• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Anfield Expansion - Main Stand and potential Anfield Road End

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
I can't see that ever getting agreed. You're fucking with the Anfield 'Feng Shui' there. I had my own doubts about the Kop when the Main Stand was built given how it is so much larger, but it hasn't changed the Anfield dynamic and I doubt any ARE expansion would do either. In any case, it's not about the size of the stand. It's about the people that are in it. They create the atmosphere and the rest of the crowd take their lead from them.
Emulating the legendary words of Thor, Kop is not a place, it's a people.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
If the ARE turns out anywhere near as good as the Main Stand it should be fine. I noticed that although the stand looks a whole lot bigger, the away fans' section now looks tiny in comparison. I wonder how this will affect the dynamic during games? Hopefully the increased capacity will be taken up by fans that want to sing.
I'd shove the away fans in the top corner of the new Annie Rd upper stand - like many other stadiums do for away fans. From an atmosphere perspective, I think Annie Rd is 2nd only to the Kop.

Anfield will be even more intimidating.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Inside the stadium however, I feel that it looks a bit too generic, almost like a carbon copy of the main stand (apart from being a two-tier instead of a three-tier).
I think the main problem with those images is the grey walls in the background. It makes it look like a render ( which of course it is!). I kind of recall during the main stand consultation them having an angle of the main stand in the design images where you couldn't see the very last row of seats so it looked like it went on forever, and didn't look cheap and rendered. That big line of grey in the ARE render looks real cheap.

It will be much better in reality.

RedSeven

On the one road
No qualms from me about how it looks from the outside. Inside the stadium however, I feel that it looks a bit too generic, almost like a carbon copy of the main stand (apart from being a two-tier instead of a three-tier). I'd like it to evolve towards a design which would keep the strong identity of each stand at Anfield, as it is now. And I think it can be achieved without too many problems. A few tweaks here and there would do the job.

Edit: I wonder whether it could be envisaged to move the Kop to the ARE, create a one-tier 'Red wall', and move the away fans to the current Kop. Anyone knows whether that would be working? Or are the supporters in the Kop too emotionally attached to the current stand to make the move?

Better to move the away fans somewhere else (preferably outside)and create a "rival/competing" Kop in the ARE to push each other on.With a Kop at each end no one would ever question the Anfield atmosphere again.

lfc.8

Looks good. Fits in well with the main stand and the exterior which wraps around as well. Corners not being filled though which would have increased capacity more.

Hopefully the process around planning and acceptance is all quite straight forward and there's little to no hiccups. Also assume there will be further planning application around holding concerts, events and so forth and hoping there will be more flexibility around this to maximise revenue.

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
Better to move the away fans somewhere else (preferably outside)and create a "rival/competing" Kop in the ARE to push each other on.With a Kop at each end no one would ever question the Anfield atmosphere again.
I would put them bottom corner of the Main Stand and have both ends all home fans, would even say make the new Anfield Road End one Tier that would really create a statement

RedSeven

On the one road
I would put them bottom corner of the Main Stand and have both ends all home fans, would even say make the new Anfield Road End one Tier that would really create a statement
I'd go as far as saying the club should do their best to fill both those ends with locals/regular match goers as much as is possible.