• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Anfield Expansion - Anfield Road End (Main Stand Completed)

Commando

Ad-free Member
I designed a solution for how supporters could visit matches of LFC in times of the corona virus:
A drive-in stadium similar to a drive-in cinema in which cars are parked on the stands. It could be set up like a temporary grandstand or parking garage in a few days and dismantled again after the season.

Could I still come to the game, even though I don't drive a red saloon?

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Not sure where to put this, I will leave it here. If it's not the right place pls remove.

Finally some news about the new trainings ground.

That Echo article is terrible in so many ways.

You don't submit planning permission. You submit an application.

The fencing will have pretty much zero impact on when the club move the first team over to Kirkby.

Click bait at its finest.

Edit: At least it recognises that the reason for the potential delay is covid.

Anfield-Fan99

I don't follow. What are these images? Where are they from?
@ Kopstar:
I started building a self-designed model of a new Anfield Road Stand in February. The design is inspired by Hillsborough and has three special features in this context:
  • An integrated replica of the Hillsborough Accident Stand, Leppings-Lane-End
  • A facade in the shape of a "hill" that is overgrown with lawn and creates a harmonious transition into the green Stanley Park
  • The Anfield Road, which runs as an Anfield Road Bridge over the roof of the Stand and therefore does not have to be moved to Stanley Park
The mentioned safety risks (car accidents) can be excluded with a speed limit and guard rails. During the games the road should be closed to vehicles. As a pedestrian-only street, it would of course be even easier. The Anfield Road sign can be climbed by stairs and has an impressive view of the stadium, the Kop, 65 yards above the pitch, Stanley Park and the city.
I imagine it to be very imposing and moving to take a walk over this grandstand bridge.

Here you can find the model's construction diary:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
@ Kopstar:
I started building a self-designed model of a new Anfield Road Stand in February. The design is inspired by Hillsborough and has three special features in this context:
  • A facade in the shape of a "hill" that is overgrown with lawn and creates a harmonious transition into the green Stanley Park
  • The Anfield Road, which runs as an Anfield Road Bridge over the roof of the Stand and therefore does not have to be moved to Stanley Park
The mentioned safety risks (car accidents) can be excluded with a speed limit and guard rails. During the games the road should be closed to vehicles. As a pedestrian-only street, it would of course be even easier. The Anfield Road sign can be climbed by stairs and has an impressive view of the stadium, the Kop, 65 yards above the pitch, Stanley Park and the city.
I imagine it to be very imposing and moving to take a walk over this grandstand bridge.

Speed limits and guard rails do not stop all accidents and many cars go over crash barriers after accidents. And that's ignoring the idea of a twisted individual doing something on purpose such as terrorism. And pedestrians will be literally sitting on the roof of that stand watching the game. If don't believe me go look at images of Lime St train station roof for the victory parade in 05. That overhang would have to have some serious strength to it the amount of people thatd be on it for every game. Hate to be disparaging about something you're clearly passionate and doing a lot of work over but that just would not work.

auzziez

@ Kopstar:

I have no clue about construction business. So not going into detail but only looking from cosmetic/visual perspective. your pics from day 1 in the link you shared are cool. You have put in a lot of time and effort into it. Kudos for that!

redaderry

@Anfield-Fan99 I thought at first that it was a computer created model but reading your thread on LFCreds it's a hand made model. It really is a fantastic piece of work. I think there's plenty of debate needed around the Hillsborough element as well as the road in the structure but it looks fantastic IMO.
How many seats have you managed to fit in in terms of the expansion expectations and, have you considered all the standard mandatory stadium access/egress requirements etc?

Anfield-Fan99

Other than the road above the grandstand, it is nothing unusual in terms of construction requirements. I roughly calculated the capacity when planning the model. In terms of the number of rows, it is one of the highest grandstands in the world with its 96 rows and comparable to the highest area of Camp Nou. I have to count the seats for the exact capacity. If you like and have time, feel free calculate the capacity based on the picture. Each seat should be visible here:

Anfield-Fan99

Here is an aerial view with a before and after comparison:
(Of course, no other houses should have to move for the construction)

Last edited: