• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Anfield Expansion - Anfield Road End (Main Stand Completed)

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Just wanted to ask yesterday what's the latest with that season ticket list, has the number gone down (new people managed to get in?) or not?

Pearce for the Athletic: "It has yet to be determined how many of those seats will be offered to the 23,000 supporters on the club’s season ticket waiting list which has been closed since 2011."
Some new season tickets were given out when the new Main Stand was opened. More might be freed up through the Fan Update scheme which the club launched this season. This is the first step the club have taken in tackling the issue of membership cards and season tickets being used by someone other than than the rightful holder. The first stage of this was directed at those membership cards held by those with 13+ credits. All those card holders who weren't able to provide photo ID linked to the ID on the card had their cards cancelled. Approx 20% were cancelled. The first immediate benefit of the exercise was that more seats were made available to members. Never been so easy to get a ticket for the United game this season. This will eventually be rolled out to all members and then season ticket holders so expect a few more to be freed up. With this and the ARE I would expect several thousand more season tickets will be made available over the next 3 years or so, but still a pipe-dream to be thinking about getting one if you're not already on the list.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
The guy on the tour suggested they would need a massive overhaul of transport infrascture to go beyond the capacity they will achieve post Anfield Road.

So I assume for now this is what we will get to, saying that I think the Main stand has been another vital cog in us competing again.

liver1

The guy on the tour suggested they would need a massive overhaul of transport infrascture to go beyond the capacity they will achieve post Anfield Road.

So I assume for now this is what we will get to, saying that I think the Main stand has been another vital cog in us competing again.
When you look at the larger stadiums across Europe, Wembley, Bernabeu, Westfalen Stadion, Allianz Arena, Old Trafford they all tend to be industrial sites in the middle of nowhere so there is a negative to some of these big stadiums.

60-65k I think is a good size, its a big stadium but it still maintains that intimacy. I wonder as well if increasing the capacity via safe standing would require new transport infrastructure as whilst there would be the increase in people, no real building changes have taken place.

GaryBarlow99

I'd love FSG to upgrade the Kenny and the Kop in the future but just don't think it will be financially viable for hardly any change in capacity.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I know rail seating/safe standing doesn't always go down well with our fans, but if they could do it in the Kop, and therefore increase the capacity in the Kop, that would be a sensible move imo? Not sure if you can actually get more however.

I've never been on the Kop personally, and usually sit in either the Main Stand or the Kenny, usually close to the Kop, and you rarely see people sat anyway.

liver1

I know rail seating/safe standing doesn't always go down well with our fans, but if they could do it in the Kop, and therefore increase the capacity in the Kop, that would be a sensible move imo? Not sure if you can actually get more however.

I've never been on the Kop personally, and usually sit in either the Main Stand or the Kenny, usually close to the Kop, and you rarely see people sat anyway.
When SOS did a poll a couple of years ago 88% of Liverpool fans supported safe standing.

Supposedly it can result in an increase by a ratio of 1.8 or 2 to 1. Even if it was just a conservative 1.5 to 1 it would increase the Kop capacity by 50% to 18000.

At the end of the day safe standing is nothing like the old terraced standing where people use to go into the standing area and stand where they want like in a mosh pit at a concert. The rail seats actually makes it safer as youve got something to hold onto to so you dont fall over.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
When SOS did a poll a couple of years ago 88% of Liverpool fans supported safe standing.

Supposedly it can result in an increase by a ratio of 1.8 or 2 to 1. Even if it was just a conservative 1.5 to 1 it would increase the Kop capacity by 50% to 18000.

At the end of the day safe standing is nothing like the old terraced standing where people use to go into the standing area and stand where they want like in a mosh pit at a concert. The rail seats actually makes it safer as youve got something to hold onto to so you dont fall over.
Because the space per seat on the Kop is so restricted, (it is right on the bottom limit of acceptability in the Green Guide) it is unlikely that the introduction of rail seating / standing would increase capacity by anything more than about 30%.

However, due to the more generous dimensions of rail seating, the capacity for European games, which will still be all seater, would be about 20% lower than current capacity.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I'm somewhat disappointed with so much space allocated for Hospitality Booth.
It's a balancing act. If more seating was general admission, the economics wouldn't work. One hand is washing the other - the boxes will cost more, but there is demand for them, and that would keep the general seating cheaper.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
When you look at the larger stadiums across Europe, Wembley, Bernabeu, Westfalen Stadion, Allianz Arena, Old Trafford they all tend to be industrial sites in the middle of nowhere so there is a negative to some of these big stadiums.

60-65k I think is a good size, its a big stadium but it still maintains that intimacy. I wonder as well if increasing the capacity via safe standing would require new transport infrastructure as whilst there would be the increase in people, no real building changes have taken place.
Yeah 60-65k suits me. I'm so glad we stayed at they made it work. Anfield on match day with Klopp in charge is so different to how it was even when we were chasing the title under Rodgers.

Main stand has helped so much.