• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Announcing the new forum The Anfield Noise

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!

We have a new home and we want you to join us!
Ian St John once said "There's no noise like the Anfield noise - and I love it!"

We hope the same will be true for our new forum. A vocal place, with a shared passion and love. Different to anywhere else on the internet.

Who are we?
A group of fans, making a forum for fans. It's a labour of love. Co-ordindated between the admins and mods of TIA (Ubermick, Hope in your heart, Nikola, Mascot, i_still_miss_fowler, Zinedine Biscan, Arminius). We all have worked together to create something new. Somewhere to keep the community of 17 years going and hopefully growing.

So what's new?
The new forum will not be affiliated with This Is Anfield. We are completely independent. This gives us opportunities to do some things differently. We have a cool new name, new software and there will be no adverts.

Why change?
Cost is a big reason. At the moment we are unsustainable (from yearly licencing to hosting). The income from the main site is what has supported the TIA forums. GDPR is another issue. We at The Anfield Noise respect the privacy of individual posters. As do TIA. We wanted to avoid any potential situation where we fell short.

Finally there was a recognition that change was required in order to stay relevant. That new members where required to help maintain the forum.

So what are the benefits?

* Clean simple interface. The uncluttered look that helps focus on the things that matter; you and the conversation.
* It's 100% open source, stable, and actively being developed. It's therefore continually improving and helps keep costs low.
* Software is modern, built with Android and IOS in mind. Portrait, landscape, on your desktop it does not matter.
* Customisation. Five skins to change look and feel (more coming). Users can alter text size via the control panel, as well as customise their front page to what content suits them (ie categories, latest threads, top threads, unread threads).
* Conversations not pages. No arbitrary pages, we have just in time loading instead. Flat structure, while also being able to see replies to posts. (blending flat and threading).
*Automatic embedding. Just as with TIA, post a link to a photo, video or Tweet and they’ll automatically get embedded into the post.
* Long threads? Why not click the summarise button. This gives you a summary of just the best posts (most liked posts) in the thread.
* Intelligent quote system. Just highlight some text in someone’s post and you’ll get the option to ‘Quote text’. When viewing a quoted text you will see a little arrow, which takes you direct to the full original post.
* Emojis :love: Over 1,000 of them, and that's before you change their colours.
* Create bookmarks to remind to remind you at different times, add your own watchlist to notify you or ignore updates from specific threads.
* Integration with social media. Log on using your Twitter or Gmail account. Share threads on Twitter, Facebook, emails. Get weekly digest emails, or notifications depending on your tastes.

+ Much much more...... did I mention it's free?

Free, whats the catch?
We will have no memberships, we will never sell your information, we have no plans to have adverts. Our plan is for the community by the community. We hope eventually that anonymous donations will mean that we are self-sufficient.

Any donations will be greatly appreciated.

What happens to all the great threads on TIA?
TIA will still be active in read-only mode for the next month. The intent is to allow a backup of great posts.

We will be asking posters to nominate threads (that contain no personal information) to be backed up. We need to be selective. But an archive website with a snapshot of threads will be made which will be publicly available.

Se an example page here :
thisisascreenshot.000webhostapp.com

What else did we consider?
Closing the forum for good
Vanilla*
MyBB Forum*
Flaruem*
LayerBB*
phpBB*
FluxBB*
ElkArte*
TapaTalk*
Xenforo
Invision

Ones with * we built test sites.

Many of the software options came out when I bought a brand new Nokia 3310. Snake was the height of mobile gaming. Many where ugly, slow, not tailored for mobile platform. Suited to a past era (view RAWK on a mobile as an example). Others while newer were less stable, lacked features or too early in development. Whilst the likes of Xenforo Invision were costly (starting at $160 for 1 year's basic licence).

We settled on our current software after balancing various pros and cons.

How do I register?
In the first instance the community will be invite-only to those in the TIA community. This is to give more poster permissions for initial users of the forum. It's also to help Arminius validate users to prevent impersonation.

Shortly after we will be open access to all the public.

Can I keep my TIA Username?

In order to transfer your TIA name over to a The Anfield Noise account, we need your consent to use the email you registered on TIA with in order to send you an invitation to TAN. A thread has been created on TIA in the Site and Forums area for this purpose, simply post a request to be invited in that thread ("Please send me an invitation to the The Anfield Noise"). An admin will send you a unique invitation to your email which will allow you to activate a TAN account and register under your username.

Last edited by a moderator:

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Hi just curious as threads are live there now, is there a timeline to when here would be officially shut down?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Hi just curious as threads are live there now, is there a timeline to when here would be officially shut down?
I don't believe we have anything formal in place, but the idea has been that this place will close before the new season kicks off. We wanted to have a week or so of transition so as many as possible would have the chance to come across to the new forum.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Actually, TIA will remain accessible a month from now or so, in order to be able to transfer some important threads and posts. But it will be read-only for the most part of it I think. The idea is to let the new forum take off very quickly.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Is this the thread to request invitation to The Anfield Noise?

iftikhar

There's a log in button but no register button. Do I use my tia username and password??? What if I forgot?

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
There's a log in button but no register button. Do I use my tia username and password??? What if I forgot?
Have you received an email? You follow the link therein. The mods have to send you the email first of all.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Just a note, the clock is somewhat ticking, as the forums will be read only in about 1 weeks time (probably around the Leeds game)

So the sooner people sign up the better ;)

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Is it better if we pin this as the first post in more visible main sections?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Probably a stupid question but I assume the guys who run TIA know about and support this? You guys and them guys have all been great giving us fans a home to discuss LFC and other matters. Only just read about this it all feels quite strange changing.

[email protected]

Probably a stupid question but I assume the guys who run TIA know about and support this? You guys and them guys have all been great giving us fans a home to discuss LFC and other matters. Only just read about this it all feels quite strange changing.
Sadly, you are right to the former. There is another whole thread explaining it with the guys from TIA involved. Maybe wander out from the Unreliable Rumours thread every so often ;)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Sadly, you are right to the former. There is another whole thread explaining it with the guys from TIA involved. Maybe wander out from the Unreliable Rumours thread every so often ;)
Usually stick to the Albert, players and unreliable yeah so first I saw was this morning. Read a bit more now haha.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion

We have a new home and we want you to join us!
Ian St John once said "There's no noise like the Anfield noise - and I love it!"

We hope the same will be true for our new forum. A vocal place, with a shared passion and love. Different to anywhere else on the internet.

Who are we?
A group of fans, making a forum for fans. It's a labour of love. Co-ordindated between the admins and mods of TIA (Ubermick, Hope in your heart, Nikola, Mascot, i_still_miss_fowler, Zinedine Biscan, Arminius). We all have worked together to create something new. Somewhere to keep the community of 17 years going and hopefully growing.

So what's new?
The new forum will not be affiliated with This Is Anfield. We are completely independent. This gives us opportunities to do some things differently. We have a cool new name, new software and there will be no adverts.

Why change?
Cost is a big reason. At the moment we are unsustainable (from yearly licencing to hosting). The income from the main site is what has supported the TIA forums. GDPR is another issue. We at The Anfield Noise respect the privacy of individual posters. As do TIA. We wanted to avoid any potential situation where we fell short.

Finally there was a recognition that change was required in order to stay relevant. That new members where required to help maintain the forum.

So what are the benefits?

* Clean simple interface. The uncluttered look that helps focus on the things that matter; you and the conversation.
* It's 100% open source, stable, and actively being developed. It's therefore continually improving and helps keep costs low.
* Software is modern, built with Android and IOS in mind. Portrait, landscape, on your desktop it does not matter.
* Customisation. Five skins to change look and feel (more coming). Users can alter text size via the control panel, as well as customise their front page to what content suits them (ie categories, latest threads, top threads, unread threads).
* Conversations not pages. No arbitrary pages, we have just in time loading instead. Flat structure, while also being able to see replies to posts. (blending flat and threading).
*Automatic embedding. Just as with TIA, post a link to a photo, video or Tweet and they’ll automatically get embedded into the post.
* Long threads? Why not click the summarise button. This gives you a summary of just the best posts (most liked posts) in the thread.
* Intelligent quote system. Just highlight some text in someone’s post and you’ll get the option to ‘Quote text’. When viewing a quoted text you will see a little arrow, which takes you direct to the full original post.
* Emojis :love: Over 1,000 of them, and that's before you change their colours.
* Create bookmarks to remind to remind you at different times, add your own watchlist to notify you or ignore updates from specific threads.
* Integration with social media. Log on using your Twitter or Gmail account. Share threads on Twitter, Facebook, emails. Get weekly digest emails, or notifications depending on your tastes.

+ Much much more...... did I mention it's free?

Free, whats the catch?
We will have no memberships, we will never sell your information, we have no plans to have adverts. Our plan is for the community by the community. We hope eventually that anonymous donations will mean that we are self-sufficient.

Any donations will be greatly appreciated.

What happens to all the great threads on TIA?
TIA will still be active in read-only mode for the next month. The intent is to allow a backup of great posts.

We will be asking posters to nominate threads (that contain no personal information) to be backed up. We need to be selective. But an archive website with a snapshot of threads will be made which will be publicly available.

Se an example page here :
thisisascreenshot.000webhostapp.com

What else did we consider?
Closing the forum for good
Vanilla*
MyBB Forum*
Flaruem*
LayerBB*
phpBB*
FluxBB*
ElkArte*
TapaTalk*
Xenforo
Invision

Ones with * we built test sites.

Many of the software options came out when I bought a brand new Nokia 3310. Snake was the height of mobile gaming. Many where ugly, slow, not tailored for mobile platform. Suited to a past era (view RAWK on a mobile as an example). Others while newer were less stable, lacked features or too early in development. Whilst the likes of Xenforo Invision were costly (starting at $160 for 1 year's basic licence).

We settled on our current software after balancing various pros and cons.

How do I register?
In the first instance the community will be invite-only to those in the TIA community. This is to give more poster permissions for initial users of the forum. It's also to help Arminius validate users to prevent impersonation.

Shortly after we will be open access to all the public.

Can I keep my TIA Username?

In order to transfer your TIA name over to a The Anfield Noise account, we need your consent to use the email you registered on TIA with in order to send you an invitation to TAN. A thread has been created on TIA in the Site and Forums area for this purpose, simply post a request to be invited in that thread ("Please send me an invitation to the The Anfield Noise"). An admin will send you a unique invitation to your email which will allow you to activate a TAN account and register under your username.

I dint yet recive my invite code, please send to my email or phone XXX-XXXX, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

RedForever2014

Not posted for a long time, though have kept my eye on the forum, on and off, over the past year.

Just really to say, before the place closes, that firstly - and most importantly - I hope everyone (and your loved ones), is safe and keeping well in these strange and worrying times.

Thanks to the forum owners for offering this great platform for LFC debate over the past decade or two.

Thanks to the mods for overseeing the place with all their fervour.

Thanks to all the posters and members for making the place what it has been.

It’s a great shame that this pandemic arose just as LFC got back on our perch.

It will give competitive advantage to benefactor clubs, how much so remains to be seen.

Hopefully LFC will prosper regardless.

All the best to everyone.

nikz200

I can't believe this place is ending, gonna miss the ol forum.

I hope i can join the new one and we can keep going.

Thank you TIA mods and owner.

Its been a great time, through the highs and the lows. I particularly enjoy this community even if we argue now and then about stuff related to the club, its good to know there is a place where we can share those thoughts and those moments. Thats one of the great things being a Liverpool fan and being able to have this forum, which I'm hoping Anfield Noise can become that as well.