• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Anfield Atmosphere Discussion

liver1

I guess they automatically enroll on line, I actually looked into trying to sell my Palace seat for the game against Swansea and Chelsea (Anyone fancy it I can look into it further) I can't technically do so though I know some allow paper tickets to be issued the Palace don't.

Maybe it's an idea, I after all would be wary of handing my Season Ticket card over to a random.
That would be the right solution. Just a simple season ticket plastic card. Given that Anfield will turnover £80million a year it cant be that hard to update all the turnstiles. Even my local gym has a plastic card pass to let me in through the turnstile at the reception.

It also maintains that family and friend connection if you cant make a game. Youd happily give that card to a family member or friend but you wouldnt give it to some random person from the internet you sold the match to several times a year, having to meet up with the person to give them your precious season card then fetch it afterwards again.

liver1

Another thing they should do - no fixed seating in a block. You can book to sit in a block but not pick a seat.

If you want your favourite seat, get there early like you do in a cinema. Then people can congregate and cluster and it will also encourage people to get to the game earlier which will also build the atmosphere.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I think fixed seating is more to do with issues around crowd trouble so would probably be hard to manage. Some guy wasn't having any of it when he was sat in my seat two weeks ago.

Was in the wrong row and the wrong tier, I would quite like to swap my seat on occasions though as the one next to me must be all ticket as its someone new every week.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
But it's like anything. Announce that from X date, all season ticket holders will need to show ID on the way in. Make a rule and enforce it, simple.
I want Ian Ayre's email address and skype contact right NOW!!!! :)

datapolo

TIA New Signing
I watched that BFTBS episode out of interest, have often heard it referenced but never watched it. Can you please explain who was treating the poor unfairly there? Seemed to me (quite obviously) that the government was providing a safety net whilst the charachters in the program were working illegally.
Ptt, as far as i recall most of the characters in BFTBS wanted to work and better themselves. The whole point was that they were stuck in a vicious circle. Employers would only take them on the lump because there were plenty of candidates so they could exploit the over abundance of available labour without providing benefits or fair wages. At the same time if you were claiming dole it was hard to survive, particularly if you had that drive to better yourself as opposed to career scroungers.

The characters were essentially decent people who were ready to work hard for a fair wage in a legitimate job. The benefits system, mass unemployment and unscrupulous employers all worked against them so they were left with little choice. The consequences can be seen in the break up of marriages and frustration of the characters and those consequences have implications and effects that have been carried over to this day.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Not sure if you're being delibrately awkward or whether i wasn't clear.But mls supporters groups exist because the clubs allow them to.you can buy beer in the stands act like a twat,wave ya flag,stand with ya mates cos they say it o.k.That doesn't exist at anfield,you were having a pop at the supporters i was pointing out given the chance the kop can rock but the club/football is squashing that ability.

this sums it up pretty good.Also don't forget there's like a 10 year waiting list for season tickets,mls offers group discounts etc etc,i can buy season tickets for the Revs for 300 bucks,
You'd almost think that after all the hooliganism in the 80's>90's in European football that the constraints on fans would be more widespread. Alas, only in the UK do they exert that much control.

Other countries they pen them in with cages like animals (Poland). No thanks

Kanonkop

It's also worth bearing in mind that the move from a standard Saturday 3pm KO doesn't help. People will be a lot more "in the mood" on a Saturday afternoon than on a Sunday afternoon or Monday evening for example. Easier to have a few bevvies etc. before the match and plan for something afterwards also. Not so easy when most have work the next day.

This both has an impact on each specific game but also a cumulative effect in that the noise / atmosphere diminishes a little bit each season as the atmosphere is on a gradual downward slope. Then at some point (recently I suspect) it reaches a tipping point and the decline accelerates.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Just wondering why Sunday games are now being kicked off at 4.15pm or 4pm surely it could take place any time that day as it's not being broadcast surely a 2pm kick off or a 3pm kick off suits people better. Absolutely no reason for it to kick off at 4.15pm.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I do agree with him about other stadium, City was dreadful and Spurs was not much better a few seasons ago in which I got to go to both the fixtures in one season, Carrow road was very much like Anfield on Sunday if I'm honest. I'll tell you what Barnet is like this weekend.

Liberty can be good on occasions but can die though it has that vocal standing following, Palace is the same. Thought Cardiff was amazing when they were in the Premier League but saw them play Leicester and they were silent in the championship.

Fulham was just weird with the neutral stand

Seen it all

A Realist is a Pessimist with Experiance!
Hand their tickets back. Start supporting instead of making money off their allocation. Own up to being dead. All of the above.
Ok I was feeling a little under the weather lately but it wasn't that bad! lol

liver1

The crowd at St Marys today is great, both sets of fans are facing off against each other.

DEVGRU

The crowd at St Marys today is great, both sets of fans are facing off against each other.
Facing off against each other? What happened?? Why did this happen? Who allowed this?

DEVGRU

Just wondering why Sunday games are now being kicked off at 4.15pm or 4pm surely it could take place any time that day as it's not being broadcast surely a 2pm kick off or a 3pm kick off suits people better. Absolutely no reason for it to kick off at 4.15pm.
I agree. I don't get these 4.15pm kick off times...especially on weekends...why can't the match's be lunch time or 2.00pm or 2.15pm...it still works for the european, middle eastern, asian and aussie/nz TV audiences...

Vidocq

from doubter to believer
away fans are amazing, wish the home fans are at least half as good

GreenRedGreen

Can any locals, or whoever knows the details, explain the flag/banner issue that's going on at the moment. I've heard it referred to a few times now, but I'm not sure what it's all about.

Cheers..

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Can any locals, or whoever knows the details, explain the flag/banner issue that's going on at the moment. I've heard it referred to a few times now, but I'm not sure what it's all about.

Cheers..
Some incident happened with a man in a wheelchair, and the club decided to ban the big banner and flag all together.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Sorry, that's wildly misleading. Club haven't banned any flags or banners, they've been withdrawn in protest by Spion Kop group.

Nobody comes out of this well.
I didn't know they lifted the ban... Thought you need some form of approval of those flags and banners, which was never the case before the incident?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Club trying to get some control of what's on flags and who makes / waves them. Flag guys not happy about it.

GreenRedGreen

Sorry, that's wildly misleading. Club haven't banned any flags or banners, they've been withdrawn in protest by Spion Kop group.

Nobody comes out of this well.
Wow, that's almost completely opposite of what he'd said...

I didn't know they lifted the ban... Thought you need some form of approval of those flags and banners, which was never the case before the incident?
Why did you reply to my post? I went out of my way to ask locals, or people who knew the details...?

Kanonkop

Cheers..
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/statement-on-flags-and-banners-on-the-kop

That's one side of the story anyway but as Kopstar says, neither side comes out of this too well. The club for it's usual ineptitude and SpionKop 1906 for defending an individual who by most accounts, has acted like a total bell-end on many occasions and now it has escalated into a stand-off.

A bit more background here http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-flags-latest-kop-10496528 and here http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-prentice-liverpool-fcs-relationship-10510131

As a side note, it's a daft place for disabled supporters to be anyway. Their view must be horrendous given that their eyeline is pretty much level with the pitch.

MarcusBerglund

Look what I found. Fans of Star Wars will definitely like that :)
Fuckin awesome. We really need something like that to improve the atmosphere.

redsamba82

TIA Youth Team
Look what I found. Fans of Star Wars will definitely like that :)
Fuckin awesome. We really need something like that to improve the atmosphere.

Haha hilarious that!!

Let's get stormtroopers and chewbacca fans dressed up as starwars characters on the Kop and it could be called the Force...

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Some incident happened with a man in a wheelchair, and the club decided to ban the big banner and flag all together.
That's just beyond stupid. I bet the feller in the wheel chair are embarrassed about it too. Just read up on the story and as as I can tell, some organization for disabled made a fuss about this on his behalf but without his consent and ended a great tradition in the Kop. WOW !!

If that's not a symbol of everything that is wrong with the world today I dunno what is.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
That's just beyond stupid. I bet the feller in the wheel chair are embarrassed about it too. Just read up on the story and as as I can tell, some organization for disabled made a fuss about this on his behalf but without his consent and ended a great tradition in the Kop. WOW !!

If that's not a symbol of everything that is wrong with the world today I dunno what is.
Beyond stupid...not sure where you're getting your facts from but what you've just said is far from an accurate account.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Loving the way members on here don't let the truth stand in the way of a good old bullshitting session..
Might be an option to add 'In my opinion' or 'I think the reason for that was' to half the statements thrown out instead of stating things as fact..
The whole flag situation is a joke and IN MY OPINION the Spion Kop guys need to pull their heads out of their arse's and do what they are good at and what everyone enjoys, waving big flags and watching football!

Reactions: ptt