either Lucas or Masch we looked like a top side again.

S

showmethemoney

Dos07 said:
@DavidGoldWHU: Andy Carroll is having his medical tomorrow.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

So has Andy Carroll not even had his medical today??

It really does seem that not one single solitary newspaper anywhere on planet earth gets anything right, let alone heavens forbid "facts."

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
showmethemoney said:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

So has Andy Carroll not even had his medical today??

It really does seem that not one single solitary newspaper anywhere on planet earth gets anything right, let alone heavens forbid "facts."
'It's bullsheet - all of eet!'

Say in Austrian accent to get full effect. ;)

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Well best of luck Andy (except against us), in a wrong place, in a wrong time. I think he still got a fair bit of support from the Kop up to his last game for us, so no bitter Andy.

It's a good deal for Westham through. I think there was than gentleman agreement between Sam and BR on whether he can keep the Hammer up, and he did his fair bit with goals, assists and some important MOMs despite out for most of the season. Won't be suprised if they will build around him in years to come. Extra 2 mil for us also

Also hope that we will ultilise that 17.5 mil and his wage slot well

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
He wasn't out for most of the season, he played 26 of the 36 he was there for. And got an awe inspiring 7 goals and 4 assists. Sign him up West Ham this is a great opportunity trust me ;)

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Anfield rd Dreamer said:
He wasn't out for most of the season, he played 26 of the 36 he was there for. And got an awe inspiring 7 goals and 4 assists. Sign him up West Ham this is a great opportunity trust me ;)
i thought he only played 23 matches for them? But considering the Hammers only score 44 goals all season, that is 25% of team goal despite only play 60% number of games.

Either way Westham should snap him up

Arminius

FSG PR plant
gingerbread said:
i thought he only played 23 matches for them? But considering the Hammers only score 44 goals all season, that is 25% of team goal despite only play 60% number of games.

Either way Westham should snap him up
I think he had them convinced versus ManU in April. Did not get his name on the scoresheet, but was a big factor in that 2-2, and the Manc centre backs did not enjoy their visit. Trying to think of a big forward that Allardyce has ever had that is better suited to his style, there may not be one.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
From the Twitter thread, Gold says medical was this evening and he has signed.

God bless you, Andy Crayon signs for West Ham Day, god bless you.

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
It's taken an age to get this one done and for me I just don't understand why he took so long to agree. He knew he was not wanted here and no one else wanted him not even his old club.

I wish him luck for the future, just not when he play's against us lol

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Goodbye Andy. I should have failed your medical when I had the chance.

Andy Carroll a West Ham player according to wikipedia. Profile still on website. 58 appearances, 11 goals for us. 17.5M. Hahaha.

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
11 goals for us? Really? That many? Anyway, I'm over the moon that he's on his way out.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Please almost there.

The amount of clubs queuing for his signature is testament enough to his brilliance; or how more well and truly our pants were pulled down. However he put that season in for the Toon before coming to us only coke will know.

NJred8

TIA New Signing
in b4 the lock. Going to have a fine pint and laugh at WHU. happy trails andy

Drian

TIA Youth Team
Liverpool poised to splash Carroll cash on Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Christian Atsu and Luis Alberto

18 Jun 2013 22:31

Deals for the midfield trio are said to be almost complete - and Aspas and Mignolet could also be sorted within days

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-atsu-mkhitaryan-alberto-1962567?

Liverpool will continue their summer spending spree with the arrival of three of Europe’s most promising young talents... thanks to them finally offloading £35million flop Andy Carroll.

West Ham confirmed on Tuesday they had agreed a deal for England striker Carroll that could rise to £17.5m with add-ons, and the Reds' boss Brendan Rodgers has already earmarked the incoming cash for more transfer activity.
Rodgers has returned to the training ground this week intent on adding depth to his squad.

Porto's Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu is the latest to attract the Reds manager’s interest, with a cut-price £3m deal almost completed.

And he will be joined by midfielders Luis Alberto and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who are both slated for medicals on Merseyside before the end of the week.

Sevilla starlet Alberto, who has been on loan at Barcelona's B team, has been recalled to Spain from a holiday in the Caribbean this week and told to be ready to complete a deal.

Negotiations over the 20-year-old are at an advanced stage and are likely to be resolved at around the £5m mark.
Armenia international Mkhitaryan, of Ukraine's Champions League regulars Shakhtar Donetsk, is expected to fly to England before the end of the week.

Armenia's national news agency reported that Shakhtar have given the 24-year-old permission to discuss terms with Liverpool and undergo a medical.

Mkhitaryan is widely regarded as one of the most promising attacking midfielders in European football, and Rodgers is prepared to back his judgement with a £23m move to beat Champions League clubs Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain to his signature.

Flying wing Atsu has long been on Liverpool’s radar - Rodgers made an attempt to sign him last summer, shortly after succeeding Kenny Dalglish, but Porto slapped a massive price tag on an exciting young talent.

However, Atsu has fallen spectacularly out of favour in Portugal, because he refused to sign a contract extension and insert a clause demanding £22m for his transfer.

Now, with the winger’s deal nearing its end, Porto have relented and are ready to offload him for as little as a £3m down-payment - just to ensure they don’t lose him for nothing when his deal expires.

Atsu would not put pen to paper because he has his heart set on a move to the Premier League.
He revealed recently: “My dream is to play in England - that’s where I see my future.”

With doubts about the future of Luis Suarez, Rodgers has been busy in the transfer market.

He has signed experienced Manchester City defender Kolo Toure on a free, and lined up a £7m deal for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas, which is set to be rubber-stamped in the next few days.

Liverpool are also close to agreeing a compromise figure of around £9m for Sunderland's Belgium international keeper Simon Mignolet, with a deal once again likely to be completed by the end of the week.

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
showmethemoney said:
fuck me.....so he's had it already & is as good as done then.

Fingers crossed.
It's done, mate. He accepted 80k per week, txt his mates saying he has signed a 6yr deal, and now passed a medical. Done and dusted. We've finally done it!

S

showmethemoney

Cortez said:
It's done, mate. He accepted 80k per week, txt his mates saying he has signed a 6yr deal, and now passed a medical. Done and dusted. We've finally done it!
Well that seems to have been too easy!

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Possible fee of 17.5M plus the 2M loan fee last season softens the blow slightly. In hindsight loaning him was the correct decision.

Ataturk

★★★★★
Thank God this whole sorry affair is over and done with. Got a decent deal in the end, really thought we'd struggle to get any kind of fee at times. Will be good for West Ham when fit but defo had no future with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.